Swansea City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg 39

Dave

I think some people are underestimating how much energy it takes to defend for that amount of time. It's not a frenetic back-and-forth game, but it's physically and mentally draining when you're constantly following another player around or chasing the ball.

If it wasn't against us I would actually enjoy watching them play

Its not fun when you are down though. Can see it as a type of defending, but that isnt attractive offensive football ffs. 

I'm finding it quite interesting, to be honest. Apart from a few panicky moments, we're countering their system really well. Everyone knows what their job is, and also that when we make a chance, our strike force is more likely to take it than theirs would be. The trick is not to lose our patience.

I think some people are underestimating how much energy it takes to defend for that amount of time. It's not a frenetic back-and-forth game, but it's physically and mentally draining when you're constantly following another player around or chasing the ball.

This, I'm worried about the defence having to maintain the same level of concentration for another 45. Williamson, especially.

I'm happy with how the first half has gone. A game like this is perfect to show how our defence can concentrate for long periods of the game. Only a few seasons ago, our defence would crumble with the sight of a team passing the ball continuously around us. A player would loose their man too easily, or not realise the players around them, in the first half I had complete confidence in what we are doing. Yes we need more of the ball second half, but we can't go chasing after too many loose balls, as we'd loose our whole set up.

Guest andrew

worried about demba.... he just looks short on confidence. :undecided:

I feel bad for him but at the end of the day he's not good enough to go in the middle when we have a much better poacher of goals in cisse. i'd be tempted to give him a rest on monday (he looks knackered) and see him come back fired up for wigan or whoever it is we play after

And fitness.

Total donkey so far today, like. My glass-half-full opinion is he's short of confidence and fitness; my glass-half-empty opinion is that he's wound up about not being down the middle.

Would like to see Shola pretty soon.

We get a lot of the 'this is boring' comments by opposition fans, especially when their team doesn't touch the ball a lot.

Our game is based on patience, keep possession while looking to probe forward, if nothing shows, don't do a hit and hope, keep the ball. That way the oppo don't get that 50/50 ball and attack us, while you don't have the ball you don't score and while your chasing shadows your players tire. Doesn't always work obviously as your one up, but its worked often enough this season for us to be almost safe.

I'm sure all us Swans fans would love to see more going on in the oppo's box, maybe that will happen when  we can just nip out and buy players for 9 million plus. Until then we'll stay patient. Until about 3-4 years ago our record buy was just over 300K and that record had stood since 1981.

Looking at some of your guys comments, it appears your bigger fans of the 'Stoke City' style, if you can call it that.

Rattled. FTM.

We get a lot of the 'this is boring' comments by opposition fans, especially when their team doesn't touch the ball a lot.

Our game is based on patience, keep possession while looking to probe forward, if nothing shows, don't do a hit and hope, keep the ball. That way the oppo don't get that 50/50 ball and attack us, while you don't have the ball you don't score and while your chasing shadows your players tire. Doesn't always work obviously as your one up, but its worked often enough this season for us to be almost safe.

I'm sure all us Swans fans would love to see more going on in the oppo's box, maybe that will happen when  we can just nip out and buy players for 9 million plus. Until then we'll stay patient. Until about 3-4 years ago our record buy was just over 300K and that record had stood since 1981.

Looking at some of your guys comments, it appears your bigger fans of the 'Stoke City' style, if you can call it that.

Rattled. FTM.

:lol:

And fitness.

Total donkey so far today, like. My glass-half-full opinion is he's short of confidence and fitness; my glass-half-empty opinion is that he's wound up about not being down the middle.

He's played most of that first half through the middle tbf.

Sitting in a toilet at Augusta watching it on my iPad. Sound down..

Amazing :lol:

Ant and Dec might still be there ;)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/the-masters-2012-lee-westwood-teams-782010

Met them and Shearer last night at a party here. Signing out to watch the second half. Will get put on a plane home if I get caught in here and even my typing sounds loud!!

And fitness.

He's played most of that first half through the middle tbf.

Point remains.