Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

You don't sub your match winners, main creator and main set piece taker (indirect and direct) when chasing a goal man.

how about we come up with an attacking gameplan that doesn't rely on a single player twatting one in from 25 yards, instead have people like big vurn controlling possession with considered passing and probing until they can actually create a f***ing goal

can you imagine that?  the fevered dreams we weave

says everything about pardew that he took anita off on sunday, sums him up perfectly tbh

You seem to have other problems and issues.

the only one who doesn't seem to value anita properly is the daft t*** picking the team, and probably ronaldo

I don't get this. He's a pretty regular starter. He seems to be behind Tiote and Cabaye but it's not like james fucking Perch is still getting games ahead of him. I think Pardew rates him highly.. just not as much as Cabaye/Tiote who he loves.

You don't sub your match winners, main creator and main set piece taker (indirect and direct) when chasing a goal man.

how about we come up with an attacking gameplan that doesn't rely on a single player twatting one in from 25 yards, instead have people like big vurn controlling possession with considered passing and probing until they can actually create a f***ing goal

says everything about pardew that he took anita off on sunday, sums him up perfectly tbh

dunno, are eyes and an understanding of the game of football problems and issues?  if so then yeah

:lol:

It was a poor choice of sub, nothing to go overboard about. Brought on a striker for a midfielder, wasn't a negative change. We just lost our way slightly without Anita picking up the second balls and keeping possession. Gouffran for Ben Arfa should have been our first change to see if that brought us more creativity before changing system when the system was still working fine. He got it wrong but don't think he cost us the game or our chances, nothing to suggest anything other than a bit of magic was going to break City. Hart was in top form and was going to take something special to beat him...like Tiote's goal.

You seem to be a douche. Not quite at Ronaldo levels of douche, but give it a bit more time and you'll reach that goal :aww:

"Pardew wasn't wrong for keeping Cabaye on. He's one of 3 players in our side who is a reliable finisher. From any distance and set pieces. You know a match-winner."

Reply: "Match-winners? Why are we reliant on bloody match-winners? We should have a fluent system where goals and goal-scoring opportunities fall from the sky."

He's arguing and angry at another issue totally. While we should be more creative as a side, that doesn't change the fact about keeping on 1 of few match-winners when chasing a game.

Maybe Vurnon can talk with Siem De Jong and convince him and his brother to sign for NUFC.  Would love to see some more Ajax total football playing for us.

"you'll love it here, one of the most comfortable benches i've ever sat on. fantastic view of people of inferior capability doing your job instead of you."

:lol:

Brilliant.

"Pardew wasn't wrong for keeping Cabaye on. He's one of 3 players in our side who is a reliable finisher. From any distance and set pieces. You know a match-winner."

Reply: "Match-winners? Why are we reliant on bloody match-winners? We should have a fluent system where goals and goal-scoring opportunities fall from the sky."

He's arguing and angry at another issue totally. While we should be more creative as a side, that doesn't change the fact about keeping on 1 of few match-winners when chasing a game.

going all ronaldo here like but you're not worth a proper reply

i'd admit it if i thought i was tbh, in the context of that game taking anita off and surrendering control of the game in favour of keeping cabaye on the pitch was not the right decision tbh, i think most people who watched the game would probably agree as cabaye was certainly not having one of his better games (and that's being kind)

Guest Roger Kint

i'd admit it if i thought i was tbh, in the context of that game taking anita off and surrendering control of the game in favour of keeping cabaye on the pitch was not the right decision tbh, i think most people who watched the game would probably agree as cabaye was certainly not having one of his better games (and that's being kind)

Does the fact that play was halted 6 minutes almost immediately after Anita came off not have a bigger bearing on the game? The flow was badly disrupted and never really recovered from the Nasri injury imo. Harsh to say it was down to Anita alone. Not that it really warrants discussion as to why we leave on our corner/free kick taker for a period where we were basically chucking it in their box as much as we could with Willo/Saylor regularly up there.

Does the fact that play was halted 6 minutes almost immediately after Anita came off not have a bigger bearing on the game? The flow was badly disrupted and never really recovered from the Nasri injury imo. Harsh to say it was down to Anita alone. Not that it really warrants discussion as to why we leave on our corner/free kick taker for a period where we were basically chucking it in their box as much as we could with Willo/Saylor regularly up there.

Yeah, I didn't say it was the sole reason. I'm merely saying that taking Anita off was the wrong call in the context of the game and stand by that completely. Cabaye was having a very average game tbh, by his own recent standards.

The injury fucked is big time though, totally agree.

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah, I didn't say it was the sole reason. I'm merely saying that taking Anita off was the wrong call in the context of the game and stand by that completely. Cabaye was having a very average game tbh, by his own recent standards.

The injury fucked is big time though, totally agree.

But Cabaye being average or not you would leave him on for set pieces over Anita. Was a simple choice really. Plus Anita may have took a knock in that heavy tackle a minute before he went off.

Don't forget Cisse himself. A player that contributes nothing.

Simply put: keeping on as many match winners as possible when chasing a game in the last 25 minutes is something 95% of managers do.  Especially when a team has so few. 

Pardew took off a more defensive player for a striker and kept on his AM. He would be criticised for being too defensive if he had taken off an attacker for an attacker.

It may not have been the correct substitution but it was logical and made sense.