Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/03/12 - post-match reaction from page 50

Nate

Guest VaVaVoom

Frustrated but not overly dissapointed with the result. There is no shame in losing away to an in form Arsenal.

We defended well but lets be honest, they battered us and deserved to win.

We showed glimpses of good football but kept reverting to hoof ball time and time again.

Happy we are in 6th and doing well but slowly but surely gettin fed up of AP's negative football.

Krul...7 Few good saves

Simpson...7 Thought he did well tonight actually but i agree he was to take the blame for their 2nd goal injury or not.

Coloccini...7 Solid and composed

Williamson...4 Pathetic for their 1st goal, weak as piss and positionally awful...Decent in the air though.

Santon...4 Very very poor tonight. AP's getting a bit sick of his weak performances i reckon.

Gutierrez...6 Worked hard defensively but offered nowt going forward.

Ben Arfa...7 Great goal, worked hard but AWOL second half.

Cabaye...4 Absolute turd and has been for quite some time...Worrying!

Tiote...6 Worked hard but still gives the ball away far too much.

Obertan...4 Looked good first 10 mins and reverted to type....Awful!

Ba...5 Turd tonight, offered nothing. Been poor lately.

Perch...7 Done well, few solid tackles and far better positionally than Santon.

Shola...7 Held the ball up very well and showed some good touches.

Guthrie N/A

NEED a big win against Norwich now. Its overdue and our goal difference could do with a good 3 or 4-0 win.

Decent Performance, hopefully that means Ben Arfa start for now on oh and Ba is never a target man in a million years......

He's best when he drops deep and runs at defenders or attacks the ball from deep and defenders dont pick him up.

He's an SS in my view, he should never play upfront on his own.

Hopefully we can go on and get enough points to get 6th because i dont think we deserve anything less.

Yup  :thup:

Tiote our MoM in my opinion. Excellent throughout, Cabaye lost two many 50/50s and Obertan got worse as the night went on. Overall I thought we were well organised and defended well but both goals were poor ones to concede. Perch did very well coming on for Santon, but its clear we've missed S.Taylor as Williamson just isn't good enough.

Have to beat Norwich, too many games without a win.

Because it isn't his game, he's a ball player but we're not letting him show his skill.s

Agree with the rest though, win and a good performance is needed on Sunday badly.

Tiote our MoM in my opinion. Excellent throughout, Cabaye lost two many 50/50s and Obertan got worse as the night went on. Overall I thought we were well organised and defended well but both goals were poor ones to concede. Perch did very well coming on for Santon, but its clear we've missed S.Taylor as Williamson just isn't good enough.

Have to beat Norwich, too many games without a win.

Because it isn't his game, he's a ball player but we're not letting him show his skill.s

Agree with the rest though, win and a good performance is needed on Sunday badly.

Aye that's essentially what I've said in the Cabaye thread. He's far better when we're on the front foot.

Disappointing to lose in such a manner, but there was plenty of good effort bar Obertan who was just feckin awful. Too much long ball once again and as a result, it's no wonder Cabaye has struggled for form of recent when the ball is being pinged over his head 90% of the time. It's also very noticable that our form has suffered since Pardew has started playing the percentage game. It's a tactic that needs binning, because we have better footballers than that. Pleased for Ben Arfa and his goal, but again he suffered due to being too direct in the 2nd half. He should at least keep his place for Norwich on Sunday.

Guest neesy111

What were we doing with eight players in their half, five near the eighteen yard box at that point in the game? We've completely shot ourselves in the foot.

We had 4/5 players alone up in that corner. It should have been HBA throwing to Shola, nothing more. Rank unprofessionalism, as was the desperate lack of just fouling someone when they got the ball and taking a yellow.

:thup:

This, I was screaming for someone to foul one of their players.

Just got back, was sat in the f***ing Arsenal end. Last five minutes were so tense I've somehow pulled a muscle in my leg. Can't believe they scored, absolutely gutted. Yeah they were well on top second half but it hurts so much when you get that close.

Obertan is just as crap in the flesh apparently. Thought Perch came on and did well, not too many bright sparks for us in all honesty, most of the good stuff was wiped out by the second half where it seemed to be kick it long, lose it, attempt to deal with an attack and repeat. Great goal from Ben Arfa and some good stuff from him overall. Felt gutted for the lads, absolutely gutted.

Hate to say it, but really if it hadn't been four points dropped in the two games before this one point dropped wouldn't hurt anywhere near as much.

Just got back to mates house in London. Gutted. Really thought we were going to nick a point there. Obertan once again was shit. Everyone else put a shift in. Williamson had a decent second half and Perch was acceptable. Simpson's throw at the end though...just shows he has absolutely no footballing brain. Will no doubt try and exonerate himself from all blame in his own mind.

Just listened to Pardew's post match interview. Hope he sticks to his word and has a different game plan against Norwich. Cisse in for Obertan please Alan.

Guest Vinkent

Another thing which really irked me was how Rosicky made constant niggley little fouls yet Webb was straight on the case booking Tiote who'd pretty much done nothing worse. Was so predictable.

What did Van Persie actually do? I had my head in my hands for a good 3 minutes after Vermarlen's goal.

Had a bit of a go at Krul, the commentator suggested it was him saying to Krul about how he wouldn't be wasting time anymore.

Personally think it's been blown out of proportion. Can see why it'd piss opposition fans off.

Much ado about nothing. Krul gave some back, good to see some emotion.

What did Van Persie actually do? I had my head in my hands for a good 3 minutes after Vermarlen's goal.

Had a bit of a go at Krul, the commentator suggested it was him saying to Krul about how he wouldn't be wasting time anymore.

Personally think it's been blown out of proportion. Can see why it'd piss opposition fans off.

Not the first time either:

http://arsenalist.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/6464364_7_1.jpg