Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

FWIW I'd like Anita to be given a pro-longed run in the first team. BUt i'm not sure what to expect tbh.

Aye it's definitely not certain. It's just that he's so fluent on the ball and I think it's debatable how much more solid we really are with Tiote playing. Especially if we want to dominate more possession. Anyway, as long as Tiote is playing alright it's not a major issue. Just frustrating to see such a classy player on the bench.

Excellent player, I like the way he doesn't just go diving in and letting opposition players of the hook. He closes them down, stays on his feet and jockeys them and slows down the play for reinforcements to get back or to force the opposition to pass backwards.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Gave away a lot of unnecessary fouls but he was good today and did what was expected in this formation. With hindsight he should've started against Swansea in the same setup .

Gave away a lot of unnecessary fouls but he was good today and did what was expected in this formation. With hindsight he should've started against Swansea in the same setup .

Unnecessary? If anything he gave away the most necessary fouls today.

Just love the way that Anita plays. Always moving into space to get open to receive the ball, and usually with a one-touch pass to beat his marker and open up the next guy.

Young players should really study his off the ball movement and compare it to crap players (like Larson down the road) who just give the ball and then stand still of no use to the man on the ball.

Unnecessary? If anything he gave away the most necessary fouls today.

:thup: 100%

He's a thoughtful and clever player - I would always play him and Tiote with Cabaye on difficult away trips because he helps us to retain possession.

Courageous too when going for the ball against bigger players - will become a vital part of the side in time.

Cabaye's suspended

Ah yes of course so guaranteed a start, Him, Tiote and Ben Arfa just in front maybe or Pards may revert to Shola up top with just Anita and Tiote centre. May limit us not having that Cabaye creativity in the middle which Anita is not really that type so may need Ben Arfa to start.