Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

I see getting Debuchy as a must after yesterday. Nothing against Simspon defensively since hes actually a decent defender at times. Its just his footballing ability that fucking kills me. Have you seen him trying to kick the ball forward, he always takes a step backwards before kicking the ball like as if he was 5 year old and trying to get enough power on the ball.

We need Debuchy, we need the ability to be an extreme threat from both flanks. Debuchy overlapping Ben Arfa is a dream combo tbh.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Debuchy/Anita really opens up the team in an attacking sense. With only Tiote covering the back four we can really only having one fullback pushing forward. As admirable a job Jonas does in midfield we have seen what happens when Jonas is put in at fullback (he tries really hard but doesn't have the defensive ability to really shut down a man) and the idea of him having to cover Nani, Podolski, Hazard etc when Santon/Debuchy/whoever bombs forward is terrifying. If we have two attacking fullbacks we need two able DMs to cover for them when they make their runs.

I think actually having an attacking right back is the last bit we need to turn our attack from the disjointed but occasionally brilliant mess it is into a slick, fast counter attacking side, which is what players we currently have are probably made for.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-make-final-6m-offer-1279059

Toon in or drop out: Newcastle make final £6m bid for Debuchy

Toon boss Alan Pardew wants to make the France international his last signing of the summer

Newcastle will make a third and final offer of around £6m to Lille this week for French right back Mathieu Debuchy.

Lille president Michel Seydoux has softened his stance that Euro 2012 star Debuchy would not be allowed to leave this summer in the last few days. The Magpies will now make one last bid to land their long-standing target after two previous offers were rejected.

The key to Newcastle securing Debuchy rests with Lille’s Champions League hopes. If they fail to overturn Copenhagen’s 1-0 advantage at home on Wednesday and miss out in the lucrative group stages, Debuchy will be allowed to leave.

Pardew expects to make just one more signing this summer and admits he will be relieved if the transfer window closes on Friday with all his star players still on Tyneside.

The Toon boss said: “I am pretty happy with the squad. But if we do go into the market again- it will be for just one player.”

hope it doesn't rest on their qualification as I can't see them losing out.

Debuchy/Anita really opens up the team in an attacking sense. With only Tiote covering the back four we can really only having one fullback pushing forward. As admirable a job Jonas does in midfield we have seen what happens when Jonas is put in at fullback (he tries really hard but doesn't have the defensive ability to really shut down a man) and the idea of him having to cover Nani, Podolski, Hazard etc when Santon/Debuchy/whoever bombs forward is terrifying. If we have two attacking fullbacks we need two able DMs to cover for them when they make their runs.

I think actually having an attacking right back is the last bit we need to turn our attack from the disjointed but occasionally brilliant mess it is into a slick, fast counter attacking side, which is what players we currently have are probably made for.

I don't think we will ever become a counter attacking team as we don't have the pace to do so. One touch slick passing football is still a good season away IMO. Debuchy would fee up Hatem a bit or vice versa as his runs and crossing would add an extra dimension. If Tiote leave I think it will detract a lot more from us, people don't realize how much he stops the opposition play and also how he always asks for the ball and his te fifteen yard passes are always positive for me...

Does it really need explaining again how this lots transfer policy works? We don't operate on a budget for f***s sake.

If we finish the window with no one/one more in then I'd be concerned about the lack of ambition being shown. There is/was a real chance to build on last season with players available that the club have already confirmed they have targeted. Still a few days to go but Pards isnt exactly filling me with confidence as it stands.

We've strengthened this window but we still need a forward. We look woefully short up top.

How has the first team been strengthened? With everyone fit and available the starting line-up is exactly the same as ended last season. Taylor's injury excepted.

The squad is marginally stronger, with Anita replacing Guthrie and a couple of young talents replacing wankers like Smith.

Does it really need explaining again how this lots transfer policy works? We don't operate on a budget for f***s sake.

If we finish the window with no one/one more in then I'd be concerned about the lack of ambition being shown. There is/was a real chance to build on last season with players available that the club have already confirmed they have targeted. Still a few days to go but Pards isnt exactly filling me with confidence as it stands.

The club aren't interested in ambition. A good season last time out will have done absolutely nothing to change that.

The club aren't interested in ambition. A good season last time out will have done absolutely nothing to change that.

You are one negative man Wullie.