Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Bye; don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. Can't believe that we spunked over 6 million on a player who was never going to be able to cut it in the PL. Good luck anyway and thanks for nearly blowing our cover when we were in a home section and you decided to hit a screamer in Bruges.

Guest neesy111

Bye; don't let the door hit your arse on the way out. Can't believe that we spunked over 6 million on a player who was never going to be able to cut it in the PL. Good luck anyway and thanks for nearly blowing our cover when we were in a home section and you decided to hit a screamer in Bruges.

Absolute aids this post.

Explain; he was awful. Give me one example where he changed a game. His most praised performances were when he ran his arse making himself a nuisance; the kind of performance Colback gets pelters for. Don't get me wrong, Colback is equally as poor but the undeserved praise Anita received on here baffled me. Overrated as a player by a large section of Newcastle Online.

Absolute aids this post.

Explain; he was awful. Give me one example where he changed a game. His most praised performances were when he ran his arse making himself a nuisance; the kind of performance Colback gets pelters for. Don't get me wrong, Colback is equally as poor but the undeserved praise Anita received on here baffled me. Overrated as a player by a large section of Newcastle Online.

Absolute aids this post.

He was a decent right back IMO. I fully agree with you on him in midfield. He was usually no better than Colback in there except he'd play class about one game a season

£5m gets you Grant Hanley or Daryl Murphy. £6m is about right for a below average Premier League player/good Championship player.

You realise that in the same season we bought both Sissoko and Debuchy for just a touch more than Anita cost?

Tidy player and did ok on occasion, I'm not quite sure why we bought him yet he was here for years. I suppose the definition of a utility player.

Top professional though and great attitude. Really wish him the best.

Absolute aids this post.

Aye as if the door would miss his arse.

He was apparently bought as a Midfielder but only really looked good there on the few occasions he played in a 3 with Tiote and Cabaye, they all complimented each other really well.  The win at Old Trafford springs to mind as one of those games, they were brilliant that day!  He looked a very capable full back though, i thought Rafa would've kept him to be honest.

Best of luck to the lad!

Must be abit meh when you spend 5 years of whats probably the best of your footballing career for a club in and around the team, being a decent bloke, giving it your all and being a model professional but to then get released and the fans not really being to arsed about it.  :lol: