Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Moses decision to play for Nigeria surely rules him out of a move here. That would leave 3 strikers potentially unavailable for a the month of the ridiculously too frequent ACON.

This summer is so boring. Got a bit excited as this thread had few new pages. Every thread gets side-tracked as nothing's happening. Add to that there's the same Carroll argument in almost every thread. :lol:

This summer is so boring. Got a bit excited as this thread had few new pages. Every thread gets side-tracked as nothing's happening. Add to that there's the same Carroll argument in almost every thread. :lol:

Tell me about it, at work, really quiet day everyone is on vacation, but there's bloody nothing going on to keep me entertained, there's f*** all going on with my Miami Dolphins too with their crazy long off season, we are lucky that we don't follow their schedule with 16 games played in 4 months and an 8th month off season, lol, stupidity. Gonna be a long day at work today.

Guest reefatoon

Tell me about it, at work, really quiet day everyone is on vacation, but there's bloody nothing going on to keep me entertained, there's f*** all going on with my Miami Dolphins too with their crazy long off season, we are lucky that we don't follow their schedule with 16 games played in 4 months and an 8th month off season, lol, stupidity. Gonna be a long day at work today.

Well don't go sharing all that boredom with us!!!!

So we haven't bid for him at all according to Ajax now? Overmars being pedantic or anitas agent just trying to drum up interest in the player from clubs other than ourselves?

Where's that been said?

So we haven't bid for him at all according to Ajax now? Overmars being pedantic or anitas agent just trying to drum up interest in the player from clubs other than ourselves?

Where's that been said?

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120718/ajax-deny-newcastle-have-made-anita-approach-176900

"If Frank [de Boer] wants to keep him, Vurnon should just stay at Ajax," Overmars told Voetbal International.

"His contract has two more years left on it and we are very pleased with him. In the two weeks I have been in this role with Ajax I have heard nothing from Newcastle."

Where's that been said?

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120718/ajax-deny-newcastle-have-made-anita-approach-176900

"If Frank [de Boer] wants to keep him, Vurnon should just stay at Ajax," Overmars told Voetbal International.

"His contract has two more years left on it and we are very pleased with him. In the two weeks I have been in this role with Ajax I have heard nothing from Newcastle."

Our bid apparently went in over a month ago though.

Nothing on the Voetbal International site. Sounds like more bollocks from talksport.

That said, has there been anything anywhere but sky saying Anita has told Ajax he wants to leave?

Actually appeared on the Voetbal International website later. Maybe Talksport does have a source inside Voetbal International that passes them on this sort of information after all.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/18/3250047/newcastle-target-anita-has-not-asked-to-leave-ajax-says

No transfer request to leave.. might have told them he wants to though. Talked to De Boer but is waiting to talk to Overmars who decides everything. But don't worry the agent said it should be sorted one way or another in a few weeks!

Guest Ilsteir

Both Overmars and Lulofs have both been quoted that the meeting on Tuesday and the transfer request never happened. (source:http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=169258)

Seems Pete O'Rouke of Skysports is actively feeding the speculation as he has linked Anita to Newcastle several times. Maybe he is being fed info by the agent.

Anyway, Anita is now on £15,000 a week, and their negotiating a new salary with Overmars which would put him near the top of Ajax earners. That's somewhere between Van Der Wiel £22,000 and El Hamdaoui (who just left) £32,000. £32k can be seen as Ajax's wage cap.

De Boer considers Anita a vital player for the spine of coming seasons' team. He is a highly rated academy player, imo significantly better than Nigel de Jong was at his age. He's a Busquests' type passing defensive midfielder. He's played fullback at times as a last resort when Ajax had a wave of injuries during the season. Not really his best position and he was regularly overrun by wingers of Dutch mid-table teams.

Ajax bought his intended future replacement a few days ago: 19 year old Ilan Boccara from PSG who has now joined the second team.

I doubt Newcastle will splash an £8m fee and 30k+ on wages on a back up player but we'll see what happens.

I doubt Newcastle will splash an £8m fee and 30k+ on wages on a back up player but we'll see what happens.

You obviously have not seen the Andy Carroll thread my friend.