Wigan vs Newcastle United - 28/04/12 @ 3pm

MW

Wigan v Newcastle

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

Wigan lost their easiest game in three weeks at Fulham with a last-minute goal and that dropped point could be massive. Did they get lackadaisical after beating Man Utd and Arsenal? The pressure's on both teams because Newcastle will be devastated if they don't get in the top four now. There was no pressure on them for most of the season, but they'll be gutted if they miss out on the Champions League - and rightly so. It's a hard game to call so I'll say a draw - which helps Wigan, but not Newcastle.

:booze:

Guest VaVaVoom

Wigan v Newcastle

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

Wigan lost their easiest game in three weeks at Fulham with a last-minute goal and that dropped point could be massive. Did they get lackadaisical after beating Man Utd and Arsenal? The pressure's on both teams because Newcastle will be devastated if they don't get in the top four now. There was no pressure on them for most of the season, but they'll be gutted if they miss out on the Champions League - and rightly so. It's a hard game to call so I'll say a draw - which helps Wigan, but not Newcastle.

:booze:

I dont think a point helps Wigan like.

I see thmora as maybe starting off nervy from both sides but if we can nick an early goal we can settle down and control the game. Ater all our fate is in our own hands and its these types of games, like against Stoke, where the top sides show their strength.

A win thmora is huge regardless of other results. Continue the momentum and put pressure on the other teams around us.

Our attack will be too strong for Wigan tomorrow.  Be it counter attacking against possession or playing with possession and territory.  Ben Arfa will make or score again.  Can I place a bet on that?

Don't think a draw is necessarily a disaster for us here, can see all 3 of our rivals dropping points this weekend too.

Key thing for us will be not losing at Chelsea....

you reckon, i think we'll win as will spurs and chelsea. not so sure about arsenal.

Don't think a draw is necessarily a disaster for us here, can see all 3 of our rivals dropping points this weekend too.

Can't see Chelsea failing to beat QPR at home.

Guest VaVaVoom

Our attack will be too strong for Wigan tomorrow.  Be it counter attacking against possession or playing with possession and territory.  Ben Arfa will make or score again.  Can I place a bet on that?

Totally agree. Our "front four" supported by the graft of Jonas and Tiote will by far and away control and destroy any threat they may have. If Colo can help Williamson maintain his good form thmora i can honestly see us battering them. Making a statement to the teams around us if you like.

A draw is ONLY good IF other teams around us drop points though. Why settle for a point?

3 really boosts our chances of not only finishing 4th but really having a go at 3rd!

For all i think results CAN go our way i wouldnt say i was confident of it. Stoke have nowt to play for, Arsenal do. Spurs have had a wobble but its this kind of game where they could react and although Blackburn we give them a fight, if Spurs turn up they could get battered. Same with Chelsea too, they have found some form and will be buzzing about getting to the CL final, QPR have been decent at home but poor away of late, a win for them would certainly take them closer to "safety" but like the other games, although theres a chance, i still think the top teams will come out on top. Fingers crossed though.

The Chelsea game changes if we win thmora and results go our way, i mean we could be 4,5 or 7 ahead of them, pressure off us and on them. A point there would be game over for them finishing in the top 4 imo.

I honestly think Chelsea will be fucking shattered from that semi-final, and if QPR can manage to not concede in the first 15-20 they might be in for a frustrating afternoon. Plus, it's a London derby, form goes out the window etc apparently.

Guest VaVaVoom

I would take a 90th minute Chelsea winner after a very grueling match if im honest. Means they'd be done in for Wednesday.

The Chelsea win being the worst case scenario, with the hard work being important.

I'd rather a gruelling 0-0 draw to be honest. :lol:

I would take a 90th minute Chelsea winner after a very grueling match if im honest. Means they'd be done in for Wednesday.

The Chelsea win being the worst case scenario, with the hard work being important.

I'd rather a gruelling 0-0 draw to be honest. :lol:

Ha ofcourse. I mean't if QPR pick up points then brilliant. However, provided Chelsea have a hard game and we pick up 3 points at Wigan, a Chelsea win wouldnt be the end of the world and id be happy going into Wednesdays game.

Away to Liv is where they are likely to drop points imo.

And to us!

And to us!

I'd take a 0-0 at Stamford Bridge now. :)

And to us!

I'd take a 0-0 at Stamford Bridge now. :)

Yep me too, as iam convinced they will drop points in thier other 3 games providing we beat Wigan and Everton a draw against Chelsea pretty much pushes them out of the picture.

The only ones left if we manage it would be a Spurs team that a pretty much ready to press the self destruct button if they havent already.

Come away from Chelsea with a draw or a win and we get 4th imo, providing ofcourse we win tomorrow.

So everyone agrees the team will be as follows;

Krul

Simpson    Williamson    Coloccini    Santon

Tiote            Jonas

HBA                Cabaye                Ba

Cisse

Subs: Elliot, Perch, R.Taylor, Guthrie/Gosling, Best, Ferguson, Ameobi

Best thing about being the shit is that we're on TV every week in the States now.

Was like that in 2004.

:lol: Before my time. I'm starting to just expect us to be on TV now.