Rangers Newco

Decky

You've labelled the entire club "paedophiles". You have then made a potentially libellous claim against one of that club's greatest heroes. Neither of those are "facts"

I know you are a WUM and a troll - "Biggest Fraud 2011" indeed... But that doesn't excuse what you've posted.

So sue me, fag.

:lol:

Rangers vote: They sink... it’s all over

(Well, until footy bosses hammer out rescue plan)

THE Rangers crisis took an incredible new twist yesterday after the club were voted into the Third Division — as worried footy chiefs plotted to rescue them.

The SPL and SFA fear a number of top clubs will DIE if the Ibrox side are thrown into the soccer wilderness, as lucrative TV and sponsorship deals could be lost.

Now they hope to overcome the vote by 25 of the SFL’s 30 clubs to banish the Light Blues into the bottom tier of Scottish football — by creating a new SPL2 league.

And there are even plans to consider reinstating Rangers to the SPL at a crisis meeting on Monday.

An insider said: “The prospect will be discussed.”

The moves come despite Gers fans and rival clubs WANTING Charles Green’s newco club to begin life in Division Three.

London-based footy finance expert Chris Brady said last night: “Integrity is all very well but the SPL know having Rangers in the Third Division is footballing suicide.

“Quite simply they are hatching this plot to try and save the TV deal and keep the money in the Scottish game. If Scottish football is being honest with itself they know they need the Old Firm to survive at a reasonable level.”

The plans are being driven by SPL supremo Neil Doncaster and SFA chief Stewart Regan, who has said putting Rangers in the Third Division rather than the first division would bring about a “slow, lingering death” to Scottish football.

They fear several premier league clubs could go bust, with yesterday’s decision costing the national game up to £80MILLION.

SPL sides — who earlier this month refused to allow newco Rangers into their own league — want the Glasgow giants back in 12 months to protect their TV and sponsorship dosh. And it is believed a number of clubs are planning emergency meetings to discuss the financial implications of yesterday’s vote.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have already called crisis talks to discuss their financial future and other sides are expected to follow.

Within minutes of yesterday’s vote it was revealed there were plans for an SPL2. It would see the SPL invite First Division clubs — and Rangers — into the new breakaway league.

The controversial proposal was revealed on the Rangers website. A statement said: “Rangers’ future remains uncertain after the SFL clubs voted against the Light Blues playing in the First Division next season. The 30 member clubs agreed to accept Rangers into the SFL but voted against the SFL board being allowed to broker a deal with the SPL and SFA over new structures and procedures which would also include Rangers playing in Division One.

“It is now understood that on the back of a briefing SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster and SFA counterpart Stewart Regan gave to clubs last week that the SPL will introduce a plan for SPL2 — which would include Rangers — and invite existing Division One members to join.”

Shortly afterwards the club issued a revised, toned-down release saying: “It was mooted last week that plans for an SPL2 would swing into action in the event of today’s outcome but it is not known if this will be the case.” Dunfermline chairman John Yorkston last night said it would NOT be a shock to see the SFA and SPL formulating plans for an SPL2.

But he added: “The 10 First Division clubs sent out a message today saying we are looking for a 42-club solution, the vote was 25 to five so I think that was fairly unanimous.”

And Livingston chairman Gordon McDougall is adamant an SPL2 is a non-starter. He said: “I don’t think there is any chance of that. We all want a 42-club solution to this situation with all 42 clubs working together for football but I have no idea what is likely to happen.

“We have made a decision, I sincerely hope the decision is respected and we go forward with Rangers in the Third Division. Ally McCoist and Charles Green were adamant they would respect our decision.” SFL president Jim Ballantyne — whose club, Airdrie United, are poised to now be promoted to Division One — said: “We don’t have any control over the SPL and they are entitled to do whatever they wish, within their own rules.

“But it’s important to mention that the Division One clubs went out of their way to make it clear that their route regarding a solution involved all 42 teams. Other bodies are going to have to look at the decision we’ve taken and decide what view they are going to take.”

SFL chief executive David Longmuir, who was at yesterday’s vote along with Ballantyne and vice president Ewen Cameron, said the decison was taken “in the best interest of sporting fairness”.

He added: “The SFL has been consistent with our willingness to work with other bodies to ensure that we focus on rebuilding our game, restoring pride in our game and exploring revenue streams and our willingness to achieve these aims does not alter.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4428910/Rangers-vote-They-sink-its-all-over.html#ixzz20eCOrHgI

Dundee officially invited in: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/7904287/Dundee-get-SPL-spot

The Scottish Premier League has agreed to invite Dundee to fill the 'Club 12' spot in the top flight this season after newco Rangers were placed in Division Three.

Rangers discovered last week that they would have to rebuild from the bottom tier of the Scottish Football League following the liquidation of the old Ibrox club.

SPL clubs met on Monday to discuss their response to the decision, and have now agreed that Dundee should replace Gers.

Dundee finished second in the Scottish First Division last season and it was unclear whether they would get the nod or Dunfermline, who came bottom in the SPL.

There had been talk in recent days of a possible U-turn over the future of Rangers and even an SPL 2, but the SPL clubs say they are prepared to work towards the decision made by the Scottish Football League to put the Ibrox club into Division Three.

An SPL statement read: "It was agreed that the SPL would work with the Scottish FA, SFL and Rangers to facilitate Rangers FC taking their place in SFL Division 3 this season.

"It was agreed that Dundee FC would be invited to fill the space vacated by Rangers FC in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League."

Dundee will kick off their SPL campaign with an away game against Kilmarnock before welcoming St Mirren at Dens Park.

They also have a local derby against Dundee United to look forward to on 18th August at Tannadice.

The decision is sure to anger Dunfermline, after their manager Jim Jefferies declared that the SPL would be hypocrites if they were not invited.

"We were the 12th team in the league. If sporting integrity is why they put Rangers out of the league then sporting integrity has to be applied here," he said prior to the SPL's meeting on Monday.

Rangers' prospects of playing in Scottish football this season remain uncertain because of a stand-off between the Scottish FA and the club's owners.

STV understands Sevco Scotland, led by Charles Green, is currently unwilling to accept the re-imposition of a 12-month signing embargo, originally placed upon the club by the governing body on May 11.

The Scottish FA has made clear it will only transfer Rangers' membership to the new company if it either agrees to the imposition of the registration ban or elects to again go before the governing body's appellate tribunal.

Lord Glennie previously ruled in a hearing at a Court of Session that the Scottish FA had acted outwith its powers in imposing the ban on the Ibrox club.

The court ordered the Scottish FA to reconvene its appellate tribunal to impose a different sanction from its rule book, but this is currently on hold until Sevco chief executive Mr Green either accepts the original punishment or demands an alternative by forcing the tribunal to sit again.

The two parties must reach an agreement before Rangers' season starts in 12 days time. Ally McCoist's side are due to play a Ramsdens Cup tie away to Brechin City on July 28.

If the newco owners, who bought over Rangers' assets in a £5.5m deal, refuse the proposal, the governing body will be left one further option involving the transfer of membership.

It could transfer the membership but allow its appellate tribunal to reconvene, leaving open the possibility of Rangers either being suspended from the game for an indefinite period or being thrown out of the game altogether.

The sanctions available to the panel are unlikely to be palatable to the club, as they include the potential suspension or expulsion of the club from the Scottish game, as well as possible ejection from the Scottish Cup.

Should Sevco refuse to meet the Scottish FA’s demands, it will be forced to apply for a completely new membership not tied to the former club.

Should those conditions be declined by Mr Green's company, the Scottish FA will refuse to transfer the membership and, as the newco does not meet the necessary requirements, Rangers will not play professional football in Scotland for at least the next year.

If the company led by Mr Green accepts the imposition of the signing ban, Rangers will take up a place as an associate member of the Scottish Football League and will play in the Third Division this season. Clubs must have membership of the national association to play in a league.

The Scottish FA also want Mr Green to agree to pay all outstanding football debt as another condition of the membership being transferred. It is also insisting on the new company taking responsibility for any sanctions later imposed by the Scottish Premier League following its investigation into alleged non-contractual payments to players.

At a meeting on Monday, Sevco chief executive Mr Green told Ibrox employees there would be a "staffing review" following the decision of the Scottish Football League to place the club in the Third Division for the 2012/13 season.

Speaking to Sky Sports News later on Monday, Mr Green said he would meet with the governing body for further talks on Tuesday and insisted a resolution had to be found urgently.

He said: "The key thing is the issues outstanding with the Scottish FA. Most of the items have been talked about for weeks and weeks, those being the signing embargo, fines that were put out there, and payments to football clubs in terms of transfers.

"Where we sit at the moment is at we are in the SFL but we can't play a friendly. The first cup game is in under two weeks.

"The difficulty we have is we have been working for weeks on these issues and there is a point where, unless I as CEO accept these sanctions, then we won't be granted permission to join the Scottish FA.

"For us, it is a balance between what is fair and appropriate and what is required.

"I addressed the staff today because there will be job losses and the implications are huge. We need to draw this matter to an end now and get the Scottish FA to agree membership for us, get on with our lives and rebuild.

"There have been huge issues with getting us to the point we are at today. While we have this big hurdle to overcome, it is the last and final hurdle, in my mind, we need to resolve."

In a statement, the Scottish FA said: "Scottish football’s recovery process begins today. The Board of the Scottish FA endorses the decisions made by the respective members of the Scottish Premier League and Scottish Football League to accommodate Rangers FC Newco into the Irn Bru Division Three.

"The Scottish FA Board are also wholly committed to Stewart Regan driving this process forward. Since being appointed Chief Executive, he has led us through an unprecedented modernisation of the Scottish FA.

"He has our full support to continue the excellent work undertaken so far in accomplishing the key objectives of our strategic plan, Scotland United: A 2020 Vision. This will remain the Board’s priority as we move forward.

"The new season begins in less than two weeks and it is incumbent on the Scottish FA to conclude all outstanding issues relating to Rangers FC. To that end, we aim to meet with the club this week with the intention of achieving a satisfactory outcome for all parties so that we can focus on football in time for the new campaign."

I did wonder that myself. Not sure the SFA have thought this through, tbh. Surely if they say all the players are free agents because it's a new company, they have to say the signing ban isn't valid because it's a new company too?

I mean, I'm all for laughing at Rangers and their plight but it seems a bit OTT to say they have to play games with no players.

Now the SPL wants part of Ranger's TV money even though they wont even be in the SPL.

I think they should sit out the season and just play some home game friendlies.

They would make more filling Ibrox via that route and let the other SPL clubs rot.

Now the SPL wants part of Ranger's TV money even though they wont even be in the SPL.

I think they should sit out the season and just play some home game friendlies.

They would make more filling Ibrox via that route and let the other SPL clubs rot.

I was at a motherwell game today and they are playing Panathanaikos next week in the Champ League Qualifiers. Will get 10k+ at £30 a pop +TV money etc, Motherwell will drift through the hard times after a couple of those games.

let the other SPL clubs rot.

Can you explain this sentiment please? Do you feel that Rangers have been hard done by?

Not really. But if you kick someone out of your league you cant expect them to pay you for the privilege.

Also, Id be amazed if Celtic weren't up to the same games re off shore accounts and all that. The teams I feel any sympathy for are the rest of the SPL.

Guest Phil K

Can you explain this sentiment please? Do you feel that Rangers have been hard done by?

Considering Dundee had something similar, and lost points, and weren't relegated 3 divisions, yeah I think spite had more to do with it than anything else.

There seems to be an awful lot of double standards applying. I agree with rangers fans NOT going to away games to deprive those that voted against them of the money the clubs responsible are -staggeringly - already whining about.

Considering Dundee had something similar, and lost points, and weren't relegated 3 divisions, yeah I think spite had more to do with it than anything else.

There seems to be an awful lot of double standards applying. I agree with rangers fans NOT going to away games to deprive those that voted against them of the money the clubs responsible are -staggeringly - already whining about.

what did dundee do that was similar to rangers ?

are you a rangers fan ?

Guest Phil K

are you a rangers fan ?

They went into administration a year or two back - Quick check, they were docked 25 points.

As for Rangers, can't abide them - but nor can I understand the jism-explosion over their troubles from many (I can guess why with some, but its still a mystery with many)

are you a rangers fan ?

They went into administration a year or two back

As for Rangers, can't abide them - but nor can I understand the jism-explosion over their troubles from many (I can guess why with some, but its still a mystery with many)

didn't rangers do a bit more than mererly going into administration ?

Guest Phil K

Like ?

Are the ones who did it still there ? Or have they left others to carry the can ?

Personally, It would delight me if both Celtic AND Rangers went to the wall.

Strangely enough though, many of those revelling in Rangers mess don't seem to think the same re:Celtic, for whatever reason.... :whistle:

Like ?

Are the ones who did it still there ? Or have they left others to carry the can ?

Personally, It would delight me if both Celtic AND Rangers went to the wall.

Strangely enough though, many of those revelling in Rangers mess don't seem to think the same re:Celtic, for whatever reason.... :whistle:

if celtic get found to have done similar then the same goes for them.

it doesn't matter if the people who done it are still there, just like it doesn't matter if barclays management leave en masse, it's the company that carries the can.

Guest Phil K

it doesn't matter if the people who done it are still there, just like it doesn't matter if barclays management leave en masse, it's the company that carries the can.

Only Barclays AREN'T "carrying the can" are they ?

And are those responsible being punished or getting a golden handshake as they walk into another equally high paying job ?

Better example needed, I think

They avoided taxes but then were caught which lead to administration. The reason they are in D3 is because they were then liquidated and had to start over.

I cant see what else they did.

Oh, and I dislike Celtic because quite a number of their supporters have sympathy with the IRA, whose raison d'etre is to kill as many British Citizens as possible.

If they went to the wall in the same way as Rangers I would be very happy indeed.

Guest Phil K

Football clubs do seem to be punished far worse than ordinary companies, certainly not the "big companies" and even LESS where banks are concerned.

Whether you go back to Thiord Lanark, or Gateshead (who were apparently disgracefully thrown out of league - never found out why) up to the way Luton was treated, and Portsmouth too Although there seems to be an awfully diifferent attitude to Portsmouth for some reason, though they have been docked again this season haven't they ?