Newcastle vs Sunderland - Sunday 4th March 12:00pm

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't understand why people are not expecting a home win.  We'll win because we're the better team and the atmosphere will lift our players while at the same time it will get to them.  This is one game when we will be the 12th man and we'll be the Man of the Match because we'll lift the roof.  I'll predict a 2 or 3 goal victory because everybody will be up for this, I'd love to see them walking out early again, let's make it happen.

I can't wait for the game, if we get this right we'll win it and we'll win it by a good margin.  We should go into this game with no negative thought because we'll win.  I don't see the point in worrying about something that will not happen 9 times out of 10.  They have a good manager but that's where any positives for them will end because once he sends his players out they'll still more than likely bottle it and the few thousand they bring with them will do the same.

It's up to us as fans to set about this in the way that we did last season, do that and I can only see one winner.  The players will love playing in this game because of us, just like when we played Man U but probably twice as loud. We'll lift the players and they will lift us, I have little or no doubt about that.

Whatever you say about our players, they aren't bottlers.

Both spot on :thup: :clap:

i've never been so chilled in the run up to a derby game, never known them to be sooo bricking it. weird really.

Me too, I'm normally really nervous but I'm relaxed this time, being ten points ahead of them helps like.

Aye, 10 points ahead, at home, 5-1 fresh in the memory and having already beaten them this season really lessens the pressure IMO.

If i was a betting man, i'd say that their crumbled mentality towards us was as much to do with Bruce as anything - so we can't afford to bank on that. It'll be a close game and right now i just want us to avoid defeat - now is probably the most pessimistic i've been this season.

Desperately hope Pardew has a different approach than i do though, cos if we go out for the draw they'll probably nick it. As tends to happen in this league.

If i was a betting man, i'd say that their crumbled mentality towards us was as much to do with Bruce as anything - so we can't afford to bank on that. It'll be a close game and right now i just want us to avoid defeat - now is probably the most pessimistic i've been this season.

Desperately hope Pardew has a different approach than i do though, cos if we go out for the draw they'll probably nick it. As tends to happen in this league.

Bruce was shit at derbies but their problems go back longer than him.

Tbf they have beaten us 3 times since the PL started lol, once in 2008, once under Gullit and i cant remember the other time......

I think thier bricking it in the derbies has a bit more to do with them being shit rather than Agent Bruce.

Tbf they have beaten us 3 times since the PL started lol, once in 2008, once under Gullit and i cant remember the other time......

I think thier bricking it in the derbies has a bit more to do with them being s*** rather than Agent Bruce.

they've only beat us 4 times since 1980.

I think thier bricking it in the derbies has a bit more to do with them being s*** rather than Agent Bruce.

they've only beat us 4 times since 1980.

I used the PL example, because i heard it earlier today iam quite aware thier record against us is f*ckin awful......

They went nearly 3 decades without a win at thier own stadium against us ffs  :lol:

Bruce had nothing to do with the defeat, the players bricked it and they will again as long as we make life uncomfortable for them, which we will.

Guest Howaythetoon

I fear a loss and I also fear some insanity from Pardew with his team selection. I can see Obertan coming in, Cisse dropped, Ba up top by himself and Guthrie brought into bolster the midfield. Oh and long balls aplenty.

Me I'd put Ben Arfa wide left and move Jonas over to the right to protect Simpson and alternate the two during the game. I'd also play Cabaye further forward. I'd go all out at the start from both flanks which will open up their midfield who will rush out to the flanks to protect, leaving forward runs from Cabaye and the potential for through balls either on the deck to Ba or over the top to Cisse.

We know they will do the opposite of above and flood the middle and try and strangle our game from there, I.e, hoping to force our owne wide players narrow (as they try and get into the game), which would play right into their hands and make it a war of attrition in there with their cloggers ready to kick shit out of us and basically play an ugly ugly game. We'll get frustrated in there if that happens.

Again, attack them from the flanks, run at them and get plenty of crosses in and in the middle try and play through them.

Easier said than done like. Paper football and all that :lol:

I fear a loss and I also fear some insanity from Pardew with his team selection. I can see Obertan coming in, Cisse dropped, Ba up top by himself and Guthrie brought into bolster the midfield. Oh and long balls aplenty.

Me I'd put Ben Arfa wide left and move Jonas over to the right to protect Simpson and alternate the two during the game. I'd also play Cabaye further forward. I'd go all out at the start from both flanks which will open up their midfield who will rush out to the flanks to protect, leaving forward runs from Cabaye and the potential for through balls either on the deck to Ba or over the top to Cisse.

We know they will do the opposite of above and flood the middle and try and strangle our game from there, I.e, hoping to force our owne wide players narrow (as they try and get into the game), which would play right into their hands and make it a war of attrition in there with their cloggers ready to kick shit out of us and basically play an ugly ugly game. We'll get frustrated in there if that happens.

Again, attack them from the flanks, run at them and get plenty of crosses in and in the middle try and play through them.

I wish Pardew was so offensive. Dreaming he would try it one match.

Just attack the fuck out of the other team. We have players to do it imo.

Guest Howaythetoon

We know they will do the opposite of above and flood the middle and try and strangle our game from there, I.e, hoping to force our owne wide players narrow (as they try and get into the game), which would play right into their hands and make it a war of attrition in there with their cloggers ready to kick s*** out of us and basically play an ugly ugly game. We'll get frustrated in there if that happens.

Just attack the f*** out of the other team. We have players to do it imo.

I wouldn't do it with wanton abandon, like at times against QPR, Chelsea and Spurs at home, but in a more measured way like we did against Man Utd.

I fear a loss and I also fear some insanity from Pardew with his team selection. I can see Obertan coming in, Cisse dropped, Ba up top by himself and Guthrie brought into bolster the midfield.

Never going to happen.

We know they will do the opposite of above and flood the middle and try and strangle our game from there, I.e, hoping to force our owne wide players narrow (as they try and get into the game), which would play right into their hands and make it a war of attrition in there with their cloggers ready to kick s*** out of us and basically play an ugly ugly game. We'll get frustrated in there if that happens.

Just attack the f*** out of the other team. We have players to do it imo.

I wouldn't do it with wanton abandon, like at times against QPR, Chelsea and Spurs at home, but in a more measured way like we did against Man Utd.

So drop Cisse for Ameobi and launch the ball towards Shola. ;)