Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I doubt Newcastle will splash an £8m fee and 30k+ on wages on a back up player but we'll see what happens.

You obviously have not seen the Andy Carroll thread my friend.

That and i doubt Anita would be a back up, especially if we do play 4-3-3.

I doubt Newcastle will splash an £8m fee and 30k+ on wages on a back up player but we'll see what happens.

You obviously have not seen the Andy Carroll thread my friend.

This.

Don't think Jonas will be dropped and I don't think he should either. Tiote the destroyer, Jonas the carrier/set piece creator and Cabaye the goal threat/pass master seems like an almost perfect mix.

No chance Anita would walk into the starting line up. Pardew is pretty anal about putting foreign players straight into the starting line up (with the exception of Cisse), especially younger players. He would sit on the bench until he was used to the league, would probably start cup games though dependent on the opposition.

No chance Anita would walk into the starting line up. Pardew is pretty anal about putting foreign players straight into the starting line up (with the exception of Cisse), especially younger players. He would sit on the bench until he was used to the league, would probably start cup games though dependent on the opposition.

What the hell is that assertion based on? Santon?

Because that is basically the only example I can think of.

Ben Arfa? :dontknow:

Tbf even Cisse missed a number of minutes in his first 3 or so games.

I never said he would walk into it. I said he wouldn't be a back up. There's a difference between a back up and a starter.

Ryan Taylor is a back up, players like Anita, Douglas, Jonas and S.Taylor ( assuming we sign the first 2) are not back up's they are all first teamers of similar level who will be rotated.

It's not a question of who get's dropped for who because we probably wont see the same line up very often next season.

If Anita signs he will play more often than not and Jonas will still play more often than not, same logic applies to Taylor and Douglas scenario.

Guest Ilsteir

A 4-3-3 would make sense, especially with Anita as a single holding midfielder with a box-to-box midfielder and a play maker. I was under the impression (apparently wrong) he was seen as utility player, to be fielded alternately as either DM or left full back. 

Are you Dutch Ilsteir? What brings you here if you don't mind me asking?

Yup, and going by your avatar and text I'd guess you are as well ;)

Other than Dutch football I have an interest in the EPL and I keep track of Dutch players in England. With Anita being a possible candidate for Van Gaal's future national squad and all. This is one of those potential transfers where the media like to blow a lot of smoke. My experience is that talking with other fans tends to provide a bit more clarity on the matter than reading sports-news.

Tevez, Mascherano at West Ham but there were a speight of youngsters at Charlton similar then Santon. Then he has basically said as much in the past and recently about Amalfitano. He likes to bed players in and wrap them tightly in cotton wool if they are young and from another country, which is wise. He tends to go overboard though which was frustrating with Santon, maybe we saw dividends though with his late season form.

A 4-3-3 would make sense, especially with Anita as a single holding midfielder with a box-to-box midfielder and a play maker. I was under the impression (apparently wrong) he was seen as utility player, to be fielded alternately as either DM or left full back. 

I was under the impression we would use Anita alongside Tiote as 2 holding players with Cabaye slightly further forward, 2 fullbacks bombing on and 3 forwards. ( Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa)

I think that's the reason we want Anita as well as the fact he's versatile and keeps the ball better than the majority of our midfielders he provides extra cover for the defence.

I was under the impression we would use Anita alongside Tiote as 2 holding players with Cabaye slightly further forward, 2 fullbacks bombing on and 3 forwards. ( Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa)

I think that's the reason we want Anita as well as the fact he's versatile and keeps the ball better than the majority of our midfielders he provides extra cover for the defence.

This.

Tiote Anita

Cabaye

Ben Arfa Cisse Ba

Are you Dutch Ilsteir? What brings you here if you don't mind me asking?

Yup, and going by your avatar and text I'd guess you are as well ;)

Other than Dutch football I have an interest in the EPL and I keep track of Dutch players in England. With Anita being a possible candidate for Van Gaal's future national squad and all. This is one of those potential transfers where the media like to blow a lot of smoke. My experience is that talking with other fans tends to provide a bit more clarity on the matter than reading sports-news.

Welcome to the forum. I can do with some more Dutch representation, especially as we (NUFC) seem to be more and more active on the Dutch transfer market.

Guest firetotheworks

No way is bigi the alternative. Nowhere near ready for rgular first team action in the way Anita would be.

The alternative being that we wait and let him develop. It's hardly the most pressing position atm.

No way is bigi the alternative. Nowhere near ready for rgular first team action in the way Anita would be.

The alternative being that we wait and let him develop. It's hardly the most pressing position atm.

the alternative being that if not anita we move on to the next target, if we don't get then we wait for the next window. if bigi has progressed enough by then, then so be it but I doubt the idea is that we've dropped interest in another midfielder because of the signing of bigi.

Guest VaVaVoom

This.

Tiote Anita

Cabaye

Ben Arfa Cisse Ba

Aye that as it is would be good but is very narrow and relies heavily on the fullbacks providing quality out wide.

I just don't see Barfa being used as a striker.

I don't see Jonas being dropped neither.

My own personal preference would be to let Ba leave, go with one striker in a 4231, having Barfa and Jonas swapping flanks, Cabaye in behind Cisse pulling the strings with Tiote and Anita providing the grit in behind our attacking four and I front of the defence.

Bring in a new striker to challenge with Shola and give the fringe and youth players a go in the same system in lesser games.