Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

It was a brilliant goal no doubt about that. Having said that he hasn't done much else since he has been here, the jury is still out for this lad. I am sure with time he will improve and adapt to this league much better. It certainly doesn't help that he has been played in different positions like, don't even think Pardew seems sure where his best position is right now.

It was a brilliant goal no doubt about that. Having said that he hasn't done much else since he has been here, the jury is still out for this lad. I am sure with time he will improve and adapt to this league much better. It certainly doesn't help that he has been played in different positions like, don't even think Pardew seems sure where his best position is right now.

I think that's a fair assessment. Improvement on previous showings yesterday, which can only be a good thing.

He look instantly more comfortable doing everything he was doing the rest of the match - and that goes for dribbling, passing, etc. Him scoring was the best thing that could have happened to him as it was something that went right for the team (in terms of the goal) and something big for him to see results from his effort and hard work.

I still think there'll be a lot to come from the lad. You don't graduate from the Ajax academy, moving onto playing numerous times for them if you're not a proper footballer.

He'll end up being a real asset, I'm convinced of it.

I still think there'll be a lot to come from the lad. You don't graduate from the Ajax academy, moving onto playing numerous times for them if you're not a proper footballer.

He'll end up being a real asset, I'm convinced of it.

Of course he will, he can clearly play football, it's just been standard adjustment time for him so far.

I've said it before, when the season ends i think he'll be one of our better players. Some people have been quite negative about him, or whatever words you want to use.

But as said, he's only 23 and this is his first season in the EPL. And to be fair it can't have been exactly easier to hit the ground running when we as a team have looked so disjointed and out of movement with no rythm at all this season.

He looked a £6 million player last night, and it made quite a difference to our attacking threat, having both full backs eager to try and get forward and make things happen.

I think Pardew is reluctant to do without Simpson's ability in the air, but Anita offers much the better package. His defending on the ground is much better than Simpson's as well.

Hasn't really got going in the position that made him flourish in Ajax either. As that defensive midfielder/sweeper kind. If we can get him going there I'm sure he will be an real asset. We can allow our backline to push up. Because he's fast and he can cover the backline well. He's good at passing, both long and short (see 2nd goald against brugge). He knows a forward pass aswell. Only thing he really ain't going for him is height and steel. But if you're good at what you do, you have a spot in footie.

What we need to do, imo. is push tiote further forward into that more midfielder position. Where he can try to win the ball higher up the pitch with Anita covering. Tiote has shown at occations that he can release good balls in and around the box. He's also strong so he can keep hold of the ball further up the field aswell as an outlet in imidate presence of the opposite box. Having him in this position doesn't force him to turn play and do the hollywoodballs either, which Anita imo is better at anyway.

Very strange signing considering the way we play. Way too easily overpowered in the middle, especially in a 4-4-2 system.

No surprise given that before he moved he'll have never played in 1 given Ajax and Dutch football's fondness for the 4-3-3.