Newcastle United 3 - 0 Stoke - 21/04/12 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

Guest firetotheworks

Krul 6 nothing to do.

Simpson 7 solid.

Williamson 7 solid

Coloccini 8 extra solid.

Santon 8 NUFC career defining performance, amazing.

Jonas 6 quiet, but sound.

Tiote 7.5 typical Tiote performance, minus the yellow card. Very good.

Cabaye 9.5 Outstanding, absolutely ran the match. A goal, an assist and a part of everything brilliant that we did.

Ben Arfa 8 quiet on his own scale, but brilliant in the usual way and defensively excellent throughout.

Cisse 8 Awesome as part of a quite frankly MINT front 3. He scored, of course.

Ba 8 Desperate for him to score, but aside from goals, every other part of his game was class. It'll happen, but if it doesn't he's still mint.

I would give Jonas more than a six. I thought he was excellent again.

Once again asked to play out of position. Put a full shift in going forward and defending.

He did all the harrying grafting, water-carrying stuff. Made himself available to receive the ball for every tricky situation.

Sad that people under-estimate the effort this guy puts in for the team as a whole.

Brilliant, the football for our 2nd was fkn wanktastic :fwap:

Feel for Ba would just hot go in for him, mind he should have headed that chance he had straight away in the 2nd half. Tiote's passing was off today, he did bang a few great long balls BUT that shot oh that shot what a cracking save to deny him, the roof would have came off if that had gone in.

I would Jonas more than a six. I thought he was excellent again.

Once again asked to play out of position. Put a full shift in going forward and defending.

He did all the harrying grafting, water-carrying stuff.

Sad that people under-estimate the effort this guy puts in for the team as a whole.

Yep, I'm with you there. As ever, he worked extremely hard and very rarely lost the ball. Wins so many free-kicks as well. An integral part of the team.

Krul - 7 - meh

Simpson - 7 - did 'reet, kept Etherington/whoever quiet

Coloccini - 8 - standard assured, should have scored

Williamson - 8 - unstandard assured

Santon - 8 - good going forward and kept whoever quiet

Jonas - 7 - industrious and kept it ticking over nicely

Tiote - 8.5 - monstrous and gave the attacking players the platform to build, unlucky not too score

Cabaye - 9.5 - superb, best I've seen from him. MOM

Ben Arfa - 8 - was taking the piss at times.

Cisse - 8.5 - great goal and all round performance

Ba - 8 - had everything bar the goal, great to see the fans getting behind him though

Perch the pick of the subs and good lord Stoke are shite, no surprise but their place is so uninventive it's untrue.

Former Newcastle striker Alan Shearer on 5 live: "Tremendous credit to Alan Pardew, it's not as if Newcastle have been digging results out they're putting in very good performances. I wouldn't say Chelsea are gone but when you look at the fixtures they could have you would have to say the form team are Newcastle.

"Tottenham and Arsenal are not on a great run. I really hope Newcastle can finish it off in style because their performances deserve it."

Some of their fans seem pretty canny to be fair.

OK we were never going to win that one - we carry no goal threat whatsoever - but Newcastle are a class act. They are better than we are in every aspect of the game. They have unearthed several top class performers this season. Don't know how far they have been lucky with their signings but give them credit, we were beaten by a much better team.

The inevitable success of craftsmen with flair and class over the belaboured efforts of pedestrian journeymen.

Flair and class :aww:

That was mint. Tiote, Ben Arfa, Santon, Cabaye all great.

On a disappointing side note I couldn't hold my tongue any longer with the racist who sits behind us, I pointed out that he shouldn't be going on like that and we were treated to 20 minutes of threats of violence and then a confrontation at the end of the game. Sigh.

On a disappointing side note I couldn't hold my tongue any longer with the racist who sits behind us, I pointed out that he shouldn't be going on like that and we were treated to 20 minutes of threats of violence and then a confrontation at the end of the game. Sigh.

Let the club know mate, no place for that at all

I fear it might just make life harder for us to be honest, as much as I'd like to.

Agreed, I'd take it as my civic duty to alert a steward.