The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

Are Ch5 never going to show Europa League games again or something? :lol:

With that end montage, doesn't look like they have the rights for next season...

ITV snatches Europa League from Channel 5

ITV has signed a deal to be the lead UK broadcaster of Uefa Europa League games in a three-year deal that will see the end of Channel 5's coverage of the competition.

The UK's largest advertiser-funded broadcaster has struck a deal to air the first- and second-pick Europa League games for the 2012/13 to 2014/15 seasons, with ESPN picking up the rights to the remainder of the matches.

When the new deal begins next year it will mark the end of Channel 5's association with Uefa Europa league, after an exclusive deal to air first-pick games and the final that it struck in 2008.

ITV will show most of the matches on ITV4 and ITV.com, although if UK teams make it to the quarter finals and beyond some matches will be aired on ITV1.

The broadcaster, which will also air a highlights show, has a longstanding relationship with Uefa including the rights to Champion's League football until 2015.

ESPN will show at least one live Europa League match each match week as well as a highlights package.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/oct/17/itv-uefa-europa-league

ITV snatches Europa League from Channel 5

ITV has signed a deal to be the lead UK broadcaster of Uefa Europa League games in a three-year deal that will see the end of Channel 5's coverage of the competition.

The UK's largest advertiser-funded broadcaster has struck a deal to air the first- and second-pick Europa League games for the 2012/13 to 2014/15 seasons, with ESPN picking up the rights to the remainder of the matches.

When the new deal begins next year it will mark the end of Channel 5's association with Uefa Europa league, after an exclusive deal to air first-pick games and the final that it struck in 2008.

ITV will show most of the matches on ITV4 and ITV.com, although if UK teams make it to the quarter finals and beyond some matches will be aired on ITV1.

The broadcaster, which will also air a highlights show, has a longstanding relationship with Uefa including the rights to Champion's League football until 2015.

ESPN will show at least one live Europa League match each match week as well as a highlights package.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/oct/17/itv-uefa-europa-league

I'm kinda sad about this. :lol:  Stan is gonna get back to depression again. :(

ITV are shite but i reckon they'd do a better job than CH5 did of that final.

Studio presenters were awful and the whole things was cheap. I know a lot of viewers don't value the Europa but it's a huge comp and the final is a seriously big game.

ITV better do us proud when we get knocked out by FC Shithole in the qualifiers.

fyp

5 were always going to lose out when the likes of Man City and Man Utd dropped into it this year. Other broadcasters won't take the risk of the bigger clubs dropping into it and them not being shown on their channel.

With Liverpool, and possibly Chelsea in it next year then their will be even more interest in it.

I'm glad Sky didn't get their grubby mitts on it though.

VI what is the story behind Bilbao's colours?  Heard different stories.

There are lots, to be frank. The one most common over here is that they sent a man to London to buy Blackburn Rovers shirts (the colors they used until then) but didn't find enough of them for the whole team. He went to Southampton to take a ship back to Bilbao and bought Southampton shirts instead, since they had them in sufficient numbers.

I had Atlético winning this, since they have been finding their form lately while Athletic have found the season too long. Still, wasn't expecting such a comfortable win. Falcao, indeed, has been magnificent for  Atlético this season. Him and Adrián have carried them, really.

Pity about Athletic, would be a bit of a heartbreaker now if they also lost the Copa final now.

Pleased about all the colchoneros taking the p*ss of Real Madrid because of their European trophy tally these past years.

Wait, why is Toquero playing? :lol:

Because the Atletico defence can't see him.

Been thinking about this for a while and I still don't get it :lol: if it's a Cena reference you are stretching it quite a bit

Guest Craig-NUFC

Toquero is a well known John Cena fan, he does the "You can't see me" hand gesture as goal celebration.

http://www.blogseitb.com/tododeportes/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/toquero.jpg

Looks shit scared that his arm is going to fall off

Toquero is a well known John Cena fan, he does the "You can't see me" hand gesture as goal celebration.

http://www.blogseitb.com/tododeportes/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/toquero.jpg

Looks shit scared that his arm is going to fall off

He'd just scored an own goal.

Would explain why I haven't seen it much :lol: (he scored in the last round I'm sure, but I missed the goal so f*** off)

He scores about once every glacial age, so yeah, it's easy to miss.