Swansea City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg 39

Dave

Tbf to Swansea, although a lot of the passes aren't in dangerous areas it's still difficult to keep it like they do.

Agreed, and it's not as if they have a big budget to go out and buy more cutting edge, they have to make do with what they have and it has been succesful for them over the season. They are proving that just because you don't have a big budget  doesn't mean you can't play good football, in fact they have been succesful because of it.

Guest bimpy474

Anyone else find Swansea as boring as feck, it was like watching Racistpool play some Bulgarians in Europe in the 70's, fantastic ball retension granted.

Anyone else find Swansea as boring as feck, it was like watching Racistpool play some Bulgarians in Europe in the 70's, fantastic ball retension granted.

Yep, I appreciate good passing football but not just passing for the sake of it without any aim. Both times I've seen them they've bored me.

Guest bimpy474

Yep, I appreciate good passing football but not just passing for the sake of it without any aim. Both times I've seen them they've bored me.

Aye its good passing but its not going to hurt anyone.....its just not done with attacking menace or at pace.

Guest MrSundlofer

We had problems taking the ball away from them, but when we did we scored 2 goals. When they had the ball, we had to defend. What did they expect? Us to stay up with five players at the center circle?

We had problems taking the ball away from them, but when we did we scored 2 goals. When they had the ball, we had to defend. What did they expect? Us to stay up with five players at the center circle?

thought he would have brought gosling on at half time (tactically without tiote going off injured). surprised when raylor came on in that position.

Guest bimpy474

thought he would have brought gosling on at half time (tactically without tiote going off injured). surprised when raylor came on in that position.

Apart from giving it away stupidly once, Raylor did well i thought.

Krul 7 - only tested from long range and dealt with everything well

Simpson 7 - coming into some form, thankfully

Williamson 7 - ditto Simpson, looked good again today. Was impressed, thought he was unlucky with the booking too

Perch 8 - some great tackles as ever and good with possession

Santon 8 - one of his best games imo. Excellent defensively

Tiote 6.5 - Allen got past him a bit easily for my liking. Did okay

Cabaye 8 - two exquisite passes for the goals, otherwise did alright

Gutierrez 6 - won freekicks that helped to stem the flow but otherwise looked a bit lost in the centre at times

Ba 6 - good graft as ever but he looks a bit short on confidence and absolutely shagged. Could do with a rest ideally

Ben Arfa 6.5 - didn't get the ball enough but showed some nice touches and did well in glimpses

Cisse 9 - fantastic in attack and defence. Matchwinner (and for me, betwinner!)

R.Taylor 6.5 - one daft clearance aside he did fine, thought it was odd him sitting in the middle but it worked

Ferguson 6 - nullified Rangel on the right flank quite nicely. Finished off the work Ba was doing

Gosling 6 - slotted in fine, one particularly impressive run down the flank

Fantastic result.

Got to say the first half was a bit frustrating - after we got the first goal, Swansea proceeded to outpass us in an efficient way (80% possession ffs :lol:) which led to us chasing the ball quite a bit. Another problem was that we couldn't hold onto possession (we gave the ball away so many times)! But ultimately in the end, Swansea just couldn't get a breakthrough - Sigurdsson's shot was the only real chance they had of scoring really.

We were certainly better in the second half despite Swansea's good/urgent start. The main improvement from us in the second 45' was that we were better in keeping the ball and we defended quite well. What became increasingly evident though was the lack of bite from Swansea - it really cost them, they had all that possession yet they couldn't really make it count.

As soon as Cissé got the second goal (and what a lovely goal that was), we became very comfortable and all we had to do was see out the game which we did. All in all, I'm very happy with today and getting a win at the Liberty Stadium (a place where they have a decent record at) is a great achievement. Well done to the players and Pardew :)