Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

I'm fine with Yedlin but we're going to have to make a decision pretty early in the summer about whether we renew Anita's contract or hope a better right back becomes available.

I'd renew it anyway, to be honest. He's worth another year and a squad member that we'll probably need at some point in the season.

:thup: I like Anita tbph, been canny this season, 2 stinkers both against Fulham aside.

Yedlin is more than good enough to start for us in the PL. Anita probably as well, although some games he will get exposed because of his size.

Based on what? :lol:

My assessment of how good they are as players. The normal reasons for giving an opinion.

I've seen nothing from either that remotely suggests they're PL defenders. Yedlin's admittedly brilliant going forward at this level.

What is a player, especially a right back playing in the championship supposed to do to show they are a PL player? You've said he's brilliant going forward at this level, I can't remember too many defensive errors and prior to this season he's played PL football.  What's he supposed to be doing?

Yedlin is more than good enough to start for us in the PL. Anita probably as well, although some games he will get exposed because of his size.

Based on what? :lol:

My assessment of how good they are as players. The normal reasons for giving an opinion.

I've seen nothing from either that remotely suggests they're PL defenders. Yedlin's admittedly brilliant going forward at this level.

What is a player, especially a right back playing in the championship supposed to do to show they are a PL player? You've said he's brilliant going forward at this level, I can't remember too many defensive errors and prior to this season he's played PL football.  What's he supposed to be doing?

I'm not really sure what your point is. I just wouldn't base an opinion concerning PL suitability on about 20 starts in the Championship. I know some would disagree but the disparity in quality is huge. Teams like Burnley sometimes tread water for half a season or so and pick up enough points to survive but it's unsustainable.

For Ian to say they're both 'more than good enough to start' in the PL is at best a bit of a stretch and in all honestly a little bit daft given that Anita's barely played there in the PL and has persistently struggled physically at that level, and Yedlin obviously didn't impress too much at Sunderland.

I'm not really sure what your point is. I just wouldn't base an opinion concerning PL suitability on about 20 starts in the Championship. I know some would disagree but the disparity in quality is huge. Teams like Burnley sometimes tread water for half a season or so and pick up enough points to survive but it's unsustainable.

For Ian to say they're both 'more than good enough to start' in the PL is at best a bit of a stretch and in all honestly a little bit daft given that Anita's barely played there in the PL and has persistently struggled physically at that level, and Yedlin obviously didn't impress too much at Sunderland.

Absolute nonsense.

Outside of the top 7 teams in the PL, the quality is very poor. How many of the 13 other teams do you feel have such a hugely better squad than us/Brighton to evidence your disparity in quality between the two leagues? I'd be intrigued to know.

Absolute nonsense.

Outside of the top 7 teams in the PL, the quality is very poor. How many of the 13 other teams do you feel have such a hugely better squad than us/Brighton to evidence your disparity in quality between the two leagues? I'd be intrigued to know.

West Brom, Southampton, Watford, Stoke, Leicester, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth certainly. Hull, Burnley and Swansea probably. Would say we're on par with Middlesbrough and are better then Sunderland.

Outside of Ritchie, Shelvey, Gayle, Clark and I would actually say Yedlin, we are short on Premier League quality, even Clark is touch and go considering what happened the last time he was in the Premier League.

Absolute nonsense.

West Brom, Southampton, Watford, Stoke, Leicester, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth certainly. Hull, Burnley and Swansea probably. Would say we're on par with Middelbrough and are better then Sunderland.

Outside of Ritchie, Shelvey, Gayle, Clark and I would actually say Yedlin, we a short on Premier League quality, even Clark is touch and go considering what happened the last time he was in the Premier League.

Do you honestly believe that the likes of West Brom, Hull, Burnley, Swansea, Boro, mackems and Bournemouth categorically have a such better quality squad than ours/Brighton's?

Incredible.

The quality of the PL is 'very poor' and I'm the one talking shit.

I'm not indulging in this crap again. There's obviously a bit of a shelf in the PL between the biggest clubs and the best of the rest but it's far and away one of the best two leagues in Europe, and the gulf between it and the Championship is huge. If you didn't know that in August (you should have) you do now.

Taken from their last match (v Spurs):

How many of these Bournemouth players are categorically better than what we have like? :lol: I'm not having that at all. You could repeat this for all of the other teams listed above.

1 Boruc

15 Smith

2 Francis

3 Cook

11 Daniels

19 Stanislas

8 Arter

32 Wilshere

7 Pugh

17 King

9 Afobe

The quality of the PL is 'very poor' and I'm the one talking s***.

I'm not indulging in this crap again. There's obviously a bit of a shelf in the PL between the biggest clubs and the best of the rest but it's far and away one of the best two leagues in Europe, and the gulf between it and the Championship is huge. If you didn't know that in August (you should have) you do now.

Another trait of yours, just merely ignoring what was said and making it up as you go along.

Outside of the top 7, the quality of the PL is very poor.

Which is true. West Brom sitting in the heights of 8th is testament to that point. Hal Robson Kanu is playing regularly for the team sitting in 8th.

Taken from their last match (v Spurs):

How many of these Bournemouth players are categorically better than what we have like? :lol: I'm not having that at all. You could repeat this for all of the other teams listed above.

1 Boruc

15 Smith

2 Francis

3 Cook

11 Daniels

19 Stanislas

8 Arter

32 Wilshere

7 Pugh

17 King

9 Afobe

Don't know much about the back four, but Boruc and the top 6 are better then our players in the respective positions for sure, other then maybe Ritchie for Stanislas.

Another trait of yours, just merely ignoring what was said and making it up as you go along.

Which is true. West Brom sitting in the heights of 8th is testament to that point. Hal Robson Kanu is playing regularly for the team sitting in 8th.

You're the one saying two thirds of the Premier League is very poor in quality you weird mong. In comparison to which league, where? Get fucking lost with this tedious crap.

You're the one saying two thirds of the Premier League is very poor in quality you weird mong. In comparison to which league, where? Get f***ing lost with this tedious crap.

Ronaldo still cant force his opinion on people so starts with his boring little insults.

The posting cycle of Ronaldo. Ignore -> Make up -> Insult.

I wasn't comparing it to any other leagues, I was merely stating that compared to the top third, it is very poor. Also pointing out that the quality difference between us, Brighton and the bottom two thirds is not as humongous as you tried to make out.

It's there in black and white that you said the quality of 13, ie the vast majority of, teams in the PL is very poor. It's the same old nonsense.

We got relegated (twice) with a better squad than we have now.

It's there in black and white that you said the quality of 13, ie the vast majority of, teams in the PL is very poor. It's the same old nonsense.

We got relegated (twice) with a better squad than we have now.

Tbf the fact that we were managed by Steve McClaren was what relegated us last season. There was enough in that squad for a semi competent manger to have kept us up.

I thought Yedlin was rated at Sunderland when he played under BSA?

I know a few Spurs fans who we're surprised when he was sold and was expecting him to compete this season, admittedly they're full back options are ridiculous :lol:

Well he didn't play in our last game and played pretty well against Leeds. He had a few dodgy games when he returned from injury but has settled back into the side just fine (when he is picked).

Well he didn't play in our last game and played pretty well against Leeds. He had a few dodgy games when he returned from injury but has settled back into the side just fine (when he is picked).

What did he do well against Leeds? He had a stinker vs Sheffield Wednesday.

What did he do well against Leeds? He had a stinker vs Sheffield Wednesday.

Thought he was contender for mom against Leeds tbf.