Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest Phil K

We just need to quickly get points on the board. Get to 41 points and then think about style of play, who's in who's out or whatever.

Safety is everything due to appalling defeats due to even more appalling defending and (what I find incredible) lack of fitness

Lets not expect too much of Debuchy too soon.

He also said that their left back is terrific, 18 years old and reckoned is already as good as Evra was at his best.

Lucas Digne? Having a decent season so far, but is still a little raw. Has shone in a Lille team that has been crap for the most of the season.

We just need to quickly get points on the board. Get to 41 points and then think about style of play, who's in who's out or whatever.

Safety is everything due to appalling defeats due to even more appalling defending and (what I find incredible) lack of fitness

Lets not expect too much of Debuchy too soon.

Aye agree but i do think attacking teams is the best way of getting points at the moment tbh.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think far from a deal is the most negative thing he could say!

Thanks AP!

Way to raise the spirits

Guest Eggenberger

Pardew is clearly being kept out of the loop, blatantly obvious to me that he has very little to do with in or outgoings. 

So I wouldnt make too much out of what he is saying tbh.

Pardew is clearly being kept out of the loop, blatantly obvious to me that he has very little to do with in or outgoings. 

Surely at most clubs the manager isn't involved in sorting out medicals and contracts. As a publicly listed company there are a limited number of people who can legally bind the club into a contract, there would be lawyers involved and medical professionals. It sounds like Pardew asked the board to bring Debuchy in and the board is acting to achieve that. They have reached an agreement with Lille over the fee but there's still a long process left. Surely that's normal?

We ain't a plc though

Regardless of the corporate structure there are still certain people who are capable of legally binding a company. What form our legal personality our club holds is irrelevant. What I was saying is that the club has a separate legal personality to the owner and the people who can bind the club into contracts is denoted by corporate governance/structure where managers can't legally be involved.

Kept out of the loop  :lol:

Surely its clear that Pardew and Carr agree targets and then Ashley and co do the buying and contract negotiations. Why would the manager have to be involved in the contractual and legal side? Im sure he has a say but he doesnt have to be at the table for the entire process.

Kept out of the loop  :lol:

Surely its clear that Pardew and Carr agree targets and then Ashley and co do the buying and contract negotiations. Why would the manager have to be involved in the contractual and legal side? Im sure he has a say but he doesnt have to be at the table for the entire process.

Correct.