Newcastle United 1 - 0 Norwich - 18/3/12 - post-match reaction from page 35

Beren

Have to say I'm with alot of people here; never really come back from winning feeling so disappointed.

After we scored we were terrible. All over the place. Thank god we scored early on or we would of been in trouble today. Well that and the fact Norwich were dismal.

without playing well we coiuld easily have been 3 or 4 up at halftime.

Cisse could and should have had a hat trick in the first half.

We weren't brilliant an sat off a bit deep in the 2nd half at times but we've ground out 3 points which is all that matters at the end of the day.

Krul  7

Simpson  6

Williamson  5

Coloccini  7

Jonas  7

Guthrie  6.5

Perch  8

Cabaye  5

Ben Arfa  6.5

Ba  6

Cisse  7

Santon  7

Shola  7

Gosling  6

I would agree with this, except swap Guthrie and Cabaye's ratings.

Guthrie was comfortably better than Cabaye, even when he went off.

Krul  7

Simpson  6

Williamson  5

Coloccini  7

Jonas  7

Guthrie  6.5

Perch  8

Cabaye  5

Ben Arfa  6.5

Ba  6

Cisse  7

Santon  7

Shola  7

Gosling  6

Wouldnt necessarily swap but both deserved 6s.

I thought he did OK.

I dread to think what you make of the other lads performances. Jonas helped keep a clean sheet, worked hard the whole match, kept the ball in the final stage of the game instead of hoofing it like everyone else, had one assist and one perfect through ball that Cisse really should have converted. Not bad for a limited player with no end product.

In hindsight I admit he was better than OK. He was in fact good today, and my personal feelings towards him clouded my judgement.

Fair play Ronaldo.  :thup:

Personal feelings? I fucking love Jonas, he's obviously a top bloke. He had a decent game, was good in the first half and I hadn't realised he got the assist.

As a footballer I don't think that much of him, as you know.

Have to say today was reminiscent of many of our Championship games we won in a battle of who is less shit rather than showing much ability.

Playing the way we did in the second half is pretty soul destroying like. Wasting time at home to a relatively poor team with 30 mins left and "attacking" the way we did. Pretty shit.

Personal feelings? I fucking love Jonas, he's obviously a top bloke. He had a decent game, was good in the first half and I hadn't realised he got the assist.

As a footballer I don't think that much of him, as you know.

Amazed he got man of the match his positioning was regularly poor first half, no surprise given that he isn't a FB.

Some of the time wasting was really embarrassing. I was going spare with Krul and Simpson on that free kick in the corner at the end when Krul started to come over to take it and the ref told Simpson to do it. Just get on with the fucking game ffs.

Guest neesy111

Some of the time wasting was really embarrassing. I was going spare with Krul and Simpson on that free kick in the corner at the end when Krul started to come over to take it and the ref told Simpson to do it. Just get on with the fucking game ffs.

When Shola came on, he went to Williamson and the msg was clearly to tell Krul to start time wasting.

As pathetic things go, it's pretty near the top.  Awful.

Guest firetotheworks

Krul 7

Simpson 6

Williamson 4

Coloccini 7

Jonas 6.5

Perch 7

Guthrie 7

Cabaye 5.5

Ben Arfa 6.5

Ba 6

Cisse 7

I didn't enjoy watching that second half one bit.

First half was fine, beautiful finish by Cisse, certainly could have had two more.  We were well in control if not spectacular.

Second half was awful.  Norwich were much the better side and could certainly have gotten a goal or two. 

Guthrie's fitness is atrocious.  Cabaye looks knackered as well. Our whole side looked so slow and bereft of ideas.  No invention, no real inspiration.  The buildup is so slow and the play so predictable that teams find it quite easy to overload one side or the other, and we almost inevitably give it away. 

It was three points, I'll take it, but the performance still leaves me wanting much more.

Krul 8

Simpson 7

Wilo 7

Colo 8

Jonas 8

Ben Arfa 7

Guthrie 7

Perch 9

Cabaye 8

Ba 7

Cisse 8

Santon 7

Gosling 7

Ameobi 8

Hilarious ratings, starting to think you're a complete and utter WUM.

Did you consider that I watched the game detached from the comically negative atmosphere on this board?  Most level headed football fans would say that all of our players played well today.  Not one had a bad game.

Krul  7

Simpson  6

Williamson  5

Coloccini  7

Jonas  7

Guthrie  6.5

Perch  8

Cabaye  5

Ben Arfa  6.5

Ba  6

Cisse  7

Santon  7

Shola  7

Gosling  6

Guthrie was comfortably better than Cabaye, even when he went off.

Don't think so, Cabaye sent in some wonderful passes, first one to Cisse, cross into Ba, etc. Guthrie was forcing a lot, which he's been doing way too much lately.

I'm not sure if it's already been covered, but who else noticed the horrific grammatical error on the electronic advertising hoardings during the minutes applause for Muamba?

Me. :hmm:

Krul 8

Simpson 7

Wilo 7

Colo 8

Jonas 8

Ben Arfa 7

Guthrie 7

Perch 9

Cabaye 8

Ba 7

Cisse 8

Santon 7

Gosling 7

Ameobi 8

Did you consider that I watched the game detached from the comically negative atmosphere on this board?  Most level headed football fans would say that all of our players played well today.  Not one had a bad game.

Surpassing your Owen for England guff here.

Krul 8

Simpson 7

Wilo 7

Colo 8

Jonas 8

Ben Arfa 7

Guthrie 7

Perch 9

Cabaye 8

Ba 7

Cisse 8

Santon 7

Gosling 7

Ameobi 8

:spit:

I'm not sure if it's already been covered, but who else noticed the horrific grammatical error on the electronic advertising hoardings during the minutes applause for Muamba?

I didn't as i was hurridly supping my bovril before the match started.

Has Muamba died???  Might sound heartless but i don't understand why we had a silence/applause for someone who ain't dead?????

Krul 8

Simpson 7

Wilo 7

Colo 8

Jonas 8

Ben Arfa 7

Guthrie 7

Perch 9

Cabaye 8

Ba 7

Cisse 8

Santon 7

Gosling 7

Ameobi 8

Funny you should say that since I've been sat chatting to 4 or 5 mates on Facebook who were at the game and have no connection to this board.  They'd think you were a fucking fruitloop or a bad WUM.