Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I always wonder what's involved in 'preparing' a bid.  I have visions of Lee Charnley, Mike and Dekka gathered around a computer screen in Mike's office, typing the offer up in Word whilst deciding what clip art and fancy borders to use.

Going to Asda with the pot of coppers from the office and putting them through the change machine to see if they can increase the bid.

you can gain an extra 7.5pence per pound by shoving them all through the self scan tills instead of the proper machine  :pow:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Still not sure why we need this guy, especially for the money apparently involved.

Conspiracy

Pardews comments today about Tiote's condition was an attempt to drum up interest

Anita is the back up

Still not sure why we need this guy, especially for the money apparently involved.

the3y might see him as better than jonas for playing a middle 3 and shitting themselves should cabaye or tiote be out for any length of time.

I agree, would have thought a full back, centre back and striker would all have been bigger priorities.

the3y might see him as better than jonas for playing a middle 3 and shitting themselves should cabaye or tiote be out for any length of time.

:thup: On top of the fact he'd be a solid back-up for a fullback slot too.

He should be to replace Guthrie, he has left a hole in the squad

weren't you one of the 4-3-3 wanters. seems like he'd be perfect for that.

I just want a squad with strength in depth

someone who could give us options in formation, makes us stronger in what many see as our best formation and can play at full back..............nah he wouldn't add to squad depth would he.

I personally feel for the squad to be complete across all positions we need a CB, RB, CM, CF but that is impossible.

So it comes down to what Pardew considers more important a CM or a CB.

Also going by pre season, i doubt we will even play 4-3-3 so that throws that argument out the window.

He should be to replace Guthrie, he has left a hole in the squad

weren't you one of the 4-3-3 wanters. seems like he'd be perfect for that.

I just want a squad with strength in depth

someone who could give us options in formation, makes us stronger in what many see as our best formation and can play at full back..............nah he wouldn't add to squad depth would he.

Did I say I did not want us to sign him ?

Central midfielder who can play at left back.

That'll do.

Midfielder isn't he?

Yeah the fact that he can play LB as well as CM is really attractive.

Can't understand why some people think CM isn't a real need, we only have 2 at the moment. I'd feel more confident starting Williamson at CB than I would depending on any of the youngsters or playing the likes of Raylor in CM.