Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Showing what an outstanding RB he is and why Lille held out so long for a decent fee.

We should have paid it and maybe we wouldn't have been so poor last season...

Certainly a contender for the best RB in the PL at the moment and the best all round RB we have had since, probably, Irving Nattrass in the 70s. Yes, we had Venison, Barton etc under KK but this boy has more to his all round game than either of them..unlucky not to have a few goals by now and its only a matter of time.His defensive work has been superb during the past few games and he looks twice the player he did in his early days at the club.

From an attacking perspective he's exactly the type of RB you need if you're going to compress the play as we did today. Not a great defender but he's absolutely spot on as an forward-thinking RB. Such a massive improvement on what we had last season.

I was watching the QPR defeat yesterday and I'm so glad we moved Simpson on and brought in Debuchy.

Simpson charges from the back with the ball, panics, doesn't know what to do, and passes backwards. Debuchy is just the polar opposite, so comfortable going forward.

I was watching the QPR defeat yesterday and I'm so glad we moved Simpson on and brought in Debuchy.

Simpson charges from the back with the ball, panics, doesn't know what to do, and passes backwards. Debuchy is just the polar opposite, so comfortable going forward.

I thought the exact same as I watched the match, the difference between them on the ball is gigantic BUT also defensively, Simpson was very panicky, he gave the impression he didn't get beat often though that was due to the huge distance he would back off

I miss Simpsons floaty crosses from just inside the opposition half :(

He was loving those as well last season. I thought Simpson had passed on a tip for him and told him we love giving opposition keepers catching practice.

Thankfully this season he's getting a lot more pace and whip on his crosses, much better. His positional sense has come on leaps and bounds defensively too, got caught out too much last season and his lack of early pace was exposed for it.

Great to see a top right back at the club, i've never seen one in the last 10 year. Although I did like Beye, he’s done shit all since he left.

Guest Haris Vuckic

From an attacking perspective he's exactly the type of RB you need if you're going to compress the play as we did today. Not a great defender but he's absolutely spot on as an forward-thinking RB. Such a massive improvement on what we had last season.

:idiot2:

:idiot2:

Defensively he's average tbh.

He's a kind of all or nothing defender, can do the spectacular stuff fine but going to be prone to leaving huge gaps behind and getting cards. Having said that with Sissoko with him we're forcing teams to defend a lot and with Cabs and Tiote covering the whole ground not really giving too much space to counter. Still prone to the occaisional team causing panic running at the defense.