Rangers Newco

Decky

Would love to see Celtic fold too.

And Manchester United. And Liverpool. And Spurs. And Sunderland. And so on and so on...

Nah, just Celtic. Maybe Everton at a push.

Everton? What have they ever done to you? They're the only marginally acceptable club in the North West, tbh.

Guest Recoba

Would love to see Celtic fold too.

And Manchester United. And Liverpool. And Spurs. And Sunderland. And so on and so on...

Nah, just Celtic. Maybe Everton at a push.

Everton? What have they ever done to you? They're the only marginally acceptable club in the North West, tbh.

Crewe are the best in the North-West.  Great family club, one of my mates supports them and been a couple of times.  Great youth system, plus they hate Stoke.

Guest Recoba

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18741748

Neil Lennon says the absence of Rangers should not affect his transfer budget at Celtic next season.

Rangers' newco attempt to join the top flight was rejected and they now wish to join the Scottish Football League.

Lennon admits he will miss the Old Firm games, but insists Celtic must move on and think about the future.

Continue reading the main story

Everyone's talking about this league being a foregone conclusion. We don't see it that way

"It will bite us a bit but the club has its own financial structure and strategy in place and we'll move ahead regardless," Lennon said.

"We always try and maintain a level ground on the spending going out and the money that we bring in.

"That hasn't changed and that was the plan going into the season anyway, regardless of the outcome."

With no Old Firm derbies due to take place in the coming season, Lennon feels the Scottish game is losing one of its main attractions.

"There's that competitiveness, that rivalry, you are obviously going to miss the games," said Lennon.

"It's a great selling point for Scottish football but they are not here and there's nothing I can do about that.

"What I will say is we need our supporters to back the team now more than ever, to come and support us and invest in the club because we are going to be hit financially by the loss of Rangers in the SPL.

"We have a lot to look forward to. We are the champions and the most important thing is to retain the championship.

"Europe is something that we would like to progress in and take this team forward with."

Lennon, who expects to make "one or two" signings this summer, says it is difficult to predict the wider impact of Rangers' absence from the SPL.

"I don't know what sort of ripple effect there will be," he said.

"It may make the league more competitive. We may see a renaissance in some clubs. I expect some of the clubs to improve.

"Everyone's talking about this league being a foregone conclusion. We don't see it that way. There's probably extra pressure on us now.

"People will say with Rangers out of the way it should be comfortable but it never is."

. . .my heart bleeds for them.  Lennon must have a short memory if he thinks it is never comfortable, from what I remember they won it reasonably comfortably last season.

Guest neesy111

International Clearance refused for those who didn't TUPE over to NewCo by Scottish FA.

Suspect the EU will have to get involved if it ends up in court as nothing in the law book should prevent them from moving on free's.

I had my employment transferred under TUPE, it was made clear to me that I was able to reject my transfer. However, I did see an interview with Green on the fly the other day and he said players had to make the decision within 48 hours. I'm not sure if this is correct or not?bAll I can find is that you can reject a transfer.

But have the NewCo actually formed yet? Have the old Rangers been officially liquidated?

I'm being TUPE'd at the minute, we were told we could reject our transfer if our old company could find / offer us a job. Which they can't. This is obviously the case for rangers as the old company doesn'd exist. So as far as i can tell the players cannot reject the transfer.

Guest neesy111

I'm being TUPE'd at the minute, we were told we could reject our transfer if our old company could find / offer us a job. Which they can't. This is obviously the case for rangers as the old company doesn'd exist. So as far as i can tell the players cannot reject the transfer.

They can reject the transfer, the reason TUPE was introduced was to protect workers rights for situations just like this.

I'm 100% sure you can turn down the transfer (losing all rights like redundancy). This confused staff at our company, the staff kept on by the administrators and then Tupe'd also expected a redundancy payment from the state for their employment with the original company. Took most of them a while to understand why they couldn't get a redundancy.  Just not sure about within 48 hours rule which Green mentioned in an interview with Sky the other day.

They can reject the transfer, the reason TUPE was introduced was to protect workers rights for situations just like this.

See above. You can reject the transfer if the company you're leaving will offer you a job. It doesn't apply to me, and i don't want it to as i'm joing a better company. In Rangers case it would appear not to apply as the old company doesn't exist. The resignation aspect is a grey area. It's simple for the likes of us who can leave a job with a months notice, but footballers are contracted for years.

A more updated article says that they are 2 votes away from being placed in Division 3 (13 clubs have apparently said they would vote them into Division 3 with 15 needed) but if that happens then an SPL 2 will be formed.

So in reality it's, like this, "You can all vote however you like but if it goes against the way we want then we will just do whatever we want and form a breakaway league in anyway".