Newcastle United 1 - 0 Norwich - 18/3/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

Atmosphere was flat as a fart. To be honest, there's been very few good ones this year at SJP. Spurs, Man Utd and the mackems were good but the rest very quiet.

Thought the Gallowgate corner sounded canny and credit to them for trying to lift the team.

Didn't think they were as boistrous as normal yesterday. Even the Norwich lot were pretty low key as far as away fans go.

Just a bit of a flat day all round.

Guest BooBoo

Never heard a peep out of the Norwich fans. Decent numbers but quiet as anything we've hosted in recent years.

Guest Dontooner

Aye the atmosphere was w***. Has been all season.

Would help if we actually played a bit of football to lift the crowds, i still reckon football is a sport to entertain, esp the paying fans.

Looked like there was more of them in the 2nd half, somehow. One block only had fans in the top half, then after half-time there were a canny few more in the bottom half.

Some of them probably just shifted along like.

Guest neesy111

Aye the atmosphere was w***. Has been all season.

Would help if we actually played a bit of football to lift the crowds, i still reckon football is a sport to entertain, esp the paying fans.

Yeah, even though I was trying to get the crowd going where I was, I do think it's hard to get yourself going when you're watching that shite yesterday.

Never heard a peep out of the Norwich fans. Decent numbers but quiet as anything we've hosted in recent years.

sit in the gallowgate? werent too bad in the leazes. better than us anyway

Guest neesy111

I heard them claim for a foul/penalty at one point when Colo stood his ground as a player tried to run past him, but that was about it.

I couldn't believe they even tried to claim that.

Atmosphere was flat as a fart. To be honest, there's been very few good ones this year at SJP. Spurs, Man Utd and the mackems were good but the rest very quiet.

Thought the Gallowgate corner sounded canny and credit to them for trying to lift the team.

Didn't think they were as boistrous as normal yesterday. Even the Norwich lot were pretty low key as far as away fans go.

Just a bit of a flat day all round.

There was a banner hanging over the exit tunnel in the corner, had a face on it - what was it about ?

I heard them claim for a foul/penalty at one point when Colo stood his ground as a player tried to run past him, but that was about it.

I wasn't there on Sunday but I was down there for the away game and they appeal for everything......HAAAANDBALLLLLL must have been heard 4/5 times before we started taking the piss. Random shouts of handball on the various trains all the long way back from Newcastle was hiliarious, or at least it was compared to the result.

I wasn't there on Sunday but I was down there for the away game and they appeal for everything......HAAAANDBALLLLLL must have been heard 4/5 times before we started taking the p*ss. Random shouts of handball on the various trains all the long way back from Newcastle was hiliarious, or at least it was compared to the result.

I was at one away game recently and there were a bunch of Newcastle fans on the train and they just started shouting handball.  I thought to myself "guess you were at the Norwich game then"!!

Guest Haris Vuckic

Norwich played much better football than us with a team mainly consisting of ex league one players.

As much as we beat them and good have had a good few goals why can't our lads try to play football?

keep it on the deck ffs.

I would also like to know what this banner says in the strawberry corner above the access?

My mate thinks it's something to do with Thatcher.

Shine some light on this please, thanks.  :)

I would also like to know what this banner says in the strawberry corner above the access?

My mate thinks it's something to do with Thatcher.

Shine some light on this please, thanks.  :)

Thatcher? :lol: