Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Why do we let Ba go then bring in another striker? We need another if he stays, we will need two if he doesn't and I'm not confident we will sign 2 forwards of that quality (It's not football manager).

Guest bimpy474

Think we need two without Ba leaving..someone for the first team pool and another youngster for the reserves.

Think you will find that the youngster is Sammy, seeing as Pards is playing him upfront, pards seems to talk about Sammy as a forward more than he does as a winger.

Yeah, had been trying to ignore that. Ironically he is the type of striker I think we should be looking to add to the first team, hopefully he keeps improving and fills that need, he looked good last year and a slow pre-season is expected for most players.

As for the youth/reserves I guess we have JJ Hooper who is coming up 19, but I don't know that he is ready to break through. Beyond that, do we have anyone coming through up front?

If were playing 442 we need Ba, and we also need a 3rd quality striker like Carroll.

If were staying 4-5-1 /3-3 then Ba doesn't want to play there and might as well be sold for someone who does and bring in a better understudy for Cisse.

I'd like us to play both, i just don't see us planning our squad around that, not in the depth we'd like as fans anyhow.

If were playing 442 we need Ba, and we also need a 3rd quality striker like Carroll.

If were staying 4-5-1 /3-3 then Ba doesn't want to play there and might as well be sold for someone who does and bring in a better understudy for Cisse.

I'd like us to play both, i just don't see us planning our squad around that, not in the depth we'd like as fans anyhow.

He told you this when?

He told you this when?

Stop being such a fuking arsehole for one, and two: Pardew on Ba “He has said he wants some reassurance from me because he wants a more striking role this season and I think he will."

Guest Ilsteir

I was under the impression we would use Anita alongside Tiote as 2 holding players with Cabaye slightly further forward, 2 fullbacks bombing on and 3 forwards. ( Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa)

I think that's the reason we want Anita as well as the fact he's versatile and keeps the ball better than the majority of our midfielders he provides extra cover for the defence.

This.

Tiote Anita

Cabaye

Ben Arfa Cisse Ba

Aye that as it is would be good but is very narrow and relies heavily on the fullbacks providing quality out wide.

I just don't see Barfa being used as a striker.

I don't see Jonas being dropped neither.

My own personal preference would be to let Ba leave, go with one striker in a 4231, having Barfa and Jonas swapping flanks, Cabaye in behind Cisse pulling the strings with Tiote and Anita providing the grit in behind our attacking four and I front of the defence.

Bring in a new striker to challenge with Shola and give the fringe and youth players a go in the same system in lesser games.

I can't see Tiote and Anita be fielded together often. Neither is particularly creative or forward going and both rely on short range passing.  Any team that heavily marks Cabaye will starve the entire offense of service.  It would be an option when facing superior opposition and the entire team sits deep waiting for the break out. 

I was under the impression we would use Anita alongside Tiote as 2 holding players with Cabaye slightly further forward, 2 fullbacks bombing on and 3 forwards. ( Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa)

I think that's the reason we want Anita as well as the fact he's versatile and keeps the ball better than the majority of our midfielders he provides extra cover for the defence.

This.

Tiote Anita

Cabaye

Ben Arfa Cisse Ba

Aye that as it is would be good but is very narrow and relies heavily on the fullbacks providing quality out wide.

My own personal preference would be to let Ba leave, go with one striker in a 4231, having Barfa and Jonas swapping flanks, Cabaye in behind Cisse pulling the strings with Tiote and Anita providing the grit in behind our attacking four and I front of the defence.

Bring in a new striker to challenge with Shola and give the fringe and youth players a go in the same system in lesser games.

I can't see Tiote and Anita be fielded together often. Neither is particularly creative or forward going and both rely on short range passing.  Any team that heavily marks Cabaye will starve the entire offense of service.  It would be an option when facing superior opposition and the entire team sits deep waiting for the break out. 

If we play 4-2-3-1 though with Cabaye in the 3, then it just means we'll concede literally 0 goals, absolute destroy other teams in the middle (football is clearly this easy...)

This.

Tiote Anita

Cabaye

Ben Arfa Cisse Ba

anita was supposed to be ok going forward when at left back, maybe the idea is for a middle 3, cabaye (right), tiote (central), anita (left)