Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

To be fair to him he spent a good chunk of the first half covering Janmaat's forward runs. When he was taken off there were huge gaps behind Janmaat (I'm not having a go at Janmaat here).

I think he's in a bit of a Sissoko situation - he's been played out of position for so long in a team who had no attacking plan as well as having to cope with being in and out of the side.

He's got great technical ability and with a bit of confidence will be a good player.

Just think he not suited to the English , not quick enough or strong enough

Agreed. If you believe Pardew Anita said himself, to his own boss, that the pace is too fast for him in this league.

Was this guy a Carr pick?

Still waiting.....

Waiting for what? Anita is by far a better footballer. Due to the nature of his coaching from a young age, through an academy renowned for its pass and move style of play. Just because Colback can take 1 decent freekick in 10, doesn't make him infinitely better. Anita plays football, Jack chases football.

Looks as though that Ajax coaching may have been Pardewed out of him.

This guy is living off reputation alone. He hasn't proven jack shit.

He's lazy, he's non effective, he does not suit this team.

I wish he did. I wish he was everything people say he is, but he doesn't do anything.

Is he a passing MF? I barely see him pass? Is he a DM? he doesn't tackle and when he tries, he;s not strong enough. What is his function? He just walks around. Such a frustrating player.

What's funny is no one gives this guy the shit he deserves and act as if we should build the team around Vernon fucking Anita. He will never be as good as you think he is. He's a player Ajax pawned off and made a ton of money.

He has well-schooled, tidy technical ability. To call it great, thought, is absurd.

Agree here. The College Dropout though expects him to be challenging centre forwards in the air. I.E doing what the centre backs should be doing despite being what 5-8" tops.

Perhaps in true TCD fashion, he thinks Anita is 6-0".

Just think he not suited to the English , not quick enough or strong enough

WHAT?! That's just not possible.. it's all managements fault he never produces.

I at least saw Colback try to become available where as Anita was standing still half the time on a stroll. Dont know what anyone sees in him. He's just not good enough to be playing for a. This team and b. this league.

Anita was being followed by Ward-Prowse tbf which made it harder for him to be involved but he was check-mated so easily that's the problem. And to make it worse Ward-Prowse runs past Anita for an assisr.

He has well-schooled, tidy technical ability. To call it great, thought, is absurd.

Agree here. The College Dropout though expects him to be challenging centre forwards in the air. I.E doing what the centre backs should be doing despite being what 5-8" tops.

If we continue with Anita & Colback teams will just float balls into our CM/DM area and they'll have their way with us. I understand he won't win it but he needs to be switched on to pick up the scraps.

If Anita isn't going to challenge in the air when the ball is in his area he MUST be aware defensively of the second-ball and make sure he wins that if it is in his area. Again here - he makes a mistake Ward-Prowse reads the flick-on and runs past Anita for the assist.

If we continue with Anita & Colback teams will just float balls into our CM/DM area and they'll have their way with us. I understand he won't win it but he needs to be switched on to pick up the scraps.

If Anita isn't going to challenge in the air when the ball is in his area he MUST be aware defensively of the second-ball and make sure he wins that if it is in his area. Again here - he makes a mistake Ward-Prowse reads the flick-on and runs past Anita for the assist.

Look it isn't rocket science. Coloccini committed himself unnecessarily and didn't win the ball thus leaving us short. As schoolboys we are told not to commit ourselves unless you know you will win the ball. Coloccini made a schoolboy error with his bull in a China shop approach and yet you're blaming a small midfielder for not challenging.

He's 5'6" which is shorter than Tom Cruise. He looks like a bairn playing amongst men when you watch him in the flesh.

I think Jamie Carragher knows more about defending than you and even he said someone needed to make that challenge. IMO it should have been Anita as your CB pushing up like that isn't ideal when he's second favourite. That's a weakness Anita has that he can't rectify because he's so small - so if he's not going to challenge for the ball in his area he MUST be sharp to the second-ball and this is where he makes a big mistake. For the first goal he's just ball-watching and gets attracted to the aerial duel while Ward-Prowse is anticipating the knock-down which allows him to get the pass to assist.

So the problem here is 2 fold. If Abeid or Tiote where playing - they would be the ones challenging in the air with Pelle allowing the back 4 to hold a consistent shape. With Anita we either a) let players bring the ball down in front of our defence b) have a defender push up and try and win it. In both scenarios Anita must effect the game by reading the second-ball. He didn't do this which is a massive mistake.

The third part here is that when Colo pushes up. The defence must become a back 3 and Janmaat must tuck in. Janmaat doesn't do that twice giving Elia that split second advantage. But we wouldn't have to concern ourselves with that if we had a DM to challenge for headers in midfield positions.

The goal was Colo's fault, not sure how anyone could argue against that.

Honestly - some of you are clueless about football.

For the first goal, Colo loses a header about 40 yards away from goal. As a result two passes that could have been easily intervened happen. How can it primarily be Colo's fault?

Because he went challenging for a ball that he couldn't win.?

Ignore him ST. He's a fucking simpleton.

The goal was Colo's fault, not sure how anyone could argue against that.

Honestly - some of you are clueless about football.

For the first goal, Colo loses a header about 40 yards away from goal. As a result two passes that could have been easily intervened happen. How can it primarily be Colo's fault?

Jesus fucking christ man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: