Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

So if Lille do qualify (which they should), this isn't happening?

Us not meeting their valuation is the only reason why this wouldn't happen.

Well that and getting a replacement in. Think the deal is 50/50 at best. It is quite incredible this hasn't happened. When was he first linked?

Guest frazernufc

He werent in the squad for the game on Saturday which they drew 2-2, and that RB Sidibe scored for them. Not sure if it was anything to do with injury, hope not though.

Thinking about it logically, there still has to be a massive chance we will sign him.

He wants to leave

He would like to join us

We want to sign him

We are within 1m of Lilles valuation

Its all a bit odd that he hasn't signed yet but there's still time.

Unbelievable that we haven't signed him with us working towards a deal for about six months, him publicly explaining how he wants to join us etc. Their valuation isn't out of order by any means.

Really hope there is another twist here and they are forced into selling him as we approach deadline day.

If we get him and don't loose anybody, I'll be happy with the window. Simpson still sticks out like a sore thumb in our best XI.

If you dont strength in this league then you go backwards or if you're lucky standstill.

We needed to add 2 or 3 quality players and we simply haven't done that.

YET.

Stay frosty!

Feel really sorry for the lad and for is as we have to cope with Simpson at RB

If we don't get him, Perch must be first choice RB.

Agree 100%.. he costs us so much.. vs Chelski we had good pressure plenty of players forward, we win a throw in Benny takes it throws it to Simpson who then go's all the way back to Krul I was fkn livid.

Debuchy is an absolute must signing for us!

Tbh it´s nothing then pathetic that we haven´t signed him yet. I´m all for values of the money. But sometimes you need to go up a little bit extra to get that bit of flair than you need.

It´s really a no brainier and I can´t get the right words if we don´t get him.

Sometimes Ashley is just pathetic. I haven´t seen anything yet of this "new found enthusiasm.

Tbh it´s nothing then pathetic that we haven´t signed him yet. I´m all for values of the money. But sometimes you need to go up a little bit extra to get that bit of flair than you need.

Sometimes Ashley is just pathetic. I haven´t seen anything yet of this "new found enthusiasm.

Grow up ffs! From what Debuchy has said he has been given lots of different contradictory excuses as to why he hasn't been able to leave so what makes you think it has been straightforward from our side to sign him?

Grow up ffs! From what Debuchy has said he has been given lots of different contradictory excuses as to why he hasn't been able to leave so what makes you think it has been straightforward from our side to sign him?

Fine. We don´t know exactly what is happening etc. But what I´m also trying to say is that if we stand there after the window has closed with nothing. Has it been worth it in the long run?

Maybe we also, at some point, should walk away if they won´t talk sense and look at some other  targets. We badly need to upgrade so a "we tried" isn´t enough for me. The same goes with a striker. There are basically no excuses.

We may not get what we really want. But is it better to gamble and not do anything like Ashley seems to like? Sure it may be the best. But at some point it won´t and to gamble more is nothing I would like to do.

So we lack flair and Ashley should pay money for Debuchy in order to put that right?

I've seen far more pathetic behaviour by owners than Ashley's negotiation tactics, however frustrating it may be at times.

simpson was fucking horrific at the weekend like, i really hope the people in charge at the club realised what a quality RB could bring to the team and decide to go back in for the lad

the age/value thing is all relative, pay (what) 6-8m euros now for him now and get 3-4 quality years out of the lad, the PL being what it is he'd still sell for a decent price age 31 no bother assuming he adapted to the league

So we lack flair and Ashley should pay money for Debuchy in order to put that right?

I've seen far more pathetic behaviour by owners than Ashley's negotiation tactics, however frustrating it may be at times.

I´m not talking about doing a Liverpool, Sunderland or what ever and just pay everything.

I just trying to say that to what cost can we try and wait for bargains? Can we go another season with this squad and be successfully without improving the squad? Ashley seems willing to do that. I´m not to sure.

Then it´s not only that. But we may also miss an opportunity to go even future etc. And what if we gamble now. Do an ok season but misses out of Europe next season and of that reason losses a lot of our best players.

Sometimes it´s more than some quid. That is what I´m really about.

People are absolutely ridiculous about Simpson. He's not great, but you'd think he was in a f***ing wheelchair the way some go on about him.

I think it´s more about the potential we have in the first team and that every other position is of good quality while our RB, Simpson, is in the same quality as Obertan, Gosling, Raylor, Shola etc. The second team that is.