Rangers Newco

Decky

Charles green proposing an alternative league set up. Wish they'd just abide by the rules instead of trying to make the rules.

They're no different from any of the mistakingly named so-called "big clubs"

Charles green proposing an alternative league set up. Wish they'd just abide by the rules instead of trying to make the rules.

can't blame them for being unhappy since the league changes does render this season utterly pointless

can't blame them for being unhappy since the league changes does render this season utterly pointless

Abide by the rules? The rules are that upon winning the league you would move to the league above and play a different set of clubs. The current proposal would mean after gaining promotion they would play largely the same set of clubs i.e not really a promotion.

If it happened to us, we would be livid. Whatever you think of them 40,000+ crowds playing basically non league fixtures is admirable from the support perspective.

Abide by the rules? The rules are that upon winning the league you would move to the league above and play a different set of clubs. The current proposal would mean after gaining promotion they would play largely the same set of clubs i.e not really a promotion.

If it happened to us, we would be livid. Whatever you think of them 40,000+ crowds playing basically non league fixtures is admirable from the support perspective.

If it's what the majority of Scottish clubs agree on then they have to follow the proposals,  no matter how big they are. They aren't the only club in Scotland trying to get promoted and they can't make rules to suit themselves.As for talk of quitting the SFL to join another league, why should that be allowed? A club like St Mirren for example wouldn't be welcomed in England because they haven't got the same commercial pull.  I don't  think Rangers,  40k gates or not, should be either.

• 3 weeks later...

:lol: :lol:

More like:

http://i.imgur.com/x3WnP.jpg

:lol: :lol:

And that's not even enough, it's just like 100 tickets more. If that whole bar thingy is 38k tickets then difference would be teeny tiny :lol:

More like something like this: ________      -------------

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/222097-rangers-boss-charles-green-set-to-resign-as-rangers-chief-executive/

So where does that leave them now? Will they need to find a new owner or what? ???

Proper dream team stuff in the last few years for them. So is he resigning for calling someone a paki or is he resigning because whyte does actually still own the club?

Btw, I take it Green & Whyte fucking the club up to high heaven isn't lost of Celtic fans.  :lol:

http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/222097-rangers-boss-charles-green-set-to-resign-as-rangers-chief-executive/

So where does that leave them now? Will they need to find a new owner or what? ???

Proper dream team stuff in the last few years for them. So is he resigning for calling someone a paki or is he resigning because whyte does actually still own the club?

Btw, I take it Green & Whyte fucking the club up to high heaven isn't lost of Celtic fans.  :lol:

It's not lost on Rangers fans either. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has launched a sensational attack on former Ibrox chief executive Charles Green, branding him "an embarrassment".

The Light Blues boss hit out after Green — who has returned to the club as consultant — warned the manager in a article published The Sun newspaper that he must win a cup this year and as simply delivering another league title would not be enough.

Hours later, Rangers crashed out of the first round of the Scottish League Cup 2-1 after extra-time to Forfar.

Speaking after the loss at Station Park, McCoist said, when asked for his thoughts on Green's remarks, "I was appalled by them to be quite honest with you.

"The self-acclaimed, straight-talking Yorkshireman has again let himself down.

"His contempt and total lack of respect for my players, for our football club, for our support and Scottish football in general is appalling — and he is an embarrassment."

On Green's cup claims, McCoist added: "If it was a threat then the self-acclaimed, straight-talking Yorkshireman should know that boys from the West of Scotland don't scare easily.

"If he does come back, I'll certainly go and pick him at the airport. I won't have a problem doing that.

"It's just more hot air that we've come to expect from Charles."

Green quit as chief executive in April but, in a statement to the London Stock Exchange on Friday, the club confirmed his return as a consultant.

And McCoist, who was unhappy with Green branding his players "the worst Rangers team ever" last season, made it clear he did not welcome the Yorkshireman's return.

He said: "After I've given him that endorsement it would be crazy of me to say 'welcome back Charles'.

"I've got to be careful because Forfar deserved their win and well done to Dick Campbell and his players.

"But our players picked up the newspaper at breakfast to be reminded they're the worst team in Rangers' history.

"I'll tell you, that would be bad luck — to have the worst Rangers team in history and the worst chief executive in history at the same time. That's downright bad luck.

"Instead of concentrating on the match, their minds are elsewhere and they're worrying about their jobs. Because, let's face it, if he's said we don't win a cup and we go, then some of the players would be under threat too.

"As team-talks go, I don't think it was one of Charles' best."

The match was played against a backdrop of fresh off-field turmoil, with a group of shareholders aiming to see the removal of key board members, including new chief executive Craig Mather.

McCoist said: "That's something I can't legislate for and don't have any control over.

"What I can say is that the current chief executive has backed us with players coming in, absolutely.

"Craig Mather has been shoulder-to-shoulder with us, which is something Charles seems to have taken umbrage to.

"Let's be honest about it, I don't think it's surprising that we're probably at our most vulnerable and weakest because we can't play our new signings [due to a transfer embargo].

"That's when Charles has surfaced and the biggest thing of the lot is that he's turned up after 34,000 fans have bought season tickets.

"Coincidence? Perhaps not."

Always liked McCoist :thup: He'd not last 2 minutes if Ashley took full control of Rangers.

Likable character but s**** manager.

Both spot on statements but playing 1 upfront against Forfar, no disrespect, doesn't do you any favours...