Tottenham 5 - 0 Newcastle United - 11/02/12 - post-bumrape discussion from p43

Dave

Great result for us and hopefully you lot don't drop off and have a good end to the season. Didn't want to post yesterday as anything i would have said would have probably resulted in a negative response. Anyway again good luck with the season.

Mods please delete my account.

farewell kingdawson

Great result for us and hopefully you lot don't drop off and have a good end to the season. Didn't want to post yesterday as anything i would have said would have probably resulted in a negative response. Anyway again good luck with the season.

Mods please delete my account.

Eh?

What struck me about the game at Spurs was that some of our players lost the ball constantly by trying to work it sideways or backwards to Krul. They were incapable of retaining posession even by trying to play negatively.

Why then therefore don't we pick the players we have left who would at least give the opposition something to think about while risking posession and who might have created something positive instead of the negative capitulation we witnessed. I would have found a place for the flair of HBA and young Ferguson to start. Spurs only pick these type of players (the funny looking dwarf at full back is a prime example).

Instead we sat back from the kick off without enough creative players against a team happy to play short from the back allowing waves of attacks to build in the most comfortable way

It really was quite pathetic.

At least I was able to enjoy chanting 'Harry Redknapp you should be in jail' for the duration of the game, which turned out to be the highlight of the trip.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

My recent record is f***ing shocking like.

Last season:

Arsenal home (League Cup) - 0-4

Man City home - 1-3

Stevenage away (FA Cup) - 1-3

Fulham away - 0-1

Birmingham away - 2-0 (although I did have a slice of bad luck there as I got all the way to Birmingham the first time round before hearing it had been called off :lol:)

Stoke away - 0-4

Chelsea away - 2-2

This season:

Forest away (League Cup) - 4-3 AET

Norwich away - 2-4

WBA home - 2-3

Spurs away - 0-5

Do us all a favour and never go to another toon match again  ;D :knuppel2:

Guest magpie99

The game showed we are a long way off champions league especially when we are using championship calibre players in key defensive and midfield positikons like Simpson, Williamson, Perch and Guthrie against the quality of players Spurs have available to them.

Having said that, we are missing crucial players in Saylor, Cabaye and Tiote and to a lesser extent, Marveaux and Raylor. In my opinion, swhilsgt it was great to get Cisse in, the club has made a huge error of judgement in not bringing in a quality centre half and I feel that when we play the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal as away, City at home, we will be on to more hidings.

I am hopeful we can maintain our lead over the likes of Sunderland and Norwich to stay in the top 7 but it is imperative we win our next 2 games at home, Wolves and the Mackems (who I feel will be hard to beat).

The game showed we are a long way off champions league especially when we are using championship calibre players in key defensive and midfield positikons like Simpson, Williamson, Perch and Guthrie against the quality of players Spurs have available to them.

Having said that, we are missing crucial players in Saylor, Cabaye and Tiote and to a lesser extent, Marveaux and Raylor. In my opinion, swhilsgt it was great to get Cisse in, the club has made a huge error of judgement in not bringing in a quality centre half and I feel that when we play the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal as away, City at home, we will be on to more hidings.

I am hopeful we can maintain our lead over the likes of Sunderland and Norwich to stay in the top 7 but it is imperative we win our next 2 games at home, Wolves and the Mackems (who I feel will be hard to beat).

Alternatively, we could just beat them 3-0, or draw 1-1 or 0-0.

“It’ll be good to get Tiote and Cabaye back for the next game,” said Pardew. “We’ve missed them, but I thought we also missed Ryan Taylor. He’s been a big player for us recently and I’m sure he would have helped us had he been in the midfield.

“If you’d had those three players available, I’m sure it would have shored us up a bit. We’re a little bit limited in that midfield – and that made it tough for our back four.”

Where does that say he's first choice like? :lol:

Pretty obviously implied tbf. Here's another.

“We had no Cabaye and no Cheick Tiote and no Ryan Taylor. There was a big part of our midfield missing – and that was pretty evident.”

Whilst I would clearly prefer Cabaye, Tiote and Taylor in there too, those comments aren't too encouraging for the likes of Guthrie and Obertan.

Where does that say he's first choice like? :lol:

Pretty obviously implied tbf. Here's another.

“We had no Cabaye and no Cheick Tiote and no Ryan Taylor. There was a big part of our midfield missing – and that was pretty evident.”

Whilst I would clearly prefer Cabaye, Tiote and Taylor in there too, those comments aren't too encouraging for the likes of Guthrie and Obertan.

:jones:

:lol:

I know, just saying. Doesn't apply to Perch (or Gutierrez), but Guthrie has done a great job overall when he has been called upon and Obertan was for a long time the first choice on the right. Both are pushing for first team spots. Pardew has basically said we were shit in this match because they played - he even mentioned square pegs in round holes in one of the interviews which apart from Perch I can't quite fathom. Again, I'm not disagreeing with his sentiment about these players, I just found his comments pretty blunt.

:thup:

I think (or hope!) they'd know that they weren't seen as the first choice players (such is the quality of Cabaye and Tiote) and wouldn't be too down-heartened by comments like the above. He doesn't say it brilliantly, but what he's implying is that we weren't at our strongest in the midfield because of missing players, rather than because of those that did play.

Guest johnson293

Radio Newcastle was sickening this morning, with one of the presenters (Alfie Joey) being a mackem, making all sorts of jokes, and quips about the 5-0 scoreline.

Strange, I thought it was Tottenham who beat us, not S*nderland, who we are still 9 points ahead of.

I'll be livid if he plays Taylor ahead of HBA for the home Wolves game. Against strong teams away I can sort of understand the need to provide more defensive cover on the wings especially to support Simposon, but he wants to be defensive against team ranked 18th who just lost their manager, then he is fucking loony and would lose my respect. Don't give me this tosh about we're 6th so Pardew can't be criticize. No manager is immune from criticism, Mancini is criticized all the time and Man City have been holding the 1st position for a long time now. A manager can be doing a good/decent job whilst still getting some decisions wrong that would have otherwise made him do an even better job