Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

He was brilliant, but I thought he could've imposed himself a bit more (along with Tiote) at the beginning of the second half. Why, oh why, do our CMs and entire midfield sit back as soon as halftime is over?

Having seen how small he is up close today there's no way he could impose himself more than he does.

He's tiny.

Decent today IMO, but nothing out of the ordinary. What he gives us though is more than his individual performance. It allows us to free up Cabaye and takes some of the workload off Tiote which has obvious benefits. Always keeps things ticking over nicely, even if he doesn't stand out. And that's invaluable.

Decent today IMO, but nothing out of the ordinary. What he gives us though is more than his individual performance. It allows us to free up Cabaye and takes some of the workload off Tiote which has obvious benefits. Always keeps things ticking over nicely, even if he doesn't stand out. And that's invaluable.

Yep, he doesn't do anything that particularly stands out but he keeps our tempo up. He'll rarely take more than a couple of touches before giving it which means we can keep our momentum up and means that their defence doesn't have time to settle as much. Contrast it to Tioté (who I rate but for different reasons) who often takes far too much time on the ball and can blunt our attacks.

Yep, he doesn't do anything that particularly stands out but he keeps our tempo up. He'll rarely take more than a couple of touches before giving it which means we can keep our momentum up and means that their defence doesn't have time to settle as much. Contrast it to Tioté (who I rate but for different reasons) who often takes far too much time on the ball and can blunt our attacks.

I disagree on Tiote, lately he's been passing the ball almost instantly.