Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 02/05/12 @ 7.45pm - pre-match thread

Dave

Team v #NUFC (4-2-3-1): Cech, Bos, Ivanovic, JT ©, Bertrand; Mikel, Meir; Ram, Malouda, Sturridge; Torres. (SL)

#CFC subs: Turnbull, Cole, Essien, Lampard, Mata, Kalou, Drogba. (SL)

i've never heard of half of them and also boiling my pisss seeing terry referred to as simply JT

:lol:

What?

Due to the abbreviations obviously.

Let you off then. :razz:

Guest BooBoo

Their starting 11 is shite, don't see any reason we can't tear them a new one

Steady now.

Cole, Essian, Lampard, Mata and the Drog all on the bench makes me hopefull. Reminds of a very cold, very snowy night at SJP where a certain Jose Mourinho used all his 3 subs at half time.....

Few journo's seem to think Ba may be dropped.

Ridiculous, we don't have a capable replacement.

A capable replacement for a  player who can't run?

Best would be a better option right now. Ba is obviously the better player but he's a spent force this campaign.

Would he f***.

We'll see. I'd rather a player who can at least run and trap the ball occasionally. Haven't seen much of it from Demba in the last few games and we can't afford a luxury at Stamford Bridge.

Obviously I hope you're right. Prove me wrong, Demba.

Few journo's seem to think Ba may be dropped.

Ridiculous, we don't have a capable replacement.

A capable replacement for a  player who can't run?

Best would be a better option right now. Ba is obviously the better player but he's a spent force this campaign.

Would he f***.

We'll see. I'd rather a player who can at least run and trap the ball occasionally. Haven't seen much of it from Demba in the last few games and we can't afford a luxury at Stamford Bridge.

Obviously I hope you're right. Prove me wrong, Demba.

If we're looking to play the 3 up tonight I'd still rather persist with Ba as Best doesn't have the movement or intelligence to play that role. Really like the lad in a 4-4-2, just not this formation.

Cole, Essian, Lampard, Mata and the Drog all on the bench makes me hopefull. Reminds of a very cold, very snowy night at SJP where a certain Jose Mourinho used all his 3 subs at half time.....

Possibly the best match experience I've had live at SJP.