Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 50

Nate

The most painful thing is that we've thrown away a potential 7 point haul from our last 3 games.

2-0 up at home to Wolves, a missed penalty in the derby, and the last minute defeat last night. I know "if" is a huge word in football, but to think we came so close, and crumbled, is the hardest thing to accept.

Imagine if we'd been on 51 points last night!  :( 

The most painful thing is that we've thrown away a potential 7 point haul from our last 3 games.

2-0 up at home to Wolves, a missed penalty in the derby, and the last minute defeat last night. I know "if" is a huge word in football, but to think we came so close, and crumbled, is the hardest thing to accept.

Imagine if we'd been on 51 points last night!  :( 

This is why people were so uneasy when we were scraping wins, you'll come unstuck as the margins are so tight that these things will happen.

Ben Arfa: "We did (celebration) because when Obertan is out dancing, he does it like a man who can't walk, We were having some fun with him"

Concentrate on the restart in future and lets celebrate at the end of the game.

Ben Arfa: "We did (celebration) because when Obertan is out dancing, he does it like a man who can't walk, We were having some fun with him"

Concentrate on the restart in future and lets celebrate at the end of the game.

Aye, they showed the celebration 5 minutes after the goal in the pub and I christened it the "Don't get your cheapies, we're going to concede immediately" dance.

Dutch lip-readers spent Tuesday analysing the exchange between two players who are international team-mates and had no obvious history of animosity between them.

They concluded the row was not only over time-wasting but also over Van Persie’s attempts to stand close to Krul’s goal-kicks; lip-readers suggested Krul threatened to kick the ball at the striker’s head if he continued – leading Van Persie to reply: “Go ahead then, do it.”

Dutch lip-readers spent Tuesday analysing the exchange between two players who are international team-mates and had no obvious history of animosity between them.

They concluded the row was not only over time-wasting but also over Van Persie’s attempts to stand close to Krul’s goal-kicks; lip-readers suggested Krul threatened to kick the ball at the striker’s head if he continued – leading Van Persie to reply: “Go ahead then, do it.”

Lol. Can only picture the massive trollface RVP was wearing.

First comment: "Please God, let me have sexual intercourse with this woman". (Peter, Birmingham, 13/3/2012 23:13) :lol:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=profile;u=4493

First comment: "Please God, let me have sexual intercourse with this woman". (Peter, Birmingham, 13/3/2012 23:13) :lol:

I can't begin to describe how much I echo this man's sentiments

You have to give credit to Arsene Wenger btw. After all the insane criticism he has received, he continues to get them playing beautiful attacking football. His defence is far from perfect, so he gets them to control the play. They got battered a few times earlier in the season and they're still susceptible to the odd mare, but he stuck to his guns -  and they keep playing good football. Obviously they have a better squad than we do, but just as a standalone face-value critique of how he gets his team to play - what a great manager. They deserve one of the CL spots. The 'Is Wenger a joke' thread hasn't been bumped either I see. :)

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=profile;u=4493

:lol:

Was too busy travelling back yesterday to post anything. Woke up today still gutted. Although you never want to lose, I would have taken losing by that margain against such an inform team before the game, but to lose it in the circumstances we did, well I could only compare it to being kicked in the balls. I've only quickly seen the goals in the pub afterwards so can't comment too much on the game.

However, RvP at the end really boiled my piss. I came back into the house yesterday to see his smug little face on a Sky Sports News recap. From what I've heared, it started well before the winner. The crowd were getting on Krul's back from the first minute, many times when he didn't even have the ball in his hands. Watching the ref, he didn't think it was an issue (or put his hands to his watch) until late until 80 mins - if he thought it was enough to add on minutes and minutes of injury time, why did he not show a card for time wasting or even go across and have a word? When the winner went in, the ball was back on the halfway line before any of the scuffles started. Had RvP not been a dick and basically ended the game with being a dick, theoretically there was nothing stopping us doing what they'd done to us. Imo, RvP basically blew the final whistle there and then. Having seen the footage, how was he allowed to walk away from the intial head to head going 'calm down, calm down' then pumping up the crowd? These actions dragged back the players who had positioned themselves ready for the kick off and made the ugly scenes even more ugly. How was this different to what Simpson and Krul did the previous weekend? I know it won't happen, but if the FA pulled us and Sunderland up on such handbags, whats different about this?

There is probably some sore loser issues in my views but I wasn't alone. The same goes for the poor stewarding/policing. Knowing that they were going to search everyone, why did they only have four staff and four turnstiles open? We got there before ten to and only just got in for kick off due to the que going back almost as far as the bridge. Once in the ground, there were quite a few objections from supporters with regards to us 'calming down' despite being wound up from their supporters. I've been to enough games to know its a two way bit of friendly banter but when I get told off for celebrating our goal, then a fat Will.I.Am and ginger dyke in the front row get to openly give shit when and after they scored the equaliser, its not on. When I simply pointed across to them saying nothing, they were sitting right next to the police openly winding up our fans, I received another warning. Now I know the police in the yellow and blue tops were our own and were simply looking after us, but surely their lot should have been doing the same to them? Come the winner, their eyes were on us muted fans, not the abuse that was coming from the Arsenal fans behind them. As much as I wanted to give out a rant, I restrained myself. Apparently it was just as bad at the back of our section according to some lads I was speaking to after the game.

All in all, I thought we'd done enough to get the draw and was truely gutted/frustrated when we didn't get it. As someone has said, the lose of this point feels worse knowing what happened in the previous two games. We keep being told lessons are being learnt but I'm not seeing the benefits of that just yet. Still, with a quarter of the season to go, it is still very much in our own hands, albeit it mission achieved or total disaster!

Just started listening to the Tuesday Club, first comment about us: "I was surprised they weren't more dangerous, all they did was fire high balls at Ba and he couldn't hold on to them"

Just started listening to the Tuesday Club, first comment about us: "I was surprised they weren't more dangerous, all they did was fire high balls at Ba and he couldn't hold on to them"

Aye, I'm listening to it now as well.

Guest prestonj1989

Aye, I'm listening to it now as well.

I'm assuming John Carver is supposed to be the man with a mattress in his living room?