NUFC Pre-Season 2012/13

Guest taps01

Noticed in one of the Man Yoo home games a few weeks back, something like manutd.com/arabic circulating the pitch on the digital hoardings.

It a big world out there guys and we're not even a pimple of the arse of it.

Would be interesting to find out what other think about it though.

I'm I really arsed about having Asian fans that couldn't find Newcastle on google maps? No, not really but by the same score, if those "fans" were the difference between signing good players and really good players (next level type thing) then it changes the complexion of it.

Clearly football is heading in a highly money driven direction so my fear would be, being left behind by the big guns.

There's no reason why we couldn't big a reasonable big global brand if we marketed ourselves correctly.

Not sure if it's on the agenda though. We feel more "local celebrity" to me.  :itk:

Unless we or whoever sign a big name Asian player can't see the status quo changing unless it would over here with mass investment (glory seekers). Read on RTG Mackems are doing a tour of Korea to make the most of Ji, fair enough tbh unless the mad Micks turn up and sour relations.

We should buy some air time of North Korean TV. Have adverts with Kim Jong Il in a Toon top.

"I'm so poor I can't afford to eat but I'm willing to sell my piss bucket for the new Toon shirt with Kim Jong Il 1 on the back".

No offence North Koreans.

Unless we or whoever sign a big name Asian player can't see the status quo changing unless it would over here with mass investment (glory seekers). Read on RTG Mackems are doing a tour of Korea to make the most of Ji, fair enough tbh unless the mad Micks turn up and sour relations.

If they are then fair play indeed, hope it all doesn't work out for them  :smug:

It's all a number games really, here we are posting away with maybe the potential of say 10,000 people reading these posts over time (a lot of time I'm guessing) and with the click of an Enter key, Man U can "directly" reach 25-million supporters.

That's half the population of England, at the stroke of a keyboard.

That is powerful stuff.

We should buy some air time of North Korean TV. Have adverts with Kim Jong Il in a Toon top.

"I'm so poor I can't afford to eat but I'm willing to sell my p*ss bucket for the new Toon shirt with Kim Jong Il 1 on the back".

Would be canny offensive if we dug up a dead communist leader as part of a new marketing ploy.  :lol:

in spain this season, real madrid have often been kicking off at 11am sunday mornings purely for the "asian tv market".....would we for the price ?

Definitely, when was it that Shepherd shafted Robson after a Waffa game?

Valerenga on the Thursday teatime, followed by Wolves Saturday midday wasn't it?

"I'm so poor I can't afford to eat but I'm willing to sell my p*ss bucket for the new Toon shirt with Kim Jong Il 1 on the back".

Would be canny offensive if we dug up a dead communist leader as part of a new marketing ploy.  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest neesy111

in spain this season, real madrid have often been kicking off at 11am sunday mornings purely for the "asian tv market".....would we for the price ?

Definitely, when was it that Shepherd shafted Robson after a Waffa game?

Valerenga on the Thursday teatime, followed by Wolves Saturday midday wasn't it?

Aye, did it again with Palermo on Thursday then that in-famous Sheff Utd home game on the saturday.

Guest Phil K

Noticed in one of the Man Yoo home games a few weeks back, something like manutd.com/arabic circulating the pitch on the digital hoardings.

It a big world out there guys and we're not even a pimple of the arse of it.

Clubs that are successful get this. Chelsea didn't have it at one time, now they do.

Shepherd tried to spark it while in charge. We would get a taste of it too if we started winning trophies (as if...)

Success BREEDS success.

Oldest saying in the book, and truest.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Newcastle United have confirmed their first pre-season friendly of the summer - a trip across the River Tyne to take on non-league neighbours Gateshead.

A Magpies Reserve side will play against former player Ian Bogie's Heed team at the International Stadium on Wednesday, 1 August with a 7.30pm kick-off.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120528/magpies-announce-first-friendly_2281670_2790465?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Some guy from the Columbus Crew called me the other day about coming down for the their friendly against "Stoke City of the EPL" soon. All because I went to our friendly there last summer, no thanks dude.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Last season's Carling Cup runners up, Cardiff City, will provide friendly opposition to Newcastle United in the build-up to the new campaign.

Both clubs can now confirm that a pre-season fixture will take place at the Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday, 11 August - the weekend before the Magpies get their Barclays Premier League action underway.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120529/magpies-confirm-bluebirds-friendly_2281670_2791170?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter