Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Some say that but when he tries to lower expectations he gets shot to shit again.

He will be asked questions on a regular basis and will never be able to please everyone.

At the end of the day [/Gerrard] it would be better for him if he got what the fans wanted, he just has to hope the board can provide this and try and keep as many as possible happy.

Some say that but when he tries to lower expectations he gets shot to s*** again.

He will be asked questions on a regular basis and will never be able to please everyone.

At the end of the day [/Gerrard] it would be better for him if he got what the fans wanted, he just has to hope the board can provide this and try and keep as many as possible happy.

There's a happy medium between overstating how many players we're gonna buy and constantly flogging our key players for sale. The worst part for me is after we fail to get the players that he himself said we needed just a few weeks before the transfer window slams shut, he then patronizes the fans by saying that we have to realign our expectations and should realize that we have a good squad. And then when players injured, he moans that our squad is not big enough. Pardew is flip flipping worse than Romney and to me he lost a lot of credibility in the last transfer window. I just find it hard to believe what he says anymore especially on transfers.

• 2 weeks later...

Quotes today on French radio.

http://www.le10sport.com/football/france/ligue1/losc-debuchy-en-2013-ce-n-est-pas-sur-que-je-parte-80161

"I fought to go to Newcastle, the President didn't want that. I didn't want to clash with him. I don't have any regrets. I had regular contact with the people from Newcastle, there were several offers of over €6m. The episode is past, I am 200% for Lille"

"I didn't want to leave for the sake of leaving. I wanted to join Newcastle. It's not certain if I will leave next year".

Guest Howaythetoon

nobody would be silly enough to buy simpson.

Aye, who would buy the right-back from a side that finished 5th...

The lad gets way too much stick on here and its a shame because despite his flaws, he has proved himself an able and competent Premier League full-back. A player lets not forget who has played a huge part in our revival over the years too.

Guest Howaythetoon

Maybe so, mind I bet all those bemoaning the fact we didn't sign him, probably only know of him from Youtube clips and a few Euro games.

The lad gets way too much stick on here and its a shame because despite his flaws, he has proved himself an able and competent Premier League full-back. A player lets not forget who has played a huge part in our revival over the years too.

:thup:

Guest Rey Mysterio

This line bugs the hell out of me. What's to say we wouldn't have finished 3rd or 4th with a decent RB? (not saying we would have).

Djimi Traore won the Champions League, it doesn't mean Real Madrid would have taken him.

And what have you called the manager of the team that finished fifth?