Newcastle United 2 - 0 Liverpool - 01/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 45

Dave

I'd fancy Santon against Bellamy, he's got the pace.

Don't think it's a pace issue, more a positioning one. We haven't got anyone better than Jonas to come in IMO. Just maybe needs some more help, and will have to ride it out. He's working hard, but he's not a LB. Good at playing the ball out though :thup:

At times we've looked good, but very nervous about gutierrez at LB. Carroll is a lanky, diving bastard and Enrique is a greasy spanish omelette bastard. It'll be heartbreaking if we dont make europe. TOON TOON!

Guest Klizsch

This is the worst Liverpool team Ive seen since I started watching football. Sure they've got a lot of quality, but I cant believe they put up with this. Thought they had like, pride or whatever

jonas looks horrible, willo looks shite and all, the rest have been class,  and cabaye playing to many hollywood balls, keep it simple.

not sure what we can do at left back,  normally i would prefer raylor over jonas and santon anyday, but raylor only just got back from injury so he may be very rusty.

but christ we are going to get killed down that left flank if jonas dont pull his finger out of his arse.  his positioning hasnt been bad but completely non responsive to the runs of liverpool and his pace and reaction has been shocking.

Ben arfa is just a fucking beast, favourite player right now. Cisse has worked his socks off, Perch has been top notch, I just can't fault anyone really - although Jonas is struggling. Hopefully we'll see Santon on to replace him at half time.

Great match so far, have to get that 2nd otherwise it could go pear-shaped!

Haway lads

Can't even imagine this team with Colo + a top CB and a solid RB/LB with Santon. Mouth watering.

Based on those 45 minutes, Perch should partner Colo. More pace/agility, anticipates better, isn't a bumbling fool, and doesn't kick it long every time.

Definitely need another goal or three.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Santon for Guthrie with Jonas pushing to midfield would be my idea.

Guthrie's done very well and his composure and technique has allowed us to keep the ball well. Jonas should come off if the change is deemed necessary.

i think when thats penalty when enrique pulling ben arfa shirt...

He went down a bit too easy, but the commentary here totally ignored the shirt pulling.

It's like they don't even want to bother looking impartial.

Whoever is color commentating this match is clearly pro-Liverpool. When we've got the ball, there's just silence.

Santon for Guthrie with Jonas pushing to midfield would be my idea.

Guthrie's done very well and his composure and technique has allowed us to keep the ball well. Jonas should come off if the change is deemed necessary.

I'm a fan of Guthrie but he'll only fade away in the 2nd half. Jonas will be going strong and fight for every ball till the very last minute. Keep him on.