Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Absolute class, buzzing for him. He is capable of playing class BUT he needs to be playing regularly and with some semblance of a team plan

Think he would be even better alongside Abeid rather than the Ginger one that is running around like a headless chicken

I can forgive him for being a defensive midfielder and long way from being confident in front of goal how he's been treated. However needs to do that consistently rather than get bullied out of games which happened way too often when he was more regular in the side. Seems like his brief stint at full back covering has helped his bustle. If he can do that week in week out he is far superior to Colback in a similar role.

Not that we'll go for Laudrup but i believe Anita would be immense under him pinging the ball around with quick passes and movement. He hasn't been very confident or match sharp this season for many obvious reasons. But i'd bet my life that he would be very very good given belief and a good setup around him. He's very good att passing and movement (i'm not talking about final ball). I've always rated him as one of our better players. Many have written him off on so many occasions. I really do hope he gets the chance to prove what he can do in the right surroundings. I don't want this to sound like a "i told you so" kind of post. I know many of you rate him, at least as a decent/good player. Just that i'm so happy for him as he's been badly managed overall since he got here.

Not that we'll go for Laudrup but i believe Anita would be immense under him pinging the ball around with quick passes and movement. He hasn't been very confident or match sharp this season for many obvious reasons. But i'd bet my life that he would be very very good given belief and a good setup around him. He's very good att passing and movement (i'm not talking about final ball). I've always rated him as one of our better players. Many have written him off on so many occasions. I really do hope he gets the chance to prove what he can do in the right surroundings. I don't want this to sound like a "i told you so" kind of post. I know many of you rate him, at least as a decent/good player. Just that i'm so happy for him as he's been badly managed overall since he got here.

Nail on the head. I still would prefer someone with a bit more physical presence in the middle, but I'm pleased that he got to show there's a very good technical player in there. Finally we got to see how he earned a place in the Dutch national team. Much, much better than we've made him look. If that's his last game here at least he's going out on a high.

Nail on the head. I still would prefer someone with a bit more physical presence in the middle, but I'm pleased that he got to show there's a very good technical player in there. Finally we got to see how he earned a place in the Dutch national team. Much, much better than we've made him look. If that's his last game here at least he's going out on a high.

we're not likely to play 4-4-2 under a foreign manager (should we get one) so big vurn and 2 more physical midfielders with movement around them would work well imo

His work rate and tenacity was fantastic yesterday and he should have nutted Carver when he picked him up like a schoolboy when he was subbed.

However, he's not good enough and anyone thinking he could be a pivotal player with his passing and movement are living in dream land. The best bit about him yesterday was his willingness to be a constant pain in the arse. It says so much about where we are that Anita was the player doing the spoiling role. Colback and Sissoko were largely anonymous in comparison.

Well imo he has shown more than tenacity and work rate. Seen a few games that he's been excellent in. When he played against Man City (was it?) he was very very good, to mention one game. I think he got dropped soon after. Last season i think it was.

His work rate and tenacity was fantastic yesterday and he should have nutted Carver when he picked him up like a schoolboy when he was subbed.

However, he's not good enough and anyone thinking he could be a pivotal player with his passing and movement are living in dream land. The best bit about him yesterday was his willingness to be a constant pain in the arse. It says so much about where we are that Anita was the player doing the spoiling role. Colback and Sissoko were largely anonymous in comparison.

Pressing without fouling all the time too.

for what?

Should most definitely have a future here in my opinion. Yesterday epitomised how effective he can be.

You don't come as far as he did with a club like Ajax if you've not got something about you.

Pardew didn't know how to use him, nor does Carver. Yesterday was about the players' hard work. If it was down to Carver motivating them we'd not have needed that win yesterday and would have been safe long ago.

Under the right coach, he could be an excellent player for us.

for what?

The Premier League. He's simply not equipped to be an effective, regular player in this league. He's shown this time and time again. He had a very good game on Sunday but West Ham weren't really at it and he usually just gets bullied out of the way. If he's a regular next season the Ashley won't have spent the cash and we'll be in bother.

for what?

The Premier League. He's simply not equipped to be an effective, regular player in this league. He's shown this time and time again. He had a very good game on Sunday but West Ham weren't really at it and he usually just gets bullied out of the way. If he's a regular next season the Ashley won't have spent the cash and we'll be in bother.

knowing what we all know about our managers and coaching I find this a fucking ludicrous position personally

for what?

knowing what we all know about our managers and coaching I find this a fucking ludicrous position personally

Quite important but overlooked too often.

Aye but this isn't something he always does imo. Often he's with Colback hiding somewhere.

Makes you wonder why Anita goes hiding that often. Despite getting an amazing run of games and with the managers showing great belief in him. Especially after he's done well.

Makes you wonder why Anita goes hiding that often. Despite getting an amazing run of games and with the managers showing great belief in him. Especially after he's done well.

He's had a solid number of games this season, often in decent runs and has looked poor. Nee excuse like (until Carver dropped him for Raylor). He's been poor this season no doubt. Tiote hasn't played since December - Anita has been next in line and he didn't really grab his chances.

Aye but this isn't something he always does imo. Often he's with Colback hiding somewhere.

He might have had bad games but I don't recall him hiding in many of them. With Colback it's obvious because he does it every game.