Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

• 2 weeks later...

I see Ryder is still running with the "Lille moved the goal posts" bullshit.

The same bullshit Debuchy was spouting? Don't think much of Ryder but he probably picked that up from the player himself (not directly of course).

I see Ryder is still running with the "Lille moved the goal posts" bullshit.

The same bullshit Debuchy was spouting? Don't think much of Ryder but he probably picked that up from the player himself (not directly of course).

Every other media outlet in Europe reported that we'd bid way below their valuation.

Ryder reported a couple of days before that fee had been agreed and was too proud to back track.

Anyway, who cares.

Guest Roger Kint

At 4.8mil Van Der Wiel is a better option than Danny Simpson.

:lol: Van der Wi0el only went for 4.8m? I didn't know that. Jeez we were idiots this window.

Van Der Wiel pretty much said we were a shithole though

Didn't know that. So he moves to Paris, which is also a shithole. Apart from the centre.

And his likely obscene wages, Champions League football and a constant stream of silverware wasnt a factor? :lol:

At 4.8mil Van Der Wiel is a better option than Danny Simpson.

:lol: Van der Wi0el only went for 4.8m? I didn't know that. Jeez we were idiots this window.

Didn't know that. So he moves to Paris, which is also a shithole. Apart from the centre.

And his likely obscene wages, Champions League football and a constant stream of silverware wasnt a factor? :lol:

Stop spoiling my moaning, man.

van der Wiel is pretty much overrated because he plays for Holland. People forget that hes not even their best defensive player and their back 4 is terrible.

I know Anita has expressed his desire to cement a spot in our midfield (perhaps Pards gave him & his father assurances re-selection, in order to secure his signature), but i think Holland's fullback positions are well & truly up for grabs at the moment.

A lengthy spell at RB represents an ideal opportunity for him to stake a claim for selection. Forging an effective attacking understanding with Ben Arfa (and being solid defensively, and he looks a tough one-on-one match-up for any winger) would put him in the selection window.

van der Wiel is pretty much overrated because he plays for Holland. People forget that hes not even their best defensive player and their back 4 is terrible.

I know Anita has expressed his desire to cement a spot in our midfield (perhaps Pards gave him & his father assurances re-selection, in order to secure his signature), but i think Holland's fullback positions are well & truly up for grabs at the moment.

A lengthy spell at RB represents an ideal opportunity for him to stake a claim for selection. Forging an effective attacking understanding with Ben Arfa (and being solid defensively, and he looks a tough one-on-one match-up for any winger) would put him in the selection window.

I want Anita to be part of a three man midfield, I think he could complement Tioté and Cabaye very well. But he really seems to have all the attributes for a modern fullback. Quick, good technique, tough tackling and good passer. Can put a cross in as well.

Really? Where? Thats surprising

Really? Where? Thats surprising

"I really wanted to play for a club in a big city. I don't know how serious they were, but I don't see myself living in the middle of nowhere in Newcastle.

"I am used to Amsterdam and really enjoy living in a big city. I have been in Paris for only three days or so, but I can already say that it's quit similar to Amsterdam."