Champions League Final 2012 - pre-match thread

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest VaVaVoom

Chelsea, out of nothing more than pure spite!

This.

It may be bitter but i would like them to win just so Spurs dont play CL football next season. I hate Redknapp and Spurs.

Guest Phil K

I'll be roaring on Chelsea, purely to take away CL qualification from those North London tits of Spuds (as they would have if WE had finished 4th)

if everton had beaten liverpool in the semi, chelsea would have to win to be in europe next season wouldnt they?

They would have still been in the FA Cup final, so no.

o aye

I'll be roaring on Chelsea, purely to take away CL qualification from those North London tits of Spuds (as they would have if WE had finished 4th)

definitly, well, maybe not roaring like but i defeintly want chelsea to win. just me or are they quite a generous price aswell ? (just over 7/2 ?)

No guarantee Spurs would beat their opponent in the playoff anyway.

They can get one of Spartak, Kiev, Fenerbahçe, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Lille, Málaga or Udinese and none of those would be a pushover.

Happy to take that risk to see Chelsea flop again.

Does the result make a difference to where we enter the Europa League?

Probably, aye. If Chelsea win, I think we'd go in one stage earlier.

We'll still be in the play off round. If Chelsea win then they qualify for the CL, so they surrender their EL spot. As their spot is considered the most valuable, if it is in the league then it goes to the highest placed EL team, which will be Spurs.

Does the result make a difference to where we enter the Europa League?

Probably, aye. If Chelsea win, I think we'd go in one stage earlier.

We'll still be in the play off round. If Chelsea win then they qualify for the CL, so they surrender their EL spot. As their spot is considered the most valuable, if it is in the league then it goes to the highest placed EL team, which will be Spurs.

Aye, been cleared up since then.

I wouldn't fancy Spurs knocking on our door looking to replace the likes of Modric though.

The pull of Spurs isn't that high if they are in the same competition as us. The only reasons players would have to leave is London and money.

I'm supporting Chelsea, anyway, mostly because the majority of people in my circle of people support them. There are definitely a good number of players (not Terry) that I would be happy to see lift the trophy. Munich should still be favoured, though. Ribery or Robben running at Boswinga should be terrifying.

I wouldn't fancy Spurs knocking on our door looking to replace the likes of Modric though.

The pull of Spurs isn't that high if they are in the same competition as us. The only reasons players would have to leave is London and money.

Good enough reason as any, and if they sell Modric and Bale for ludicrous amounts of money then they have enough to twist Ashley's arm as well.

Fucking despise Terry. That racist, psycho cunt!  Nothing would delight me more than seeing him cry!. Besides Chelsea and Man C are ruining PL with their inflated budgets.  The question is what happens with Chelsea if they don't qualify for CL next season? They have an old squad and I don't think insane wages will be enough to attract the players they need to challenge for a CL spot.  With the fair play rules impending they could be in serious trouble. Harry on the other side could self destruct espite Tham getting the CL. He was already under fire this season. 

Don't like Terry either - especially since the affair he's had with Mrs. Bridge.

Saying that, I think players like Drogba, Lampard or Chech - like them or hate them - deserve to win the Champions League in their career after all the bad luck they've had in recent years - against Liverpool, against Barca...

As much as I'd love to see Redknapp's face if Chelsea take the last Champions League place, imagine JT getting his hands on the European Cup and Chelsea being a European Cup winner.

Bayern all the way.

I think its good for the Premiership for an English team to lift the trophy so I would be supporting them regardless of the Spurs predicament. That said, it would make a Chelsea win that much more enjoyable.