Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Lost his man for the second, Colo had to come across to cover him which left Haidara with two men to deal with.

Third goal, why the hell he's giving Silva so much space I'll never know. Just the amount of times he switches off per game baffles me. Saying that he's only been equally shit as quite a few others.

The Anita hype was created mainly due to the hate towards Pardew, who obviously didn't rate Anita even though "he knows how to play football"

I think there's enough evidence out there now that Anita is a flop who can't fulfill the requirement of a central midfielder and, unfortunately, Pardew was right.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Seriously I don't get it how some people can still defend Anita. Doesn't offer anything apart from some sideway passes and even gives away easy penalties. 

He's never shown anything at Newcastle to suggest he's a good player. Some people literally only rate him because he played for Ajax...

I thought it was more because he actually has looked good if not outstanding in the past for us, and they wanted to see more of him.

We've seen more of him over the past couple of seasons and he's obviously not a great player, the conversation now is whether he's better than Jack Colback.

He's never shown anything at Newcastle to suggest he's a good player. Some people literally only rate him because he played for Ajax...

I thought it was more because he actually has looked good if not outstanding in the past for us, and they wanted to see more of him.

We've seen more of him over the past couple of seasons and he's obviously not a great player, the conversation now is whether he's better than Jack Colback.

He's not.  He's about on par with Billy Askew.

He looked good in the limited number of games he got when he first arrived. But then Pardew and his 'coaches' got to work their magic on him.

It's no surprise he's ended up the broken player he is now. How are you supposed to progress as a player if you don't play? How are you supposed to progress when also-rans such as Steve Stone and Carver are coaching you along with Pardew. Can you imagine the kind of things they will have been saying to him?

He looks shocking at the moment no doubt but I find it hard to blame him. I don't think he's innately a bad player.

He looked good in the limited number of games he got when he first arrived. But then Pardew and his 'coaches' got to work their magic on him.

It's no surprise he's ended up the broken player he is now. How are you supposed to progress as a player if you don't play? How are you supposed to progress when also-rans such as Steve Stone and Carver are coaching you along with Pardew. Can you imagine the kind of things they will have been saying to him?

He looks shocking at the moment no doubt but I find it hard to blame him. I don't think he's innately a bad player.

He is clearly not a bad player, as Ronaldo says he isn't physical enough to cope. He did however look fantastic for us late last year when given a run in the team and was even an attacking threat. A midfield enforcer he certainly isnt though. He is best at work tidying up and connecting play but unfortunatley he doesnt have the vision of cabaye nor the physicality of tiote to be relied upon as a sole DM. It all depends who he plays alongside imo.