Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest Realist

Ignacio Gonzalez, Xisco, Lamine Diatta, Fabrice Pancrate, Zurab Khizanishvili, Marlon Harewood, Shefki Kuqi.

All panic signings made on deadline day or after as a result of leaving the squad short, and all made under Ashley.

Are we dreadfully short at RB?  Honest question.  Simpson hasn't been sold yet. 

Debuchy would be an improvement, no question.  But we also have another year before Simpson goes (most likely) and we have a number of players who can fill in there. I expect they realize this and so aren't going crazy throwing cash at lille trying to force this through immediately.

Guest Realist

Seems like Lille's prez is doing a little macho swaggering.

Seems to have little to do with the deal, more a case of "Look how hard I am, they can kiss my arse"

Or maybe we're being annoying twats.

Never take sides against the family, Fredo.

Ignacio Gonzalez, Xisco, Lamine Diatta, Fabrice Pancrate, Zurab Khizanishvili, Marlon Harewood, Shefki Kuqi.

All panic signings made on deadline day or after as a result of leaving the squad short, and all made under Ashley.

Debuchy would be an improvement, no question.  But we also have another year before Simpson goes (most likely) and we have a number of players who can fill in there. I expect they realize this and so aren't going crazy throwing cash at lille trying to force this through immediately.

6.2m is'nt crazy cash though, it's not like Lille are asking for 10m or more.

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet but Debuchy refused to train this morning.

Good lad.

It is a luxury signing. We have enough to cope without Debuchy, which is the basis of our lax attitude to signing him and playing the waiting game to get him cheaper, imo. Simpson "might" be sold if/when Debuchy comes in but Pardew had mentioned keeping Simpson either way.

Can't really compare us to Chelsea as they spend like it's going out of fashion. Arsenal and Tottenham are in more perilous situations than ourselves due to impending departures of RVP and Modric respectively, hence their acquisitions so (whom I would be less than impressed with). Newcastle United's season does not depend on the arrival of a very good French right-back who happens to be mates with Cabaye. If it happens great, if not we get somebody else because that's worked well for us recently.

Guest Realist

I didn't say it was crazy cash I said they won't go crazy throwing cash.  By that I meant they have a valuation and because the need is not very pressing they aren't willing to vary from that valuation much.  Things may change later but that's the status right now it seems.

Seems like Lille's prez is doing a little macho swaggering.

Seems to have little to do with the deal, more a case of "Look how hard I am, they can kiss my arse"

If they have set a price, and we've been hanging around all summer offering well below that, then I don't blame them for being pissed off. We would be.

I didn't say it was crazy cash I said they won't go crazy throwing cash.  By that I meant they have a valuation and because the need is not very pressing they aren't willing to vary from that valuation much.  Things may change later but that's the status right now it seems.

Oh right, yeah that makes sense. :thup:

IMO it's no coincidence that we've come in with another bid after the Ba clause expired. I think we'll be back again. The only real danger with this signing is that someone else buys him, if he stays at Lille I fully expect us to get him in January, at the price we're offering now.

Aye. Relatively speaking we're not talking a lot of money here, and if a better club came in for him then all the 'I want to join Newcastle' would quickly go out of the window.

Guest sicko2ndbest

APs got to call it now and tell those muppets to stop fucking about

Debuchy is the final cog in the wheel, he is that important

At a press conference, Rudi Garcia was questioned by the media about the future of Mathieu Debuchy. The coach gave Lille a lighting situation.

"Michel Seydoux yesterday received an offer from Newcastle which is not sufficient. He decided to close the case of a possible departure of Mathieu last night. This is disappointing, since I knew it had hoped to leave, but it is a responsible boy. Now it comes to work for the season. The deadlines come quickly. "

Aye, bet he's devastated.

IMO it's no coincidence that we've come in with another bid after the Ba clause expired. I think we'll be back again. The only real danger with this signing is that someone else buys him, if he stays at Lille I fully expect us to get him in January, at the price we're offering now.

Aye. Relatively speaking we're not talking a lot of money here, and if a better club came in for him then all the 'I want to join Newcastle' would quickly go out of the window.

Makes you wonder though if what they're asking isn't 'relatively high', why haven't the likes of Inter made an offer that's been accepted? I'm convinced we're the only serious bidders here and think we'll meet the asking price in the end.