Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Guest firetotheworks

Of course. Simpson is naturally a right back. Jonas is naturally a midfielder. Santon prefers left back. Playing both side backs out of position is suicide on the break.

Of course. Simpson is naturally a right back. Jonas is naturally a midfielder. Santon prefers left back. Playing both side backs out of position is suicide on the break.

i've reported this over the use of the term "side back".

So we've agreed a deal but we've not met the player or even arranged to yet and he doesn't know where we plan to utilise him.

IMO this ones got a long way to go before being signed and sealed. Estimated completion date: next Monday.

amsterdam's an hour flight away mind

Not sure if posted since Sunday but a good listen if not... Maybe the plan is Anita LB and Santon RB... Either that or he'll rotate with Jonas...

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/call-collymore/120812/van-der-kraan-newcastle-fans-should-be-excited-anitas-arrival-178495

He'll be used as in a few positions, like a lot of the squad.

That's my concern as I feel judging by his fathers comments he perhaps wants a more defined role in the team which may go against us signing him...

I think the main plan is to play Anita in midfield but it's just an added benefit that he can slot in at left back when needed especially when we have someone like Jonas who can come into a midfield 3.

I still think they want a RB but what happens there before the window is anyones guess.

I think Pards is just looking for versatility from his squad personally. With Anita it offers him up another formation to play with the 4-2-3-1 with Cabaye slightly forward, We could go 4-4-2 with Cabaye alongside Anita or Tiote and Ba/Cisse up front, we could go 4-3-3 with Cabaye/Anita/Tiote - Ben Arfa/Cisse/Ba. Having another quality midfielder gives us another dimension really which we did not have last year

Agreed, from what those who have seen him have said he's worth half that fee as a defender. If we have a massive injury crisis in defence he may be used there but I reckon 90% of his games will be midfield.

I've no doubt Anita will primarily be used as a midfielder. Pardew has often said "control the midfield and you control the game", Anita looks the type of player who'll take some of the pressure of Tiote and also allow Cabaye to play in a much more advanced position.

Aye agree, Tiote has to cover alot of ground and ends up picking up yellows.  Taking a bit of pressure of Tiote might do him wonders and help the rest of the team.