Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Quotes from Leonardo this morning saying that PSG want to speak to Debuchy.

This is like when you’re out in toon and you've had your eye on a lass all night, catching her eye, you can tell she wants you, so you go over and share a few words, bit of dance. You head to the toilet to weigh up weather to go in for the kill or not... is she really worth one?.... then you come back out to see your best mate fingering her on the dance floor. All the hard work gone in a moment, devastation instantly kicks in and you feel physically sick. Whole night has now become a shambles and a complete waste of time.

Quotes from Leonardo this morning saying that PSG want to speak to Debuchy.

This is like when you’re out in toon and you've had your eye on a lass all night, catching her eye, you can tell she wants you, so you go over and share a few words, bit of dance. You head to the toilet to weigh up weather to go in for the kill or not... is she really worth one?.... then you come back out to see your best mate fingering her on the dance floor. All the hard work gone in a moment, devastation instantly kicks in and you feel physically sick. Whole night has now become a shambles and a complete waste of time.

Wrong.

You come back from the toilet. Kick your mate in the balls, take the lass home and take her from behind while Cabaye, dressed in full NUFC kit, watches from the end of the bed and encourages you.

Come on Mathieu! You know you want to be that lass.

http://funny-pictures-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/LOLPics---Soon.jpg

Guest firetotheworks

@inochi

I think we did have a say in when and how much we bid, but we can never really know whether it was just Lille shifting the goalposts, or us being tight. It's more that we perhaps shouldn't have allowed this kind of situation to present itself.

@inochi

I think we did have a say in when and how much we bid, but we can never really know whether it was just Lille shifting the goalposts, or us being tight. It's more that we perhaps shouldn't have allowed this kind of situation to present itself.

by offering more than they wanted in the first place ?

He's said he wants to move to a different league, preferably England. Not sure I'm too concerned about PSG being involved.

If PSG bid what Lille wants, or more.

We lose our bargain pole tbh.

Then they will absolutely not accept a lower bid from us then.

He's said he wants to move to a different league, preferably England. Not sure I'm too concerned about PSG being involved.

If PSG bid what Lille wants, or more.

We lose our bargain pole tbh.

Then they will absolutely not accept a lower bid from us then.

they will if we offer them what they consider a fair price.

@madras. Read what I said about being tight/shifting goalposts.

and if the goalposts had been shifted what could we have done to prevent this situation happening ? the only way would have been to offer more than they asked.

The most frustrating thing about this whole saga is that Debuchy is absolutely perfect for us. Good right backs aren't easy to find and I couldnt think of a better option than this lad. Especially given he openly wants to come here and it's a position we desperately need an improvement in.

Guest firetotheworks

Nothing could have been done. That's why I mentioned the two options. If it was us being tight/playing funny buggers with bid amounts (which I think is more likely) then we've been a bit daft to let other teams start sniffing about.

Maybe someone can post the full quotes?

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Leonardo-n-est-pas-inquiet/307835

Debuchy is a very good player. His agent is the same as Bodmer. So, we can say that we have already talked about him. But we have never sent an offer. It was never discussed with Lille.

Further quote from everywhere else:

For right-back, we think we can do better if we look outside France.

Nothing could have been done. That's why I mentioned the two options. If it was us being tight/playing funny buggers with bid amounts (which I think is more likely) then we've been a bit daft to let other teams start sniffing about.

I don't think it is being tight. After his euro exploits it's not like he's a 'hidden gem' yet no-one else seems to want to meet lille's expectations on fee. it's down to his age imo and clubs don't really want to spend that sort of money on a full back they'll possibly get very little financial return on.

they're trying to get us to come back in with more money by saying PSG are coming

aye cos that's what we'll do, start a bidding war with PSG :lol:

it wouldn't be a bidding war as they know the player wants to come here, but just enough to get us to up our bid, not necessarily outbid PSG.