Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

No where near complete then by the sounds of it.  Pardew quoted as saying we are no nearer any of our targets as well.

All about the fee. When that's settled, it won't take much time before he signs.

You seem pretty convinced agreeing personal terms won't be an issue. I'm not so sure.

He may try to use the interest from Inter in his advantage, but I reckon he's set on signing for us. He'll probably want around what Cabaye earns (pure assumption), and I can't see us denying him that.

He says that he shouldn't command that great a fee because he is a defender.  You'd hope that thought would translate across to his basic wage as well.

Cabaye has clearly sold the club to him, he seems set on us.  I just wish we would do the necessary.  His wages won't be the problem, it's the fee that LOSC value him at that is the sticking point.  MA/DL undervalue him imo, with Lille over-valuing him, we need to find some middle ground quickly or another club WILL come in and meet Lille's demands.

Cabaye has clearly sold the club to him, he seems set on us.  I just wish we would do the necessary.  His wages won't be the problem, it's the fee that LOSC value him at that is clearly the sticking point.  MA/DL clearly undervalue him imo, with the Lille over valuing him, we need to find some middle ground quickly or another club WILL come in and meet Lille's demands.

Is he really set on us?

If we undervalue him, then surely there is every likelihood wages could indeed also be a problem.

If any other club valued him as highly as LOSC then already taking this long is a funny way to show it. That suggests to me, that there is not.

Cabaye has clearly sold the club to him, he seems set on us.  I just wish we would do the necessary.  His wages won't be the problem, it's the fee that LOSC value him at that is clearly the sticking point.  MA/DL clearly undervalue him imo, with the Lille over valuing him, we need to find some middle ground quickly or another club WILL come in and meet Lille's demands.

Is he set on us? If we undervalue him, then surely wages will be a problem? If any other club valued him as highly as LOSC then already taking this long is a funny way to show it. That suggests to me, that there is not.

Players in the French league generally earn a lot less & I think should we sign him he would be on wages comparable to Cabaye, which would be about right and a massive increase on what he is most likely earning now.  I just meant undervalue him in terms of what we  are willing to pay for a signing on fee.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wish we had gotten Clyne in, less pressure to secure this deal

From what I have seen Clyne is very similar to Tavernier.

Wish we had gotten Clyne in, less pressure to secure this deal

From what I have seen Clyne is very similar to Tavernier.

Difference is Clyne has the experience Tavernier needs.

No where near complete then by the sounds of it.  Pardew quoted as saying we are no nearer any of our targets as well.

All about the fee. When that's settled, it won't take much time before he signs.

You seem pretty convinced agreeing personal terms won't be an isue. I'm not so sure.

Brings up a good point actually, last week he said something along the lines of Lille shouldn't price him out of a move as he's a defender, does that same logic apply to wages or will he think he should be on same as likes of Cabaye?