Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

We need to forget Debuchy & move on to other targets.  We aren't offering what the player is worth & we can't expect teams to hand over their players for peanuts just because they want to leave.  We've been quite cuntish about this whole transfer imo.

Bullshit imo.

Look for other targets is pointless, we aren't going to find one who's better than Simpson for less than the price Lille want for Debuchy.

He's very good, he wants to come and the price is reasonable.

What's the problem.

Van Der Weil was linked for 5 million the other day.

Guest BooBoo

Lille are clearly still sore about losing Cabaye to us for peanuts. Not surprising that they're squeezing us on this deal.

Really can't understand people saying we should forget Debuchy. He wants to come, we've agreed terms with him, and we're at most £1.5m from getting a bid accepted. Lille are asking for a very fair amount. We should pay up, and get our player. He'd be our best right back for ages.

Can't fault Lille at all here. We're taking the piss with that offer and expecting Lille to cave beause the player wants to come here.

If Tiote came out and said he wanted to join Man United and they offered 8m or so I'd expect Ashley to do the exact same.

Other than your comparison being way off I agree (come on £8m offer for Tiote is hardly comparable to offering nearly £5m for Debuchy).  IF this is our final offer I won't be a very happy boy :rant:

But we'll see.

Lille are clearly still sore about losing Cabaye to us for peanuts. Not surprising that they're squeezing us on this deal.

exactly, plus the fact they don't want rid and don't have to sell

still think we'll get him like #optimism

Really can't understand people saying we should forget Debuchy. He wants to come, we've agreed terms with him, and we're at most £1.5m from getting a bid accepted. Lille are asking for a very fair amount. We should pay up, and get our player. He'd be our best right back for ages.

We have shown so many times that we will not pay a penny above what we value a player at. If Lille don't back down, we won't sign him.

Guess a lot depends on who our backup target is - if there's a player of similar standard available they know they can get for this amount then you can understand the reluctance to offer more.

We need to forget Debuchy & move on to other targets.  We aren't offering what the player is worth & we can't expect teams to hand over their players for peanuts just because they want to leave.  We've been quite cuntish about this whole transfer imo.

Bullshit imo.

Look for other targets is pointless, we aren't going to find one who's better than Simpson for less than the price Lille want for Debuchy.

He's very good, he wants to come and the price is reasonable.

What's the problem.

The problem clearly is we won't offer what Lille consider to be a reasonable offer.  I'm not convinced Ashley/Llambias are really being realistic about most of their offers, it was always going to be rejected imo.

Can't fault Lille at all here. We're taking the p*ss with that offer and expecting Lille to cave beause the player wants to come here.

If Tiote came out and said he wanted to join Man United and they offered 8m or so I'd expect Ashley to do the exact same.

Eh. what has the club done wrong, Lille are changing the goalposts.

We eventually bid the 6m Euro's they want, they then want 8m Euro's.

did they originally want 6mill euros ?

6m pounds, 8m euros I thought.

I believe we've offered euro's not pounds judging by the thread title...

The only problem with our current transfer policy is that we put a lot of faith in the other side being willing/needing to sell. Lille don't want or need to sell Debuchy, so we're not going to pull off a huge coup.

Similar happened last summer with Maiga. We fucked on for ages expecting them to role over and come the last day of the transfer window we realised they weren't playing ball we started throwing silly bids in for people like Ruiz.

Just more hardball. They will sell, we will just have to pay a little more.  7m euros will do it, wish we would cut the shit a pay it tbh.

If we'd offered 7m Euro's first time around they'd probably be holding out for 10m right now.  It seems like our low ball offers have brought the price down if the French press are to be believed, it is frustrating though.

:(  This is frustrating.

I don't mind a bit of hardball on trying to tie up a deal but this is dragging on far to long now.

Only people that win here are Lille if it doesn't go through.

Clearly MD is our Number One target for RB so we need to either:

a) Pony up the money

b) Leave it there and try and tie up another quality RB sharpish.

Season is rapidly approaching and I would have like to have had everybody through the door by now (just to get used to everybody, set up etc)

If this turns into an 11th hour thing it's going to take him awhile to get up to speed.

Also, no major news on a CB or Striker either. :undecided:

Bummer

Need a plan B. We've tried, we've tied up a lot of energy in pursing him but its not happening. If he doesn't throw in a transfer request to sweeten the deal from his end for Lille after this latest rejection we've got to move on for the sake of ourselves. Ashley isn't (well probably) going to pay what Lille wants so two stubborn forces pulling in opposite directions with neither willing to back down. Time to move on, 'wipe our nose' as Pardew puts it.

Well they aren't actually moving in opposite directions, they're actually very slowly moving in the same direction.  Its just weather one or both of them stop before they meet in the middle.

Its hardly a coincidence that offers for Douglas, Debuchy and De Jong have all been described as derisory at one time or another.

Teams have pegged on to what we're trying to do, I.e, bring in quality players on the cheap and therefore to avoid being made a mug of are raising the price.... only in this instance the price they were holding out for was allegedly only about a million more, why not just pay the fucker, bring in a quality fullback and get 2-3 million for Simpson to make up for any extra paid.

I simply can't understand this, there's playing hardball and then there's just being plain naive and stupid.

Theres no way we can get a RB as good as Debuchy for under the 8 million euros they apparently want, therefore we will end up with Simpson IMO. And hes fucking shit, don't care what any opta stat's or fanboys say.