Newcastle United 3 - 0 Stoke - 21/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

Guest Roger Kint

Nice of Stoke to take Krul's back spasms into consideration btw. :lol:

Was thinking that late on in the game, struggled to think of any point he even had to bend over let alone dive :lol:

I think that's the first time in the Premiership this season that I've felt we've really outclassed the opposition.

The players seem to believe in the system, and Ben Arfa and Cabaye look better with every game. The great thing is that the team is still improving and there's clear scope for further improvement through strengthening our weaker positions in the summer.

Typically small-minded response from Pulis I thought. His team were a poor second.

Just watched MotD. Cabaye was simply imperious today and some of the football was magnificent. Quick passing/interchange, movement, pace - brilliant. I wasn't sure about how it would go when we switched from 442, but it's been remarkable. The players particularly in midfield and up top are so fluid that it's terrific to watch. As good football as I've seen since the CL days of SBR.

And of course Big Al looked really happy and smug on MotD. :cool:

Just watched MotD. Cabaye was simply imperious today and some of the football was magnificent. Quick passing/interchange, movement, pace - brilliant. I wasn't sure about how it would go when we switched from 442, but it's been remarkable. The players particularly in midfield and up top are so fluid that it's terrific to watch. As good football as I've seen since the CL days of SBR.

And of course Big Al looked really happy and smug on MotD. :cool:

I reckon he's hurting so much that he couldn't have been part of something like that post-Bobby.

Shearer probably knows there's no way he'd have gotten us to 4th in the league after 34 games so he'll just be enjoying what's happening now I'd imagine. Don't forget he'd never heard of Ben Arfa ffs, what chance of an egomaniac like him sanctioning transfers for players as lowly as Cabaye, Cisse or Tiote? Instead we'd have been spunking millions on British crap and scrapping round in 16th.

Shearer probably knows there's no way he'd have gotten us to 4th in the league after 34 games so he'll just be enjoying what's happening now I'd imagine. Don't forget he'd never heard of Ben Arfa ffs, what chance of an egomaniac like him sanctioning transfers for players as lowly as Cabaye, Cisse or Tiote? Instead we'd have been spunking millions on British crap and scrapping round in 16th.

What a strange rant. :lol:

I think that's the first time in the Premiership this season that I've felt we've really outclassed the opposition.

The players seem to believe in the system, and Ben Arfa and Cabaye look better with every game. The great thing is that the team is still improving and there's clear scope for further improvement through strengthening our weaker positions in the summer.

Typically small-minded response from Pulis I thought. His team were a poor second.

Whole post, EXACTLY what I thought :)

EXACTLY what I thought

Just seen Pulis' post-match comments :lol: f*** sake, he just can't give the opposition credit, can he? Think I've found a team I want to see relegated next season.

If Villa stay up its Villa, Stoke and some random team for me next year..... but quite frankly its Stoke every year tbh....

I hate the fact that Pulis know's he's a c*nt, continues to act like one, insists on his team and players to act and play like c*nts etc etc.....

What they try to do is more rugby than football, they dont even deserve to be in the football league matter about premier league.....

I despise them, the mere fact they defend thier style as if they play some decent stuff really pisses me off too.

Glad we absolutely battered them, although was a little disappointed we could'nt add an extra 2 or 3 to pound them into the ground where they belong.

3 will do though, we can always smash them 7 or 8-0 next year to make up for it, preferably send them down in the process too.

He's right to be fair, they were poor goals. I long for the day when one of our players just lobs the ball into a crowded penalty area, whilst another obstructs the goalie, and it somehow bobbles in. Those are the sorts of goals that really take skill. None of this intricate, defence-splitting passing with tidy finishing nonsense.

Guest Tyson

Just seen Pulis' post-match comments :lol: f*** sake, he just can't give the opposition credit, can he? Think I've found a team I want to see relegated next season.

If Villa stay up its Villa, Stoke and some random team for me next year..... but quite frankly its Stoke every year tbh....

I hate the fact that Pulis know's he's a c*nt, continues to act like one, insists on his team and players to act and play like c*nts etc etc.....

What they try to do is more rugby than football, they dont even deserve to be in the football league matter about premier league.....

I despise them, the mere fact they defend thier style as if they play some decent stuff really pisses me off too.

Glad we absolutely battered them, although was a little disappointed we could'nt add an extra 2 or 3 to pound them into the ground where they belong.

3 will do though, we can always smash them 7 or 8-0 next year to make up for it, preferably send them down in the process too.

Can't really disagree with much there, but even so there's a difference between good rugby (where a coach will install some balance into the team's attack ie. field position game/playing for line-outs and stoppages  & maintaining possession prior to unleashing the backs) and bad rugby. Restrictive rugby would be a better definition of bad rugby, and of a team that solely relies on & adheres to a spoiling orientated game.

It's quite clear that Pulis is a maverick thinker. For better or worse though, it's pretty bloody obvious.

Great result today, as they did to Man City, Stoke's unorthodox rugby style football ( restrictive as it is) was a real roadblock to the team's late season goal (even though it has been publicly talked down by Pards).

Defining result, made all the better when ball-playing footballers (with Pards not compromising the structure, and it's recent effectiveness, of the midfield & attack, to solely deal with Stoke) overcome a spoiling game so comprehensively. Great to send Reverend Pulis, and his anti-football pupils, back home with their tails between their legs. A win for football today, seeing footballers putting the result against that lot beyond doubt - early, in ruthless & clinical fashion too.

just watched the full game again this morning.

The most pleasing aspect, aside from the fluidity in attacking, is the way in which we press the team. Its not blind pressing (akin to a fa cup tie) its measured intelligent pressing, sometimes 1v1 other times in packs, only using energy when required. Its something only the top sides in the league can do with such intelligence as lesser teams (who do not do it intelligently run out of team as they can only keep the pressing for maybe 70 minutes)

Jonas and Tiote were communicating yesterday on this to make sure there was always someone protecting the back four but we made it difficult for stoke to get into positions where they could get in a good delivery.

Delighted!

Ok, now lets just take a moment to consider those that are no longer with us, who moved to better their careers elsewhere.

*bows head reverentially

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA FUCKING HA

just watched the full game again this morning.

The most pleasing aspect, aside from the fluidity in attacking, is the way in which we press the team. Its not blind pressing (akin to a fa cup tie) its measured intelligent pressing, sometimes 1v1 other times in packs, only using energy when required. Its something only the top sides in the league can do with such intelligence as lesser teams (who do not do it intelligently run out of team as they can only keep the pressing for maybe 70 minutes)

Jonas and Tiote were communicating yesterday on this to make sure there was always someone protecting the back four but we made it difficult for stoke to get into positions where they could get in a good delivery.

Delighted!

Great point, and also interesting how they save energy by reorganising positions. Ba closed down yesterday and ended up on the right, so he just had a word with HBA and he moved into the middle. The midfield three did the same.