Rangers Newco

Decky

http://i.imgur.com/3L87L.jpg

Aye, Sky trying to be so clever that they've even included a 2nd Division team in the list. Every hour they also say that Berwick have a capacity of 4100 with less than a quarter seats, despite showing on the screen 1300 seats, more than a quarter.

Only way you could combine the two league systems is if you changed the lower leagues so that it was regionalised higher up and you had say 4 regions. South, Midlands, North and Scotland. Then the Scottish teams could feed in that way. Hearts and a few other clubs would do fairly well considering their fanbase when they eventually got promoted.

As others have said though, won't and shouldnt happen.

Well, no. The Premier League is the Premier League, the Bundesliga is the Bundesliga and La Liga is La Liga. You don't call them the German Budesliga and the Spanish La Liga, do you?

I don't personally, no. But they are associated with those respective countries and feature those countries' players primarily.

:lol: Americans.

It's pretty simple mate, the 'English' refers to the location in which it is played, England. Not to the nationality of the players. The fans are English, the stadiums are English, the history is English. Fucking simple stuff.

Relevance? The haughtiness is way overplayed here.

I'm really not saying anything that hasn't been lamented by many PL/BPL/EPL fans concerning the lack of Englishmen in the league.

Well, no. The Premier League is the Premier League, the Bundesliga is the Bundesliga and La Liga is La Liga. You don't call them the German Budesliga and the Spanish La Liga, do you?

I don't personally, no. But they are associated with those respective countries and feature those countries' players primarily.

It's pretty simple mate, the 'English' refers to the location in which it is played, England. Not to the nationality of the players. The fans are English, the stadiums are English, the history is English. Fucking simple stuff.

I'm really not saying anything that hasn't been lamented by many PL/BPL/EPL fans concerning the lack of Englishmen in the league.

From my experience of most Americans, there seems to be a lack of comprehension of history and the relevance of the past to the present. It's completely clear why the league would be referred to as English, and you're either completely stupid or are deliberately mis-representing your argument.

Everyone would love there to be more English players at the highest leagues, but claiming the 'Premier League' isn't english due to the number of foreign imports is ridiculous, and coming from an American, pretty funny.

True enough.

Baseball has 30% non Americans and Ice Hockey about 50% non American.

Meh, dont quite understand the whole argument though. There are some bad Rangers fans like with any club but you cant argue with an average crowd of 45,000.

If they (the fans) stick together, they will be back soon enough.

You know, genuine victims of paedophilia might be outraged by your using their suffering as a device to win cheap points in an internet debate...

I'm not using anyone's suffering, just stating facts.

You've labelled the entire club "paedophiles". You have then made a potentially libellous claim against one of that club's greatest heroes. Neither of those are "facts"

I know you are a WUM and a troll - "Biggest Fraud 2011" indeed... But that doesn't excuse what you've posted.

You know, genuine victims of paedophilia might be outraged by your using their suffering as a device to win cheap points in an internet debate...

I'm not using anyone's suffering, just stating facts.

You've labelled the entire club "paedophiles". You have then made a potentially libellous claim against one of that club's greatest heroes. Neither of those are "facts"

I know you are a WUM and a troll - "Biggest Fraud 2011" indeed... But that doesn't excuse what you've posted.

So sue me, fag.

From my experience of most Americans, there seems to be a lack of comprehension of history and the relevance of the past to the present. It's completely clear why the league would be referred to as English, and you're either completely stupid or are deliberately mis-representing your argument.

Everyone would love there to be more English players at the highest leagues, but claiming the 'Premier League' isn't english due to the number of foreign imports is ridiculous, and coming from an American, pretty funny.

I'm perfectly aware of why the English Premier League is called as such. No need to disregard what I say based on my nationality, as my experience with most Brits sees them so want to do (see how stupid that sounds when you generalize?) Such an easy wave of the hand, when it's completely unfounded. You want to talk history, we can talk history.

I'm just not so sure I understand how, on one hand, someone can claim the league's unique Englishness and on the other, lament how much foreign influence there is in the league (ownership, fans, players, etc.) Not saying you, but that's objectively true of many English supporters.

No need to disregard what I say based on my nationality, as my experience with most Brits sees them so want to do (see how stupid that sounds when you generalise?)

It does sound stupid, but I'm not sure it's how you meant it. :lol:

Yes, I am sorry for generalising, but it doesn't mean what you were saying was right. Ultimately football is about entertainment, and I'd much rather Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa than Stuart Downing and Andy Carroll. It doesn't mean, however, we can't wish that the English players were better :lol: I'd love it if Steven Taylor was the new Thiago Silva, I really would. But he's not.

No need to disregard what I say based on my nationality, as my experience with most Brits sees them so want to do (see how stupid that sounds when you generalise?)

It does sound stupid, but I'm not sure it's how you meant it. :lol:

Yes, I am sorry for generalising, but it doesn't mean what you were saying was right. Ultimately football is about entertainment, and I'd much rather Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa than Stuart Downing and Andy Carroll. It doesn't mean, however, we can't wish that the English players were better :lol: I'd love it if Steven Taylor was the new Thiago Silva, I really would. But he's not.

In reality, my personal interactions with Brits have only ever been positive. We just like giving each other a hard time, particularly about sport.

And I wish Steven Taylor was the new Thiago Silva, too. :lol:

Not any more , they play at Palmerston Park

Ah right, just duff information off wikipedia. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved their games with Rangers to Hampden for the new Glasgow derby.

They play at Hampden. Queen of the South in Dumfries play at Palmerston Park.

Not any more , they play at Palmerston Park

Ah right, just duff information off wikipedia. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved their games with Rangers to Hampden for the new Glasgow derby.

No, you were right the first time, they don't just play there they own it. Palmerston is about 100 miles away in Dumfries.

Edit; oops, first post, had to go around the forums finding out how many days for this and posts for that before it would let me reply.