Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

As a RB, one of the few players who didn't crumble during the relegation fight last season. He's a solid, balanced rightback when fit. Unless there's a wonderkid emerging in our youth set-up (to replace him, in rotation with Yedlin) we should stick with Anita.

He was very good against Leeds.

This! :thup: Stupid to suggest anything else about him in this game.

The worst thing about this is the total lack of effort and urgency in such an important game. I understand that theyre not a particularly talented group of players but each and every one of them needs to take a long, hard look at themsleves at half time.

I hope they all cut their wrists and die.

Not as stupid as this you knacker  :lol:

What the f*** are you on about?? This was in the heat of the moment as i was so f***ing angry about the display, and absolutely gutted about how we performed,  lack of willingness and all that from everyone involved. And what the hell does this have to do with Anita anyway? :lol: Mong!

Guest neesy111

What the f*** are you on about?? This was in the heat of the moment as i was so f***ing angry about the display, and absolutely gutted about how we performed,  lack of willingness and all that from everyone involved. And what the hell does this have to do with Anita anyway? :lol: Mong!

1st rule on NO, you can't change your opinion.

;D nothing. Just thought it was a ridiculous comment. You said my opinion was stupid. I actually never got to the Leeds game as I was away. Obviously my assessment was wrong..  :blush:

As a RB, one of the few players who didn't crumble during the relegation fight last season. He's a solid, balanced rightback when fit. Unless there's a wonderkid emerging in our youth set-up (to replace him, in rotation with Yedlin) we should stick with Anita.

He wasn't particularly good last season like. Happy to keep him on as back up because of his versatility but when everyone's fit he shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team assuming we are in the PL.

I think Rafa will be quite happy with Yedlin, Anita and Sterry as our right-back choices tbh. And whatever happens to Mbabu also.

I would have thought Anita could get himself a decent deal somewhere if he's out of contract. We'd have to offer him a similar package so Rafa would only do that if he thinks he's good enough to be first choice RB in the premier. I don't think he's ideal, but we've probably got more important areas we need to spend on so if he gets a new deal I'm okay with it.

I would give him another deal after Rafa came in back end of last season he was brilliant (Best Game was against Man City the 1-1 draw) and although we have yedlin now he is still a bit green and he does get forward well (not so much getting back as well as going forward) Anita gives you more stability and his versatility can be utilised more as no matter where he is put he does the job (would be putting him as a holding midfielder as opposed to Colback or even Hayden based on recent performances). Pardew, Carver and McClown couldnt get anywhere near the performances that he has had under Rafa. Valuable squad player......Dare i say it he is the modern day Aaron Hughes in my opinion.

He wasn't particularly good last season like. Happy to keep him on as back up because of his versatility but when everyone's fit he shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team assuming we are in the PL.

Nah - he played pretty well at right back last season.  Would be more than happy to have him and Yedlin was our RBs next season, given the need to strengthen elsewhere.  Shouldn't even be close to a priority.

He is on about 50k apparently which is a bit steep. Would extend though just because we are going to need to change a lot already next season, not for too many years though.

would extend but not for £50k a week

Nah - he played pretty well at right back last season.  Would be more than happy to have him and Yedlin was our RBs next season, given the need to strengthen elsewhere.  Shouldn't even be close to a priority.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.