Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

I asked Luke Edwards about Debuchy earlier and whether or not he thinks the deal is dead and he said he "will find out for sure tomorrow". An interesting choice of words I thought, not holding my breath that we'll hear anything like.

I think journos just don't like saying 'not a fucking clue mate, you heard something like?'

I asked Luke Edwards about Debuchy earlier and whether or not he thinks the deal is dead and he said he "will find out for sure tomorrow". An interesting choice of words I thought, not holding my breath that we'll hear anything like.

I think journos just don't like saying 'not a f***ing clue mate, you heard something like?'

i think its just one of those jobs where you get paid for doing very little if anything at all.

I really hope we dont kop out of signing Debuchy as go for someone like Erik Pieters instead. I think their comes a point where our stubbornness with regards to paying what we perceive as 'over the odds' for players comes detrimental to the team and shows a lack of ambition.

Dont get me wrong, I definitely dont want to be going back to the days of splashing the cash on rubbish like Albert Luque or paying way way over the odds so much that it puts a serious financial strain on the club but when its blatant that a player like Debuchy would be a top class signing, potentially taking the team to the next level, I think we've got to bite the bullet and pay what they want, especially if it's not too extortionate. Obviously there might well be more to it than paying an extra million or so but thats how I see it on the face of it.

That's promising then. Not the fact he's injured but the fact he hasn't been included.

He's made it clear enough he wants out and a player usually gets his own way.

Ashley to sign him for 4 million in a couple of weeks.

I think we'll improve our bid very slightly towards the final few days or hours. They'll pretty much have to accept it as he'll be desperate to go. All about them finding a replacement as well.

We have a history for needing something on deadline day, not getting anything and being totally flat the next day. This needs to change.

Guest firetotheworks

Is he not in the squad for the upcoming games? Or not in the squad for the entire competition? I'm not sure how it works.

Guest firetotheworks

FWIW, I think if we went in on deadline day, no matter what the offer (within reason), they'd say no. If they have no time to find a replacement, they'll play stubborn buggers.

Is he not in the squad for the upcoming games? Or not in the squad for the entire competition? I'm not sure how it works.

Playing in the qualifiers doesnt cup tie you for the group stages anymore.

Guest bimpy474

FWIW, I think if we went in on deadline day, no matter what the offer (within reason), they'd say no. If they have no time to find a replacement, they'll play stubborn buggers.

I thought they signed a right back?

They did but reckon he's for the future and not at the level of Debuchy. A level they will only sign a replacement at.

They were never looking for a like to like replacement blatently, they weren't going to sell him unless they got an ott offer from us which they could reinvest, the rb they bought will be for in a year when they do sell him.

I'd be interested to know too... Could be quite telling...

Answered twice already on this page :)

Answered twice already on this page :)

My page hadn't refreshed as i thought it had on my iPhone...