Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

8m euro is what, right above £6m?

Its that really a unfair price for a French international?

I just ask like, as i want his player in our squad, and it had been good if he could join the team in Portugal.

Mind, i am no negotiator, i would be ripped off if i got the chance. I a fan, not a business man :lol:

The club is banking on him wanting to join us for him to force through a transfer at a price we are offering now, dangerous tactic.

It is with a cash rich club

They've just received 35M from the Hazard deal.  So they aren't exactly skint.

We also offer less because we pay with cash all upfront. But in this case it does not matter to Lille. Although Im not sure if there new stadium has all been paid for?

Guest sicko2ndbest

I just ask like, as i want his player in our squad, and it had been good if he could join the team in Portugal.

Mind, i am no negotiator, i would be ripped off if i got the chance. I a fan, not a business man :lol:

The club is banking on him wanting to join us for him to force through a transfer at a price we are offering now, dangerous tactic.

That's what I meant

Lille are not in a position where they need to sell. With them signing Sidebe I would say our needs are more urgent, but then again We have Santon Tav and Simpson who can play there

Guest neesy111

That's what I meant

Lille are not in a position where they need to sell. With them signing Sidebe I would say our needs are more urgent, but then again We have Santon Tav and Simpson who can play there

Agreed, if we really want him then I guess we'll have to pay near the 10M Euro mark which I don't have too much of a problem with.

Always shows the papers and sky were talking bollocks of a deal being nearly agreed 2 weeks back.

Guest Tyson

just adding to the equation

*Possible back-to-back CL-related revenues.

*New stadium (50K seater), which will compliment their European football revenue stream, opens later in the year. So the infrastructure (at a bricks & mortar level) is strengthening too. The same will apply to Lyon & Marseille in the not too distant future too, as companies jostle for stadium naming rights, to have their product stamped on a brand spanking new stadium.

It's not as if they're a club that 'should be self-aware of their place in football's pecking order', and just hand over their prized playing assets (for peanuts) whenever there's a knock on the door.

French footballer Mathieu DebuchyLILLE last night cleared the way for Newcastle United to complete their long-awaited move for Mathieu Debuchy after they signed a replacement for their star defender.

Buy Tickets to Sports Events on Ebay The French club’s position all summer has been that they would not allow the £6millon-rated right back to leave under any circumstances, unless they had someone who could immediately step into his place in the team.

Yesterday, things took a turn in Newcastle’s favour when Lille announced they had completed a deal for Troyes defender Djibril Sidibe, a similar type of player to Debuchy, who Alan Pardew has been tracking since before the end of last season in his hunt for a quality right-back.

Reports in France also suggested the 26-year-old failed to turn up for pre-season training with Lille at the weekend, although the club have played down the significance of his absence, which some believed was a sure sign he was at long last Tyneside-bound.

Debuchy, who also attracted interest from Inter Milan, turned down the offer a new contract by Lille and made it clear he wanted to speak with Newcastle and fulfil an ambition of playing in the Premier League.

The Magpies first tested Lille’s resolve with a £4million offer, only to see the player’s value rise by 50% following his impressive displays during the European Championships.

But that request was denied by Lille, who do not need to sell anyone – even for an inflated price – after banking £32m from Eden Hazard’s move to Chelsea.

However, now Debuchy’s replacement Sidibe has arrived, the France international will surely be given permission to talk terms with St James’ Park bosses.

Newcastle were also yesterday linked with Marseille star Loïc Remy, a 25-year-old striker who would cost around £10million.

Tottenham were known to be in the hunt for the player when Harry Redknapp was still manager. His current deal with Marseille runs out next July, although his club would still want top dollar for the international if he were to leave this summer.

French media claimed Newcastle had made an undisclosed bid for the

17-times-capped Remy, who won two domestic titles with Lyon, although he has been quoted as saying he would prefer a move to Italy.

Debuchy is much safer bet and if his move is finalised, it would probably mean Danny Simpson leaving with a number of clubs interested in the full-back.

This latest development will please Pardew, who admitted on Sunday that “no real progress” had taken place with regards to any deals being done.

Newcastle fans has began to lose just a little patience as the Magpies have failed to make a significant move in the transfer market during this window, despite being far from idle over the close season.

Gael Bigirimana and Romain Amalfitano arrived from Coventry City and Reims respectively, but neither would expect to be first-team players right away, certainly in the Premier League.

Newcastle were also priced out of signing Luuk de Jong from FC Twente and then, of course, there is the Andy Carroll saga.

The prospect of a return to his first club for the England target man, which reared its head for the first time last week, is nowhere close to being resolved, although there is still a chance the Toon Army will see their former hero back in the black-and-white jersey again

French footballer Mathieu DebuchyLILLE last night cleared the way for Newcastle United to complete their long-awaited move for Mathieu Debuchy after they signed a replacement for their star defender.

Buy Tickets to Sports Events on Ebay The French club’s position all summer has been that they would not allow the £6millon-rated right back to leave under any circumstances, unless they had someone who could immediately step into his place in the team.

Yesterday, things took a turn in Newcastle’s favour when Lille announced they had completed a deal for Troyes defender Djibril Sidibe, a similar type of player to Debuchy, who Alan Pardew has been tracking since before the end of last season in his hunt for a quality right-back.

Reports in France also suggested the 26-year-old failed to turn up for pre-season training with Lille at the weekend, although the club have played down the significance of his absence, which some believed was a sure sign he was at long last Tyneside-bound.

Debuchy, who also attracted interest from Inter Milan, turned down the offer a new contract by Lille and made it clear he wanted to speak with Newcastle and fulfil an ambition of playing in the Premier League.

The Magpies first tested Lille’s resolve with a £4million offer, only to see the player’s value rise by 50% following his impressive displays during the European Championships.

But that request was denied by Lille, who do not need to sell anyone – even for an inflated price – after banking £32m from Eden Hazard’s move to Chelsea.

However, now Debuchy’s replacement Sidibe has arrived, the France international will surely be given permission to talk terms with St James’ Park bosses.

Newcastle were also yesterday linked with Marseille star Loïc Remy, a 25-year-old striker who would cost around £10million.

Tottenham were known to be in the hunt for the player when Harry Redknapp was still manager. His current deal with Marseille runs out next July, although his club would still want top dollar for the international if he were to leave this summer.

17-times-capped Remy, who won two domestic titles with Lyon, although he has been quoted as saying he would prefer a move to Italy.

Debuchy is much safer bet and if his move is finalised, it would probably mean Danny Simpson leaving with a number of clubs interested in the full-back.

This latest development will please Pardew, who admitted on Sunday that “no real progress” had taken place with regards to any deals being done.

Newcastle fans has began to lose just a little patience as the Magpies have failed to make a significant move in the transfer market during this window, despite being far from idle over the close season.

Gael Bigirimana and Romain Amalfitano arrived from Coventry City and Reims respectively, but neither would expect to be first-team players right away, certainly in the Premier League.

Newcastle were also priced out of signing Luuk de Jong from FC Twente and then, of course, there is the Andy Carroll saga.

The prospect of a return to his first club for the England target man, which reared its head for the first time last week, is nowhere close to being resolved, although there is still a chance the Toon Army will see their former hero back in the black-and-white jersey again

What a nothing article that is.

Absolute non-article :lol:

Which is confirmed by this sentence alone

the France international will surely be given permission to talk terms with St James’ Park bosses.

He is speculating. Hasnt got a fucking clue.

Guest nufc_89

The article doesn´t say anything we didn´t already know. Neil wrote the story with three useful words on his mind "Sidibe to Lille". Everything apart from that is just guessing and common sense. It´s rare that Neil has useful information when it comes to transfers and today was no exeption.

If we somehow manage to not be signing this lad it would be the worst piece of business ever! Surly we will stamp up the right amount of money in time?

We badly need to upgrade on his position, he is an french international, he would cost under £10m, we hasn´t sign anyone else, and to be frank, no other position is screaming for an upgrade like his.

What is the problem :dave: