Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

As long as Pards brings his frameless glasses, it's in the bag.

How do they work then? :lol:

The theory is that he doesn't actually need them, he just wears them for the frames. Lady trap.

Surely they would be without lenses, without frames wouldn't really work :lol:

The theory is that he doesn't actually need them, he just wears them for the frames. Lady trap.

:lol:

Pards defies logic, I'm just saying what I saw.

Guest BooBoo

So we've agreed a deal but we've not met the player or even arranged to yet and he doesn't know where we plan to utilise him.

IMO this ones got a long way to go before being signed and sealed. Estimated completion date: next Monday.

We can't talk to him until we agree a fee and are given permission to talk to him by Ajax, fee agreed yesterday so lets give them a chance to talk to him first.

Its a worry though that the player has so much to say about it and the fee being mentioned, seems a bit of a "look what you can get me for" plea to other clubs.

Guest Stephen927

It's not unusual

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7N2z5D7d-OA/Tdju5P1tjSI/AAAAAAAAHGI/FLjd_d0L2yk/s400/tom%2Bjones%2Brescue%2Bme%252C%2Bdancing%2Bendlessly.jpg

for a selling club to allow the buying club to discuss personal terms while a fee is thrashed out.

Guest Ilsteir

The Ajax showtime article:

Anita wants to meet Pardew

Exclusive - Vurnon Anita isn't sure yet if he wants to change Ajax for Newcastle. The utility player first wants to talk to the manager of the British club, Alan Pardew, to see what his his plans are. That is what Anita's father said in an interview with Ajax Showtime.

"We have received an offer from Newcastle United, that's correct. However we have not made a decision" Anita's father clearly said Monday afternoon to Ajaxshowtime.com. "Vurnon first wants to talk to the manager of Newcastle United. He hasn't met him yet. Newcastle United and Ajax have come to an agreement, but Vurnon wants to know what NUFC's managers plans are with him. Does he plan to buy Vurnon for the rightback position, or leftback, or midfield? These are important questions for Vurnon before making his choice. He hasn't received an answer yet to those questions."

RTV North-Holland mentioned monday morning that Anita would travel to England the same day for a medical. According to Anita Senior things haven't progressed that far yet. "I think Vurnon and me will still be in the Netherlands today. Vurnon has trained with Ajax as usual", he explained. "Tomorrow (Tuesday ed.)  Vurnon has time off, just like the rest of the Ajax squad, but we haven't received an invitation from Newcastle United to travel to England yet. For now I expect us to remain in the Netherlands".

Vurnon's father expects that the transfer can progress very quickly. "Should the meeting between the manager of NUFC and Vurnon have a positive outcome then things can move quickly. The whole thing could be finished in a week. "said Anita senior.

http://www.ajaxshowtime.com/hoofdnieuws/64153/anita-wil-in-gesprek-met-pardew.html

Guest andrew

if it's generally accepted we've settled on a fee then isn't it a bit unusual that we aren't racing to get his terms sorted and the player over on tyneside? or is there more business to conclude on the fee front.

Don't understand that mentality personally, every player that joins us will want to speak to the manager before deciding to join.

It's normal, the only difference is we have heard about this in the media instead of it being done and dusted in-house.