Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

I imagine he speaks to Pardew and sees the club first. You have to want  to join the club before entering contract negotiations. I imagine our legal team and the players agent has already have figures of what they want to agree on, some negotiations take place to get the deal amicable for both sides. I expect once a deal is suitable the agent puts that to the player and assuming his agent is doing hia job well he would put a deal he would a favour to him. I doubt Pardew or the player are even at the main core negotiations as thats what a player agent and club legal team is for.

If a fee has been agreed then you'd have to hope personal terms are a formality

By all accounts it was all pretty much agreed in the summer. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we're trying to get him on lower wages now though.

It'll go through though, not worried at all.

But, but, but.. On football manager its the manager that sorts the contracts out...

I think it was Iano Holloway that said he played FM and its nothing like what a managing a football club is really like.

:lol:

Im sure different managers and clubs have different levels of control.

Just to clarify, all of the local press have gone with "“Hopefully, we can do it in the first week". Sky Sports are the only ones who have for with it being far from done.

The french media seem to think its basically done too, definitely further along than it ever got in the summer.

Just to clarify, all of the local press have gone with "“Hopefully, we can do it in the first week". Sky Sports are the only ones who have for with it being far from done.

It's a direct quote as reported by the Press Association, not Sky.