Gaël Bigirimana rejoins Coventry on a permanent basis

Fenham Mag

How did he get on Saturday?  Only see highlights and it sounded terrible, so I haven't bothered trying to find the entire game to watch back.

For an 18 year old, I thought he was very good.  Think he can be potentially be a very very good player.  Got a bit lost at time with the awful football we were playing, but held his own.

He started very brightly and was probably the best player out there for a good 15-20 mins. But to be brutally honest he looked out of his depth for most the game, especially off the ball.

Massive talent mind, should be drafted into the next under-21 squad as there's no other young English player out there with his attributes. And it would hopefully persuade him to ignore Burundi.

• 3 weeks later...

Game seems to pass him by a bit and he does look a bit rash at times.  It's to be expected at his age though, can't believe he's still so young really.  Love the weight he puts on his passes.  Scholes would have been proud of the long diagonal to Santon in the first half. 

Obviously he lacks experience, but he seems to have a good temperament, and his pace and his passing are superior to Tiote's. It's a question of how quickly he develops.

It doesn't feel fair on the lad to play him alongside Tiote, because we end up with two sitting midfielders and Bigi's opportunities are then limited. I can understand that Pardew wanted Tiote's experience out there, but if Tiote's going to give the ball away like a novice you may as well play the younger man. Bigi will learn through being given responsibility, because that's what his position demands, and I don't know how much he'll gain if he's out there as Tiote's sidekick.

Has a great set of ingredients. He's clearly lacking experience but he's with some cracking players to learn from and seems to be picking up game time so will only get better.

High hopes for him.